LA LA - Shane Fell, 36, Marrero, 9 June 2011 - #2

You really need to read more I assume, a boa can swallow anything up 3-10 times it weight and it does not have to be in La to do so. I have seen it swallow deers and crocs also little children/teens/men whole. You never heard or seen it happen, I find this hard to phathom., But the truth is it does happen? Go ask the No . LA residence living in the swamp areas. Because I have.

There are few exotic pet shop in La. No that catches them and sell them. Now Im not being rude. This is my theory , not saying it a fact. I wld led you to ask them has it happened.

I have correct this information because there are exotic shops that catch them and sell them to the public in Louisiana also in New Orleans. Also there a group of park safety folks. That come out and catch theses boas among other exotic animals that have been released in public areas. This is 100% fact you can look this up.

I read somewhere to do a reverse search on www.anywho.com. It lists Shane Fell, as being 45, and living in 1st: San Jose, CA 2nd: Savannah, GA 3rd: New Orleans, LA. I know the age is incorrect, but the employers match and I recognized one relative...not sure about the rest. Has he ever lived in San Jose, CA? The program that runs the check is very accurate. It's called Intelius. You do have to pay for a more detailed report. I typed in my info just to see and it's all accurate. It's free just to type in your name and state. It makes more sense that he would want a fresh start somewhere, than living homeless on the streets. http://www.yellowpages.com/whitepages?from=AnyWho&first=shane&last=fell&city=&state=GA
My only question would be then, why not tell family?

Oh, dona, have I told you lately that I love you?

eaten out of extinction by
the local Cajun population

That is a fine country song right there...

Fa tru...I also do Jolene when very very wasted, usually in a bar along a country road that if they don't know you (all cousins) you get kicked out by the bartender (no mixologist here) & she jumps over the bar with her baseball bat to make sure you get the idea. I am tone deaf, so everyone knows NOT to buy me a lot of alcohol. Sorry OT

I have correct this information because there are exotic shops that catch them and sell them to the public in Louisiana also in New Orleans. Also there a group of park safety folks. That come out and catch theses boas among other exotic animals that have been released in public areas. This is 100% fact you can look this up.

I don't doubt you, Oldwindow, I'm just saying we EAT everything we can catch: nutria, alligators, possums, armadillo, birds, crawfish, snake. We'd find some way to catch it & eat the boa. The Cajuns did literally eat a species of bird, called papabote, out of extinction. If it's there & we can catch it, we eat it, usually with a lot of hot sauce & accompanied by a great deal of alcohol. It may be sad, but it's been our culture for over 250 years.

All the boas I've seen in exotic local shops were feathered. :drumroll: :)

Just kidding with you a bit, Oldwindow. A market for boa constrictors in this area would not come as a big surprise to me. The climate is right, and I do seem to recall reading an article some time back about large snakes being brought into Florida or Texas. Still, snakes are unlikely to be a factor in Shane's disappearance. Let's please move on, folks.

Thanks.

I read somewhere to do a reverse search on www.anywho.com. It lists Shane Fell, as being 45, and living in 1st: San Jose, CA 2nd: Savannah, GA 3rd: New Orleans, LA. I know the age is incorrect, but the employers match and I recognized one relative...not sure about the rest. Has he ever lived in San Jose, CA? The program that runs the check is very accurate. It's called Intelius. You do have to pay for a more detailed report. I typed in my info just to see and it's all accurate. It's free just to type in your name and state. It makes more sense that he would want a fresh start somewhere, than living homeless on the streets. http://www.yellowpages.com/whitepages?from=AnyWho&first=shane&last=fell&city=&state=GA

I believe the San Jose location appeared because the company Shane worked for Verifone is based out of San Jose. Is this accurate Kenny? Praying for your family! I am originally from Baton Rouge. I have been following Shane's story for a few weeks.

I believe the San Jose location appeared because the company Shane worked for Verifone is based out of San Jose. Is this accurate Kenny? Praying for your family! I am originally from Baton Rouge. I have been following Shane's story for a few weeks.
I am looking into that Address today.......I know he has a Ex Wife that lived in i think Cal. ....I am sorry i had to step away from the board for a few days...I was kinda not in the mood....Thanks Everybody

I personally do not subscribe to the homeless/amnesia theory. IF however he did have amnesia, any ID in his possession could have told him his name, but maybe he would not remember having family. Trauma can do terrible things to memory.

