The Verdict Waiting Room #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I, for one, am glad that the jury is taking such a long time. I believe it shows that the verdict will be a carefully considered decision.

Based on the tweeting of testimony during the trial, I am conflicted about a guilty verdict. I am not sure that I am quite at "beyond reasonable doubt." I feel like that the prosecution's argument in the end was basically that Gerard was infatuated enough with Toni that he could commit murder in order to be with her. I would send GBC down in a heartbeat if the prosecution had argued that the main motivation was financial. But the conference as a catalyst…Toni's volatility…wiping the slate clean...meh. Todd Fuller lost me there.

I realise this type of view is quite unpopular on this forum…truth be told I'm relieved that it seems at least one juror appears to be more or less on the same page.

What is everyone thinking in regards to how long it will take for the jurors to come back with the verdict? I know we're all hoping for it today but how many of us think it will actually happen today?
Should we be nervous if it goes in to tomorrow and possibly even Wednesday? (IMO I don't think that is likely).

Justice for Allison ����

It's anyone's guess with murder trials FruitTingles. Some have taken mere hours while others go for days. Max Sica verdict arrived in just under four days. That was a circumstantial case also.

I think that TM would be mad not to give a paid interview - afterall, what's she got to lose? And yes, I too would watch it.

Never would I patronize TM or any branch of the media which sought to profit from Allison's death, her suffering and pain over four years

Never. I will boycott anything connected with TM regardless of which name she now hides beneath

Further, I will contact any organization or company which advertises in connection with any exploitation of Allison's suffering via the ex Toni McHugh, to tell them I will not only boycott their company/product -- I will go out of my way to influence anyone I meet against that company/product

<respectfully snipped> truth be told I'm relieved that it seems at least one juror appears to be more or less on the same page.

How could you possibly know that Minerva? Do you mean that the length of time they have been deliberating indicates to us that there is dissent?

Never would I patronize TM or any branch of the media which sought to profit from Allison's death, her suffering and pain over four years

Never. I will boycott anything connected with TM regardless of which name she now hides beneath

Further, I will contact any organization or company which advertises in connection with any exploitation of Allison's suffering via the ex Toni McHugh, to tell them I will not only boycott their company/product -- I will go out of my way to influence anyone I meet against that company/product

why did you hold back laser:laughing:

I'm on your team, LD10.

How could you possibly know that Minerva? Do you mean that the length of time they have been deliberating indicates to us that there is dissent?

poss , I am thinking more likely , confusion as to intent , that can be a bit ambiguous me thinks

Yayyyyyy absolutely agree with you. Thankyou

I, for one, am glad that the jury is taking such a long time. I believe it shows that the verdict will be a carefully considered decision.

Based on the tweeting of testimony during the trial, I am conflicted about a guilty verdict. I am not sure that I am quite at "beyond reasonable doubt." I feel like that the prosecution's argument in the end was basically that Gerard was infatuated enough with Toni that he could commit murder in order to be with her. I would send GBC down in a heartbeat if the prosecution had argued that the main motivation was financial. But the conference as a catalyst…Toni's volatility…wiping the slate clean...meh. Todd Fuller lost me there.

I realise this type of view is quite unpopular on this forum…truth be told I'm relieved that it seems at least one juror appears to be more or less on the same page.

I personally don't feel it as being unpopular, I don't share your views, but I do like that we have people posting from both opinions. It helps to keep it grounded IMO.

I don't know anything, of course. I only feel that if that if all 12 were as convinced of GBC's guilt as the majority of posters on this forum are, that we would have already heard a "guilty" verdict. I am assuming that there is either a very strong foreman who will not allow voting until all the evidence presented has been reviewed, or there is a discussion taking place whereby some jurors believe GBC is guilty and some are not so sure.

Based on the tweeting of testimony during the trial, I am conflicted about a guilty verdict. I am not sure that I am quite at "beyond reasonable doubt." I feel like that the prosecution's argument in the end was basically that Gerard was infatuated enough with Toni that he could commit murder in order to be with her. I would send GBC down in a heartbeat if the prosecution had argued that the main motivation was financial. But the conference as a catalyst&#8230;Toni's volatility&#8230;wiping the slate clean...meh. Todd Fuller lost me there.

I realise this type of view is quite unpopular on this forum&#8230;truth be told I'm relieved that it seems at least one juror appears to be more or less on the same page.

The Prosecution DOES NOT have to name or prove MOTIVE Minerva.

The Jury however are to see INTENT in the act to find the crime is Murder and decide Guilty.

If you cannot see Allison being being murdered, does that leave the only option left albeit she killed herself and hitched a posthumous ride to Kholo Bridge?

Nine News Brisbane &#8207;@9NewsBrisbane 1m

Stay up to date with the #BadenClay trial with @9NewsBrisbane and @TessaScott9 as the jury near a verdict. #9News pic.twitter.com/qIurdS6DC9

BseKkicCEAAi6CS.jpg

The Prosecution DOES NOT have to name or prove MOTIVE Minerva.

The Jury however are to see INTENT in the act to find the crime is Murder and decide Guilty.

If you cannot see Allison being being murdered, does that leave the only option left albeit she killed herself and hitched a posthumous ride to Kholo Bridge?

Yes of course, that is what I believe. :facepalm:

Folks any over the top speculation isn't allowed.

Disparaging comments directed at defense team/players in the case aren't allowed either.

Guilty or not guilty &#8212; jurors consider the evidence against Gerard Baden-Clay

It was close, it was personal, it was violent. What could have been in this man&#8217;s mind as he carried that out? His frustrations from his marriage? The double life? The risk to him of it all coming crashing down? Like he told Carmel Ritchie, he wanted to wipe the slate clean.&#8221;

http://www.news.com.au/national/gui...gerard-badenclay/story-fncynjr2-1226985488956

Ebony Cavallaro &#8207;@ebonycavallaro 1m

Bailiff walks down corridor & crowd hushes...still no word from jury #badenclay

Juror #1: OK everybody, it's pretty clear he did it and he meant to do it. Can we just wrap this thing up?
Juror #2: Yeah, I need to be gone by 4 today. Apparently Ridge and Taylor are getting back together on B&B.
Juror #3: What time's lunch again?
Juror #4: I hope there's some more of that cheesecake.
Juror #5: I don't know how many times I've told that bailiff I'm lactose intolerant.
Juror #6: I dunno, I was pretty convinced by the suicide theory. I've always wanted a boy.
Juror #7: No way! Boys are such hard work.
Juror #8: Maybe, but they totally adore their mothers.
Juror #9: Gem Dazzle is a REALLY GOOD GAME.
Juror #10: Did anyone go to the Reds game at the weekend? Are we even allowed?
Juror #11: Oh, come on! Let's get this show on the road.
Juror #12: Oh, bloody hell.
Juror #11: What?!
Juror #12: Stupid wifi just dropped out...again...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GravityHurts