The Verdict Waiting Room #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gerard Baden-Clay trial: Jury yet to reach a verdict

The seven men and five women of the jury left Brisbane’s Supreme Court having not yet reached a verdict after deliberating for 12 hours.

The jury will return to the court on Monday as it has elected not to deliberate over the weekend.

It returned to the courtroom on Friday morning for the fourth time since it began deliberations on Thursday after one juror sent a written note to Justice John Byrne.

The juror requested Justice Byrne clarify how alleged lies told by Mr Baden-Clay could be interpreted to help determine his innocence or guilt.

Mr Baden-Clay has maintained three injuries that appeared on his right cheek on the morning he reported his wife Allison missing two years ago were shaving cuts, but four forensic experts told the trial the abrasions were more consistent with fingernail scratches.

“If you conclude that the accused lied because he realised that the truth would implicate him in the killing of his wife, you would need carefully also to consider whether the lie reveals a consciousness of guilt, merely with respect to manslaughter as distinct from also revealing an intention to kill or to cause grievous bodily harm,” he said.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...h-a-verdict-20140711-zt4tu.html#ixzz37OqEikdr

I'm pretty sure that Gerard , at no time , considered going down that dangerous and uncontrollable path of hinting at blonde tattooed blokes in vans... .. never crossed his mind, oddly.. He has never floated the idea of ye olde bearded stranger, menacingly hanging about Brookie, ominously approaching lone women on their morning walks..

Lets just say, as someone who lives in the area, nobody is worried about anyone going around and murdering women on walks.

wow I cannot believe a juror downloaded from the deliberation on how to come to a verdict; ie per article on brisbane7. Although the jurors were admonished; to me that is a tainted jury pool...should have been a mistrial. I hate to say this; but in the US it would hv been.

I found the live coverage from Indromum was quicker and more accurate than any news coverage

sunflowers.jpg

For Allison, the girls and the Dickie family xoxo

wow I cannot believe a juror downloaded from the deliberation on how to come to a verdict; ie per article on brisbane7. Although the jurors were admonished; to me that is a tainted jury pool...should have been a mistrial. I hate to say this; but in the US it would hv been.

and aren't we lucky we don't have some of that silly law here that they have

it was picked up before the jury began its deliberations.. by a sparky juror.. ... I find it hard to believe that an incident similar to this in the USA would produce a mistrial.. or anywhere else, for that matter.. it wasn't extreme, or prejudicial to the defendant

Luckily this is not in the US.

In the previous thread someone asked about if he is found guilty then what is the sentencing process. A date will be set for sentencing at least a week if not more later to enable time for submissions on sentencing to be prepared and also for Allison's family to prepare victim impact statements.

There are currently 121 users browsing this thread. (28 members and 93 guests) :lurk:

Elizabeth Tilley ‏@liztilley84 1m

Jury in trial of Gerard Baden-Clay has now been deliberating for 14 hours @SkyNewsAust #badenclay

So Squizzy, what was your magistrate's buddy's verdict that he expected to be done in half an hour. To me that is crazy as the jury would not have deliberated any evidence, only had time to get a cuppa and a court provided biscuit.

7News Brisbane ‏@7NewsBrisbane 1m

#7NewsQ is comprehensively covering the Gerard #BadenClay trial. @katrinablowers and @emmykubainski are at court. pic.twitter.com/dRIWu3EsyA

View attachment 54803

Good morning everyone, hope you had a nice weekend.

You know, I am just looking at this picture and the more I look the more I think that these 2 people do not look like they are/were a married couple. The just, for some reason, don't look compatible.
However the image does look like a victim Vs perpetrator picture

So Squizzy, what was your magistrate's buddy's verdict that he expected to be done in half an hour. To me that is crazy as the jury would not have deliberated any evidence, only had time to get a cuppa and a court provided biscuit.

ali
he thought from evidence given there was no doubt re murder and they would have considered it during the trial

In the previous thread someone asked about if he is found guilty then what is the sentencing process. A date will be set for sentencing at least a week if not more later to enable time for submissions on sentencing to be prepared and also for Allison's family to prepare victim impact statements.

I am convinced that Gerard will have a submission from a tame analyst , giving references as to the mitigation of sentence, or even which prison he will be sent to.. this psychiatrist will probably, as a standard , speak of how Gerard had a grim upbringing, his father beat him, his mother locked him in a cupboard and made him dress as a girl, he has suffered from undiagnosed depression for decades, his sibling rivalry, his strange fetish for peculiar jackets, his constant victimisation by everyone..

I look forward to that component..

Sky News Australia ‏@SkyNewsAust · 5m

Jury in trial of Gerard Baden-Clay has now been deliberating for 14 hours #badenclay (@liztilley84)

Katrina Blowers ‏@katrinablowers 33s

Also standing by for #badenclay verdict in Brookfield are @KayMcGrath7 and @Kim_Skubris7 . We'll have all angles covered. @7NewsBrisbane

Hmmmm....including the School, Channel 7?

I reckon the news crews are probably near the former GBC residence, which is near the Brookfield school - the tweeters have got themselves confused :crazy:

I reckon the news crews are probably near the former GBC residence, which is near the Brookfield school - the tweeters have got themselves confused :crazy:

Yes that could certainly be true. Not sure why they don't just reply to the people who've attacked them and say that they are NOT at the girls school.

I am convinced that Gerard will have a submission from a tame analyst , giving references as to the mitigation of sentence, or even which prison he will be sent to.. this psychiatrist will probably, as a standard , speak of how Gerard had a grim upbringing, his father beat him, his mother locked him in a cupboard and made him dress as a girl, he has suffered from undiagnosed depression for decades, his sibling rivalry, his strange fetish for peculiar jackets, his constant victimisation by everyone..

I look forward to that component..

BahaHA. ME. TOO.

In regards to EBC's coat maybe she can't afford to own more than, just my thoughts

Agree - even if you can afford more than one, why would you in Brisbane - you just don't get the wear out of them, maybe a few days a year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie