The Verdict Waiting Room

Status
Not open for further replies.
And that, I believe, is a big difference between men and women...Even though Todd Fuller QC is probably not a stereotypical example of conventional male good looks (a la Brad Pitt, Hugh Jackman, a younger Tom Cruise, whoever your favourite hot celebrity happens to be) - the women on this forum (and probably women everywhere who are following the trial) are falling in love with him in droves. The attraction is his obvious intelligence, the skill and passion with which he does his job, the fact that he is working hard to bring justice to one who can no longer speak up for herself, and the glimpse that we catch of his character and moral integrity as a result of this.

GBC, on the other hand, can (arguably) be classed as reasonably good looking - especially when slimmer and bearded - I noted in a previous post that in this state he bore a passing resemblance to Ben Affleck and this would be the actor of choice to play him in a movie. However, with what we have learned about him over the past 2 years - the nature of his alleged crimes, the conduct that he has displayed and what has come out in the trial from other people's statements - it would be a safe bet for me to state that most women here would find him repulsive.

Character, personality, intelligence and morals tend to be what women fall in love with. Most males I have observed (not all, I know it's wrong to generalise) tend to be attracted more to physical beauty. Just my opinion.

See now I think Tod Fuller has been absolutely amazing. Yes, he has been Allison's voice and he's done a fantastic job. I have been struck by his intelligence and skills in delivering such a compelling case with compassion. He certainly comes across as man with morals and dignity. All of that. But falling in love (or lust) with him? Nah, sorry. So no, women everywhere are not falling in love. Of course, someone with all those qualities would definitely be very attractive but I just don't get "it" from watching/reading about him in court. The physical attraction isn't there for me so I have been a bit mystified by the 'fawning' over him. Each to their own though.

See now I think Tod Fuller has been absolutely amazing. Yes, he has been Allison's voice and he's done a fantastic job. I have been struck by his intelligence and skills in delivering such a compelling case with compassion. He certainly comes across as man with morals and dignity. All of that. But falling in love (or lust) with him? Nah, sorry. So no, women everywhere are not falling in love. Of course, someone with all those qualities would definitely be very attractive but I just don't get "it" from watching/reading about him in court. The physical attraction isn't there for me so I have been a bit mystified by the 'fawning' over him. Each to their own though.

Just musing but he is the kind of man that Allison should have married.

Murder And Manslaughter

Chapter 28 Of The Criminal Code (Qld) Sets Out The Offences Relating To Homicide.
Unlawful Homicide is set out under section 300, which makes any person who unlawfully kills another guilty of a crime, which is either murder or manslaughter, according to the circumstances of the case. Section 291 and 293 set out what constitutes an unlawful killing. Once it is established that the killing is unlawful it can then either be classified as murder (defined in s302 and punished in s305) or manslaughter (defined in s303 and punished in s310).

Unlawful Killing
Section 291 makes it unlawful to kill any person, unless the killing is authorised or justified by law. Section 293 defines killing as ‘causing the death of another, directly or indirectly, by any means whatever’.

There must be a causal connection between the act by the accused and the death. In R v Pagett (1983) 76 Cr App R 279 it was held that the accused person’s act need not be the sole cause of the victim’s death, so long as it contributed significantly. An example of this is in Royall v R (1991) 172 CLR 378. Here the crown argued that the deceased died in one of three ways; the third was by jumping from the window to escape a well founded apprehension that she would be subjected to further violence from the accused. The High Court held that an act of self preservation, which caused the death, does not break this causal connection.

In R v Blaue 60 Cr App R 271 it was held that the death of the victim was caused by loss of blood as a result of the stab wounds inflicted by the defendant. The victim, due to her religion had refused a blood transfusion. The defendant was found to have killed the victim.

Murder
Section 302 sets out the circumstances which a person who unlawfully kills will be guilty of murder.

If the offender intends to kill or cause grievous bodily harm to the person killed or some other person;
If the death is caused by means of an act done in the prosecution of an unlawful purpose and the act is of a nature likely to endanger human life;
If the offender intends to do grievous bodily harm to some person for the purpose of facilitating the commission of a crime or for the purpose of facilitating the flight of an offender who has committed or attempted to commit such a crime. The crime must be such that the offender may be arrested without warrant;
If death is caused by administering any stupefying or overpowering thing for either of the purposes mentioned in paragraph (3);
If death is caused by wilfully stopping the breath of any person for either of the listed purposes.
In R v Moloney (1985) 81 Cr App R 93 it was held that the mental element in murder consists of an intention to kill or cause serious injury and not merely of foresight that death or serious injury will be a probable consequence of their act.

A person who is found guilty of murder, under section 305, is liable to life imprisonment or an indefinite sentence (Part 10 Penalties and Sentences Act 1992). Further, if the defendant is being sentenced on more than one conviction of murder, or another offence of murder is being taken into account the person may not be released from imprisonment until a minimum of 20 years has been served.

Manslaughter
Section 303 provides that a person who unlawfully kills another under such circumstances as not to constitute murder is guilty of manslaughter. A person who is guilty of Manslaughter under section 310 is liable to a maximum sentence of imprisonment for life.

http://www.awbrisbanelawyers.com.au/c-murder-manslaughter-homicide-criminal-lawyers-brisbane.html

So willfully stopping the breath constitutes murder... That's intent...

Lol what.....how was the trip dear?.....not bad Gerard got life but look at these exquisite shoes I picked up.......

