The Verdict Waiting Room #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
While we're waiting - this new movie looks interesting. Ben Affleck plays a guy suspected by all the US of killing his wife - here's the trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=trueview-instream&v=rOQG311cr80

Hahaha...I thought Ben A would be a good choice to play GBC if the matter was ever turned into a movie...

1397564754_gone-girl-zoom.jpg

Looks like the actress they chose to play the wife has reddish/blonde hair like a glammed-up version of Allison...

(Source of picture: Google Images)

Baby was born around 8.55am and after the checking over, shower etc a nurse came and told me I could go home at 12.30pm. I said 'No way', as I was going to have my 4 days "rest and recreation' away from the rest of the tribe and housework, which is what I did. I told my doctor when he finally arrived that he was a fibber as he put himself down as 'witness' on the birth registration, when I was the only witness. Was an interesting day.

Wow KG1. What an experience. I agree, for my last baby I was not going home until they kicked me out or my health insurance stopped paying. Funny, my hubby kept saying you are doing so well, are you coming home soon. I kept saying nup!

On the subject of labour, this video is currently doing the rounds and has been on various news sites. A husband used a go-pro camera to film their drive to the hospital, but the labour progressed very quickly and.....well you can watch it and see what happens!! Sounds almost exactly like your experience KG1!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pi-y_uXZu1E

I can't help wondering if there are a whole bunch of prisoners thinking NOOOOOO, don't bring that bore back here.

ha,ha- not sure how old the little one is now- but what a story you have to tell of their arrival! I love your comment that there was no way you were going home then without your rest from the housework etc. Funny the only way to get a break!

It's a very strange thing: (An interesting scientific phenomena)
I have noticed that most ladies despite their age can remember intricate details of the birth of each child; and that memory remains forever.
Where and how it happened. What the doctor said, what the nurse said. What others said at that time. Details of the birth itself.
Ask that same lady what she for lunch yesterday, and she would probably give you a blank look!
Such a deeply spiritual and sacred matter when a human life enters this world.

BBM
Thanks Alioop, I thought I read that the other day too, but hubby and I were surprised. Is that recent thing. So a conviction of murder, regardless of circumstances is automatic life?

Yes automatic life but can apply for parole after the minimum non parole period of 15 yrs. Parole is then up to the parole board and is discretionary. Convicted murderers find it hard to get parole not surprisingly. Not long after Allison was killed, the current qld Government increased the minimum non parole period to 20 years. There are longer non parole periods for murdering a police office or more than one person. Eg Max Sica got life with a minimum 35 years non parole period for murdering his 3 victims including 2 children.

My nephew was born in an ambulance on the side of the road. His Mum thought she had plenty of time given her first took forever to be born and she was just cruising along doing things around the house. We convinced her to call an ambulance, she did reluctantly. The Paramedic could see the baby's head bulging in her knickers. She told him she'd cross her legs until she got to the hospital but they pulled over and delivered him right then and there.

Wow KG1. What an experience. I agree, for my last baby I was not going home until they kicked me out or my health insurance stopped paying. Funny, my hubby kept saying you are doing so well, are you coming home soon. I kept saying nup!

if you have a C-section you'll get a week in hospital, no questions asked - unfortunately you'll feel lousy! Personal experience...

Could someone please give me a holler when the verdict comes out.
I have a bunch of starving cattle to feed. They have been waiting sooo patiently.
My phone number is 000
Oops sorry, wrong number. I got a bit carried away in anticipation.

wonder if he has told the inmates he "just wanted sex " oo ah

The 2 years already served will come off the non parole period in a murder verdict as it is mandatory life sentence with minimum of 15 yr non parole.
A manslaughter verdict will depend on the discretionary sentence ( max life) but time already served will be likely be deducted from the specific term he is sentenced to by the judge.

Technically, either a murder or manslaughter verdict can result in the same sentence, though in reality he is likely to get a fixed term of imprisonment less than 15 years.

What happens if you're found innocent? Is there any compensation?

Otherwise with the 2 years coming off the sentence if you're convicted it's like you've served 2 years even if you're innocent (which I don't believe he is in this case though).

if you have a C-section you'll get a week in hospital, no questions asked - unfortunately you'll feel lousy! Personal experience...

I had a C-section for my 2nd - and actually felt fantastic. However I wasn't going to say a word. I milked it for a good 10 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23