The Verdict Waiting Room

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep I am a regular nerdish lawyer but have ditched the glasses after eye laser so feel less nerdy.

Come on Alioops - NERD? I don't think any of us would let you get away with that title!

Come on Alioops - NERD? I don't think any of us would let you get away with that title!

We'll I am a lawyer so must be a nerd. If I am a nerd Liadan then you are too!

Edit. I am not suggesting Liadan is a lawyer. Her occupation is way more nerdier!

I hope she doesn't mind. It is such a ponderous couple of photos. I thought they were magical.

I'm sure she won't mind Poss :)

She's brilliant at being in the right place, at the right time, and capturing that special moment!

Folks we don't allow facebook screen shots thanks.

And derogatory comments directed at defense team/witnesses/jury members etc aren't allowed.

I post this now as I just found it and don't want to lose it. I want to comment on it later tonight so will quote it then.

Judge Byrne direction to jury

"If you conclude that the accused lied because he realised that the truth would implicate him in killing his wife, you would need carefully also to consider whether the lie reveals a consciousness of guilt merely with respect to manslaughter as distinct from also revealing an intention to kill or to cause grievous bodily harm,” he said.

“You may only use the lie about cutting himself shaving – if it is a lie – as tending to prove the element of murder of an intention to kill or to cause grievous bodily harm if, on the whole of the evidence, the accused lied because he realised that the truth of the matter in that respect would show that, in killing his wife, he had intended to kill her or to cause her grievous bodily harm.

“It may be that, even if you were to find that the accused lied about his facial injuries because he realised that the truth would show him to be the killer, still you would not conclude that the lie shows that he realised that her death after scratching him with her fingernails would show that he had killed her intentionally.”

Folks we don't allow facebook screen shots thanks.

And derogatory comments directed at defense team/witnesses/jury members etc aren't allowed.

Sorry Marly :blushing:

Not sure if this pic has been posted before. Saw it the other day and it gave me a laugh.
etezu4et.jpg

Believe it or not on one of the days I was in court someone brought along their child, maybe about 7 or 8 years old. They got some strange looks at they were walking in too.

Oh dear :( what was the mother thinking ? That's not funny at all.
I laughed at the cartoon purely because the mum in the background had her hand up. I'm sure there was half of Brisbane feeling like this these last 2 weeks. Wanting to go but couldn't due to school holidays.
I did read in an article that there have been quite a few kids in the overflow court. I'm actually shocked that children are even allowed in!

I did read in an article that there have been quite a few kids in the overflow court. I'm actually shocked that children are even allowed in!

Me too! Surely children shouldn't be admitted into murder trials?! That seems bizarre to me. Almost as bizarre as actually thinking it's alright to take your children along......:scared:

Can I put a few sorry's in the bank for later please Marls?

So after another long day in Court....like everyone, feel totally exhausted. Had several chats with cousins, uncles, aunts of the Dickies and heard some insights about where they are all at. So very sad......think they were hoping for some closure this afternoon (like everyone), however the BC's seemed quite happy, laughing, giggling and a lot more confident than they have on previous days. Possibly the BC's feel the longer it draws out means better outcome for them. I really truly hope that the hiccup over the past day with downloads and questioning over manslaughter/murder and lying under oath means that the jury are really making the best decision. Someone killed ABC and as I heard today from her relative 'no one deserves to be lying under a bridge' I concur with that!!!

I can't believe that people took their kids in. Wow that's just truly bizarre. If only it wasn't school holidays, I would've gone in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong