***GUILTY***The Verdict Waiting Room #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
These interviews and scoops that will be all over the TV really confuse me.

Why would these women put themselves out there like this.

"Yep, I was the one that loved him"

"Yep, I was keen on having a relationship with him though I only slept with him once"

I mean, wouldn't you be more interested in trying to keep a lid on this info.
If anything I'd be trying to stop this stuff airing, not agreeing to be part of it. (assuming I was a woman, of course, and one with few morals)

I'll be torn as to whether to tune in and watch.
Maybe its better just to be thankful the right decision was made, and send love to those affected.

I don't understand people like this. You'd think they'd be slinking away with tails between legs. It seems like bragging to me when there's nothing to brag about. Is it just arrogance?

Thanks Kimster. I personally have made some great friends - some in person - others I've kept up corresponding with for over 2 years. And when my partner of 23 years left in early June 2012, it was WS that kept me sane. Thanks everyone and thanks to the wonderful lady who in death brought us all together. RIP Allison.

One day I'd like to publish a booklet of funny kids quotes and donate the money to the fund for Allison's girls. Anyone got any funny things their kids have said, please let me know. I don't want ones published elsewhere. Just true, funny things kids say.

MY son once drew a picture f our family tree, and off me he drew a scribbled picture and wrote JC next to it, the asked what it was and he said " thats my mums best friend" the teacher responded " that is so sweet your mums best friend is Jesus Christ" and he said " no, its Jacobs Creek "

These interviews and scoops that will be all over the TV really confuse me.

Why would these women put themselves out there like this.

"Yep, I was the one that loved him"

"Yep, I was keen on having a relationship with him though I only slept with him once"

I mean, wouldn't you be more interested in trying to keep a lid on this info.
If anything I'd be trying to stop this stuff airing, not agreeing to be part of it. (assuming I was a woman, of course, and one with few morals)

I'll be torn as to whether to tune in and watch.
Maybe its better just to be thankful the right decision was made, and send love to those affected.

maybe now they are unemployable, or almost so, and after all one needs to put food on the table?

just come on news that in 10th day of trial defence went to judge to have charge downgraded to unlawful killing , judge wouldn't have anything to do with it

MY son once drew a picture f our family tree, and off me he drew a scribbled picture and wrote JC next to it, the asked what it was and he said " thats my mums best friend" the teacher responded " that is so sweet your mums best friend is Jesus Christ" and he said " no, its Jacobs Creek "

Bahahahahaha! I hope it was in Sunday School. :hilarious:

so funny mine is bundy

It all looked rather wistful didn't it? Reminded me of a tampon ad.

Now now, tampons have a use in life, where as this person and its story does not, reminded me of a complete desperate loner left to rot in the eyes of the world for the selfish desperate attempt to ruin a famil for her own selfish needs, if only she and GBC had buggered off together instead of causing the destruction they did, she could not of been much chop of a agent, seeing most agents earn a good income, even if they do it telling lies to everyone

And the prosecution team wandered off into the sunset with a knowing smile of a job well done. No fanfare, just the quiet satisfaction of a tremendous task undertaken and completed with aplomb

:seeya:

and the slugs slid off to find the nearest rock they could hide under only to find it was full of caterpillars

The Baden-Clays’ three young daughters remain in the primary care of their maternal grandparents, Priscilla and Geoff Dickie.

At the start of the trial, the Dickies made a single request of the media: “We hope you can imagine the ongoing impact of these events on our granddaughters – it has been devastating and will be long lasting.’’

“Our primary concern remains their emotional and physical wellbeing. We are trying to help them rebuild their lives and ask for your support and cooperation in this.”

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...y-of-murder-20140715-zszof.html#ixzz37W67Le2R

"Then you put in place and assisted in a deception plan. You used a razor to cut yourself near where she had scratched you.

just come on news that in 10th day of trial defence went to judge to have charge downgraded to unlawful killing , judge wouldn't have anything to do with it

Absolutely disgusting!
good riddance he got what he deserved

I love Allison's younger brothers impact statement - short but packed a punch.

"I know you did it, you know you did it” and whatever time he spent in jail would not be enough.

what is the difference? It sounds like manslaughter? Alioop? Isn't all killing unlawful??

Cattail

It's a known fact that incarcerated narcissists attempt suicide.

Look at me!!! Feel sorry for meeeeeee!!

Maybe they were approached by the media and given the option: give us your story or we'll write it for you?

Oh I have no doubt they were approached.
Some of those programs have been smelling ratings from this for awhile now.
But right there, Sorry No comment. Walk away and hope you can get your life back together without this ugly episode hanging off you

If 60 minutes has done this right, it could be a wake up call to people who are involved with someone like GBC.