That's what I was thinking..... lol

I think I'd be too worried to shop. Oh well, to each their own!

The other half says there looks a back way from Brookfield to Kholo Creek bridge bypassing Moggill Rd completely. It's a bush track but the Captiva is a 4wd right? It goes like Mill Rd then Centre Rd then Powerline Rd then wirrabara rd which joins Mt Crosby Rd just before the bridge. A way he could avoid being seen on the main rd if he knew about that path and if it's driveable. Does anyone know if it is? Would the car have needed cleaning after? Do you know if they looked into whether this route might have been used or the main road? (She wouldn't have walked that route by the way as apparently very hilly and it wouldn't be lit plus all the other evidence yadda yadda)

I'm with you Brightbird. Love his mind but that's all. No lusting from me.

I agree, I don't get it either - although I think he's done a wonderful job, definitely no crush on him here.

The other half says there looks a back way from Brookfield to Kholo Creek bridge bypassing Moggill Rd completely. It's a bush track but the Captiva is a 4wd right? It goes like Mill Rd then Centre Rd then Powerline Rd then wirrabara rd which joins Mt Crosby Rd just before the bridge. A way he could avoid being seen on the main rd if he knew about that path and if it's driveable. Does anyone know if it is? Would the car have needed cleaning after? Do you know if they looked into whether this route might have been used or the main road? (She wouldn't have walked that route by the way as apparently very hilly and it wouldn't be lit plus all the other evidence yadda yadda)

I've mentioned this route before Susan. Some of the locals said that there are quite a few creek crossings and probably wouldn't be a viable option even with a 4WD.

Just musing but he is the kind of man that Allison should have married.

Yes we wish. But woulda shoulda coulda (is that how it's spelled?) Allison didn't. A lot of women don't. At some point, Allison thought he was worth marrying. Not to do with your post, just my own musings now, but sometimes I feel terrible for Allison that her life with Gerard has been picked apart so much. Allison never knew him as her murderer, except maybe those last few minutes :( I'm sure Allison saw good qualities in him, and now we see those as lies, but I just feel awful for her. I'll bet she kept so much to herself about her suspicions of his real self, and she never would have imagined the public mockery he would become. Allison seemed like a very private woman. It breaks my heart that she died before being able to break free of his lies.

Are you conducting any further meet=ups with the Captiva?

I have a captiva also so I had a look at it to get ideas. I wondered if she had hit the metal clip and that caused bleeding :/ prob not though :(

Hi All.....Just wanting you all to know, ive been keeping up with it all and havent forgotten....Big Hugs to you all xx

I was there on Wednesday ! Booooo Hoooo why didn't I see you all? :tantrum:
Maybe next week there will be a chance depending on how long the jury take and what time the verdict comes in. I really enjoyed meeting kiwijayne, snails, Freya and Aunty. I had a lot in common with Aunty but everyone I met was nice. Depending on timing, I hope to be able to rush in when a verdict comes in, or soon after.

I'm still on tenterhooks about when that will be, about how far along in their deliberations they are at this point. My feeling is they are conflicted between murder and manslaughter but that might be wishful thinking on my part.

Maybe next week there will be a chance depending on how long the jury take and what time the verdict comes in. I really enjoyed meeting kiwijayne, snails, Freya and Aunty. I had a lot in common with Aunty but everyone I met was nice. Depending on timing, I hope to be able to rush in when a verdict comes in, or soon after.

I'm still on tenterhooks about when that will be, about how far along in their deliberations they are at this point. My feeling is they are conflicted between murder and manslaughter but that might be wishful thinking on my part.

It's so nice to hear that people are getting together, sharing in a common bond and strength for Allison and the Dickies.
Im delighted that Sleuther have met up. I wish I was there too.

I hope the weekend will give the Juror's time to settle in their minds with the evidence that they have.
I hope that time is beneficial for them and the case.
Maybe by Monday afternoon in their deliberations they will will come to a conclusion.

Agree. But most people look at looks straight away....even women.....you will notice that it was not until Mr Fuller really spoke for Allison and took GBC to task that he really became the "hunka hunka burning love" - said in my best Elvis drawl.....

And it was after we all saw quite a bit of GBC that he became as "ugly and evil-looking as a sackful of a#$@holes"

IF people are beautiful on the inside, it shines outward.....if they are ugly on the inside...it comes through as well.

I know a pair of identical twins and within 2 mths of meeting them and seeing them everyday at school I could tell them apart....one was lovely and one was a *****......the lovely one had soft features in her face and the other one was hard-nosed......and you could only see it once you got to know them....amazing.....
Slim and with beard (pic with checked shirt in car) I found GBC good looking, manly, but a bit scary too. When he was young (pic at wedding), I found him totally unattractive, unmanly and tedious. I think, Allison found him more attractive the longer she was married despite all the problems, of which she probably noticed only half. I imagine a terrible marriage, but maybe it was not sooo bad. He seems to have her always impressed of some sort. - Mr. Supergiant Todd isn't my yield schematic, if I still had one. On trial he has impressed very much, but how would he be as a husband/lover? That's a completely different thing. I leave Mr. Supertrooper to his wife and GBC to his lovely fellow inmates.

I still have questions to you members.
Why GBC should have clean shaved? Do you think of him being a real estate agent from August/September?????????????? I for my part hope not!!
Do you have an idea already, why police had a late interest on Allison's make up and moisture??? There has to be a reason, I think. Is that coming yet ....?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77