Kenny,
We don't expect anything from you. We are just glad you came. Take as many breaks as you need.
We'll be right here when you get back.:peace:

I am looking into that Address today.......I know he has a Ex Wife that lived in i think Cal. ....I am sorry i had to step away from the board for a few days...I was kinda not in the mood....Thanks Everybody

Kenny,

Thank you and blessings for all that you do! More than understandable to take a break! We will always be here for you, Brett, anyone who wants to help on the case! And of course, this is Shane's thread for love and support. No matter where he is, he will never be forgotten!

Peace,

Satch

That's totally understandable, Kenny. When things go quiet for a spell, it doesn't mean we've forgotten or stopped caring. As others have said, we're here for you when you need us, 24/7.

Hey Thanks everybody for understanding....I just had to take a break and RECHARGE MY BATTERY......I have sometime this week in the evenings...Gonna try and set up a meeting with the Westwego Fireman and see what he has to say....

Gosh, I hate to see Shane's thread go cold. He needs to be found, but what else is there to go on ? I keep thinking / feeling like we're missing something. :thinking: I just don't understand why JPSO won't release the information on the cell phone pings, they apparently are doing nothing to find him themselves, so should at least be more forthcoming with this information. Are they just unnecessarily, overly territorial, or are they're trying to cover something up for another reason. JMO

Still here for Shane and for you and your family, Kenny, how are you and family holding up ? Hang in there. :seeya:

I feel like this one is solvable! So often, the last known whereabouts are sketchy. Here, we know where he was just a FEW MINUTES before going missing, his phone was on for several days and people stopped and spoke to him! The answers are so close! I hope Kenny's tenacity leads him to answers! I hope that the years worth of time between the incident and Shane being gone calms any fears anyone has and opens their heart to compassion for giving this family information. Come on Shane! Show us the way!!

Wow! Sounds like these homeless people don't have it too bad...I mean they all obviously have a story. I would guess most feel like they were dealt a bad hand in life or have a habit others refuse to put up with. Either way they chose not to deal with their emotions. Which is really sad! Shane, I can tell, comes from a great family! I don't think he would consciously choose to convert to homelessness. Not for one second! However, we know Brett spoke to him and he was alive after his single car accident. I do believe he suffered a head injury. This is pretty much factual after looking at the pics of his vehicle, IMO, of course. Where he is and why he doesn't communicate has got to be because he doesn't remember, but then again...in our society, if someone appeared to be in need of medical attention, I feel someone wouldv'e made sure he go it. I know we have crime here, but people in this city come together like no other when the need is there. The culture is the glue that holds us together.

The cell phone information is key (I pray y'all get it)
and ANY cameras (traffic and otherwise) that you can get your hands on

Also, FWIW, could there be any students at Tulane or Loyola Law School that might be able to take this case on as a project?

I have a friend whose father chose to be homeless. He was a college-educated business man and inventor, married with 2 young daughters. One of his inventions took off, money flowed in and he took off, leaving the money and his family. He told his wife he was leaving. They never divorced and for 40 years he came and went, only stopping by for a day or 2. They'd get calls that he was sick in a shelter or hospital, as far as across the country, and they'd bring him home. He'd get better and off he'd go. And, get this...he was always covered by health insurance and life insurance by his school teacher wife. He was once held for 3 days for a psych evaluation and deemed fine mentally. He was not schizophrenic, psychotic, or depressed. He said he loved the life he chose. Anyway, he got sick a final time (in Virginia, I believe), and the wife was contacted. She, along with the 2 daughters (both grown by then), and his own sisters, flew there to say goodbye, and brought his body home for burial. My friend and her sister hated him but their mother did not. He was not running from the law, insane, or a monetarily dead-beat dad (though an absent one). This story has always been a curiosity for me as I've listened to it via my friend throughout the years - his comings and goings, and finally, his death.

Kenny, are there any things you or other family members can think of in Shane's background that, when added all together with the accident and fear of a DUI, might just have been "the straw that broke the camel's back" and possibly caused him to disappear of his own volition?

For example, bad relationship, overwhelming debts, job issues, prior depressions, etc.

Kenny, are there any things you or other family members can think of in Shane's background that, when added all together with the accident and fear of a DUI, might just have been "the straw that broke the camel's back" and possibly caused him to disappear of his own volition?

For example, bad relationship, overwhelming debts, job issues, prior depressions, etc.

This possible situation has occurred to me as well, silly. Maybe he panicked and intended to disappear for a short time, perhaps wasn't thinking ahead or not thinking clearly due to his possible injuries, but then just felt too embarrassed or humiliated to return afterward.
Or, disappeared for other reasons, such as fear of some person / persons, to the extent he is afraid even to contact family.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back