I'm torn about whether to watch, I'd like to believe that they could actually help others out there, but after seeing the ads I don't see much chance of that happening.

I watched the promo, and I agree.
All the information that can help others avoid similar fate is already in books, newspapers, oh and on Websleuths :smile:

I don't understand people like this. You'd think they'd be slinking away with tails between legs. It seems like bragging to me when there's nothing to brag about. Is it just arrogance?

Exactly.
Perhaps not bragging, but maybe there is some level of need to put their own story across.
(Or they are suckers for punishment and now that it seems to be all over, they need to drag their own involvement out)

maybe now they are unemployable, or almost so, and after all one needs to put food on the table?

I can't see why the would be unemployable.
They might not be on the top of the pile any more, but thats drawing a bit of a long bow in my opinion as to why they need to star on 60 minutes.
I am not in any way trying to be offensive with that but there's other ways to earn money.
In fact I thought this TM was already working elsewhere.

How can people be (rightfully) saddened that Allison's voice could not be heard during this whole ordeal, turn around then berate someone under the same mans deceit for wanting to voice their story? I don't understand.

For all I know Toni is another victim of Gerard's corrupt plans, and that she truly loved him under the impression there was a legitimate future. Now all she is left with is her name and face all over the news, and getting thrown under the bus down to Gerard's level.

“A father’s duty is to protect and care for his daughter … I failed in that duty to my daughter and I will have to live that for the rest of my life,” he said.

No way Mr Dickie- you are of good character. You were up against a monster.
My heart bleeds that you feel this way.

Todays Tweet & MSM Collection from Websleuths - posted in order of appearance.

Page 1 of 3
----------------------

DAY 20 BADEN-CLAY TRIAL – VERDICT GUILTY - WEBSLEUTHS THREAD COLLECTION – TWEETS
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?250035-***GUILTY***The-Verdict-Waiting-Room-3

In order of postings on WS by the Websleuth Re-Tweet Team – Team FREYA1977, AMEE, MARLYWINGS, Dr Sleuth

MSM TWEETERS
Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou
Katrina Blowers ‏@katrinablowers
David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD
@francenenorton
TimArvier ‏@TimArvier9
Ashleigh Gillon ‏@ash_gillon
#BadenClay #9News
UK Daily Mail
Courier Mail
Brisbane Times
Sarah Elks ‏@sarahelks
@emmykubainski
@APNNewsdesk
@9NewsBrisbane
Sarah Elks ‏@sarahelks
Nine News Australia ‏@9NewsAUS
@9NewsBrisbane
Ebony Cavallaro ‏@ebonycavallaro
Jamie McKinnell ‏@jamie86
#Badenclay @NewsTalk4BC
news.com.au ‏@newscomauHQ
Ten News Adelaide ‏@TenNewsADEL
@ACurrentAffair9
Leisa Goddard ‏@LeisaGoddard
Michael Coombes ‏@MichaelCoombes
@TripleMBrisbane
Leonie Mellor ‏@leoniemellor
Sarah Greenhalgh ‏@GreenhalghSarah
Lui William Zachër ‏@luifromtheradio
Michael Kersnovske ‏@MKersnovske
Sky News Australia ‏@SkyNewsAust
SBS News ‏@SBSNews
Lesa Handford ‏@lesahandford9
Brooke Baskin ‏@brookebaskin
Miriam Hall ‏@Miriam_Hall 35s
Tessa Scott ‏@TessaScott9 47s
Nine News Gold Coast ‏@9NewsGoldCoast
Louisa Rebgetz ‏@louisarebgetz 53s
Chris Allen ‏@callen9

