***GUILTY***The Verdict Waiting Room #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am wondering if these current affair shows hedged their bets and also interviewed the Clay clan. It would make sense of their demeanour and smiley faces during the trial. I am wondering if they can do this, and then only pay the one who goes to air. Does anyone know the answer, or is this off topic?

I don't know about Australia, but the entertainment industry in the States can do whatever they want!

2:01pm Summary: After 21 days in the Brisbane Supreme Court, Gerard Baden-Clay has been found guilty of murdering his wife Allison.

He has been sentenced to life in prison.

Justice John Byrne said: "This court denounces your lethal violence.''

The court heard victim impact statements from Allison's mother Priscilla Dickie, father Geoff Dickie, sister Vanessa Fowler and brother Ashley.

Gerard Baden-Clay's family will not make a statement to the media, according to defence lawyer Peter Shields.

1:52pm: Defence lawyer Peter Shields said Gerard Baden-Clay's family was distraught.

But he would not comment on whether he would appeal the conviction.

Baden-Clay's family would not make a public statement and appealed for privacy.

1:44pm: One of Gerard Baden-Clay's legal team has spoken to the media outside the Brisbane Supreme Court where his client has been convicted of murder.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...the-verdict-20140715-3by69.html#ixzz37VXqEq3m

I'm sorry, but why the heck should the BCs be granted any privacy now? The BC Clan allowed Allison's privacy to be dragged through the slime by GBC without a word. They didn't help search for her, never offered a word of support for their daught-in-law, never gave the Dickies so much as a hug: they simply didn't care - as long as the famous BC 'name' came out unscathed. Oh...and OW, where oh where is this supposed 'truth' that would come out? My heart bleeds for the Dickie family and Allison's three beautiful girls.

And...Toni's tell-all on 60 minutes? Hell hath no fury....

The Murderer's decision to play dumb through the 'missing' period, the lies and deception through the course of the investigation, the trolling of Allisons character in the court and the refusal to man up and admit what he had done - all of this - will be the reason that 15 years will come and go without making any difference to him. He will not be leaving prison, that I am almost certain of. Had there been some genuine remorse, I would likely feel differently, but he went down fighting the truth with the help of his family, ignoring any honour and dignity for Allison, and for that he will pay.

I didn't know this:

While inside prison, he also secretly sold off a Gold Coast property he and his wife jointly owned in the months after he had been charged with murder.

Baden-Clay wrote to the Australian Securities and Investments Commission from the Arthur Gorrie Correctional Centre advising his wife was no longer alive, which would make him the sole director and secretary of the business.

His wife's grieving parents only found out the house was up for sale because they lived next door, and were then forced to apply for control of Allison's estate in the Supreme court of Queensland.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-children-assets-left-her.html#ixzz37VlgjV5F

havent said much for a oooong time, but have kept an eye out.

Brilliant stuff today, True justice.

Great work by the police, the media, the legal tam and most of all the mad crazy bunch on Websleuths, you guys were totally awesome.

Respect and massive hugs to all.

Oh, Lord. I see they even did the cheesy, cliched shots of TM walking along the beach :facepalm:

Pfffft - well there goes any hope I had that her story may actually be 'helpful' to anyone but herself.

And the prosecution team wandered off into the sunset with a knowing smile of a job well done. No fanfare, just the quiet satisfaction of a tremendous task undertaken and completed with aplomb

:seeya:

I don't know about Australia, but the entertainment industry in the States can do whatever they want!

They can do so here now as the sub-judice period is all over and done as at sentencing!

I am loathe to point the finger at Toni ... I can't believe that her behaviour pushed GBC into it. I believe this was premeditated and he saw Allison as expendable and a monetary figure that could get his life out of hock and up to the standard he falsely believed it should be at, rather than a real person. His sociopathic mentality towards Allison and his children is what caused it imo.

I am intrigued at the inside pictures of their house. It's not the fabulous house inside that GBC believed he deserved. Allison was his meal ticket out of it.

Now he's got his meals all sorted for the next 15+ years.

oh yes. If it wasn't her, it would have been another. Not saying she is not without guilt with her part in the affair. But in terms of her behaviour being the catalyst for GBC murdering his wife..no.. that was all his choice and probably would have been on the cards whether Toni was in the picture or someone else. He is deplorable person.

I could be Allison. So many similarities. My ex is just like GBC, the theft from employers etc too. I was terrified. I am and always will be grateful to my friends and family who hid me away and ran interference for me. They were prepared to risk their own lives to protect me and my children. He stalked them, harassed them, involved the police and courts trying to find me. The police and courts couldn't protect me, my family and friends did.

Baden-Clay weeps over children's pain

Gerard Baden-Clay wept and trembled as the mother of his murdered wife told him exactly what he'd stolen from his three young daughters.

The 43-year-old showed little emotion in the Brisbane Supreme Court as he was convicted of murdering his wife Allison in April 2012.

But his composure crumbled when Allison's mother seized her moment to tell him just what he'd taken from his own children.

"To have mummy put them to bed one night and wake up the next morning to be told that mummy is missing - what a situation to face," Priscilla Dickie told him.

"The girls will never see their mother again, not just now but for ever and ever.

"They've been condemned to a life sentence without the love and companionship only a mother can give.

Allison's father Geoff Dickie stared down his daughter's killer when it was his turn to speak

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national...ntinue-in-baden-clay-case#2HbR8Q4L8uxvYRpF.99

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashley_erin