DAY 20 COMMENCES

• Day 21 at Gerard Baden-Clay's murder trial. We're entering a fourth day of jury deliberations. He's pleaded not guilty. #badenclay
• The #badenclay jury is heading into 4th day of deliberations. Committed group of supporters are waiting by court room @9NewsBrisbane
• We're in place again for a fourth day of deliberations in the Baden-Clay trial. @couriermail
• Back in #badenclay Day 21 of trial. Jury into 4th day of deliberations. @francenenorton about to cross live @ABCNews24 with latest. @abcnews
----------
Jurors in Gerard #BadenClay's murder trial will resume deliberations for a fourth day in #Brisbane today http://yhoo.it/WdEURA
----------
• Verdict to be delivered in #badenclay
• Apparently we have a verdict. #badenclay
• #badenclay jury has reached verdict. Expected to be heard in next 30 mins @9NewsBrisbane
• Allison's family lining up to go into court to hear verdict. Some in tears #badenclay
• Hearing a jury has reached a verdict in #badenclay and is due in court in 30 minutes.
• Hearing there is a verdict in #badenclay trial. Turn on 9 for the latest @9NewsBrisbane @9NewsAUS
----------
Gerard Baden-Clay's parents entering court for verdict. #badenclay @abcnews pic.twitter.com/GAk0vMTt9j
----------
• We hear there's a verdict in the #badenclay trial. Court is reconvening in around 30 minutes. Stay tuned.@7NewsBrisbane
• Family members lining up outside court, some very emotional #badenclay @tennewsqld
• Alison Baden-clays family emotional as it appears verdict soon #badenclay #ACA9
• Verdict due to be delivered in 30 minutes #badenclay
• Family members lining up outside court, some very emotional #badenclay
• Gerard #badenclay family have arrived to courtroom 11, level 5 in anticipation of verdict. @abcnews
• Verdict imminent in #BadenClay trial. Updates here: http://bit.ly/1mDZ8gZ
• Jury in the murder trial of Gerard Baden-Clay's reached a verdict - court to resume in 30mins. #newsroom #badenclay
• There is a lot of emotion here already outside court 11. Friends and family of Allison openly crying. Lawyers have now arrived #badenclay
• @francenenorton will bring you the verdict as soon as we hear. Crown Pros Todd Fuller has just arrived at crtrm. #badenclay @abcnews
• Jury has reached a verdict in #badenclay murder trial. Court will resume about 20 mins.
• Families, detectives, media waiting to enter court 11 for the #badenclay verdict
• Detectives from the #badenclay case are lining yup as well to hear verdict. The Baden-Clay family has also arrived.
• Allison's family and friends very emotional at the news of a verdict. #badenclay
• Big hugs and tears as Kerryanne Walker, Allison's best friend, arrives. #badenclay @abcnews
• Hear the verdict first in #badenclay trial. Turn on Nine News now for the best live coverage.
• We have seen friends of Allison and Gerard #badenclay's Defence team walk into court ahead of verdict @9NewsBrisbane
• Large crowd of family, friends, supporters and media outside Courtroom 11 in anticipation of an imminent verdict. #badenclay
• #badenclay defence team has just arrived @tennewsqld
• It is Day 21 of the trial, the jury has been deliberating for more than 22 hours. #badenclay
• The officer who arrested Gerard #badenclay is also outside the courtroom awaiting the verdict with other police. @7NewsBrisbane
• Court officials trying to work out how many people will be allowed into court room to hear verdict #badenclay
• Verdict will be delivered at 11.45am we believe @9NewsAUS @9NewsBrisbane #badenclay
• Defence team of Michael Byrne and Peter Shields have just arrived. Lots of tears from Allison's family outside crtrm #badenclay @abcnews
• People waiting outside court to hear verdict in #BadenClay trial. Tears and emotion outside court.
• Defence lawyers have entered the court #badenclay
• Both Defence and Crown lawyers are now inside courtroom as queue grows outside. #badenclay
• Allison's dad Geoff Dickie is with detectives, ready to go into court #badenclay
• Almost 21 hours of deliberation across four days #badenclay
• A lot of tension outside court 11 as people line up for a seat to hear verdict. Allison's friends look anxious #badenclay
• Allison's older sister Vanessa and best friend Kerry-Anne Walker outside court #badenclay
• Priscilla and Geoff Dickie, Allison's parents, have just arrived. Big hugs. @abcnews #badenclay
• Crowd growing outside courtroom. Family, friends, detectives, supporters. Crown & defence have gone in @tennewsqld #badenclay
• Allison #badenclay 's parents Geoff and Priscilla have arrived at court for the verdict. They are wearing yellow. @7NewsBrisbane
• Allison's parents Priscilla and Geoff and sister Vanessa now ready to go into court together #badenclay
• The jury retired at 11.10am on Thursday and received five redirections. #badenclay
• #BadenClay's defence barrister Micharl Byrne has arrived at court. Tunei nto #7NewsQ for our live coverage
• Best friend Kerry-Anne was overseas, got back this morning, emotional outside court #badenclay
• Allison Baden-Clay's parents are in court and wearing yellow, which was Allison's favourite colour.
• We have been told 10-15 mins before we will be allowed in courtroom #badenclay #verdict
• Jury in the trial of Gerard #BadenClay deliberated for 21 hours before notifying Justice John Byrne it had a verdict at 11am @couriermail
• Detectives here from Indooroopilly CIB, homicide #badenclay
• We have been told 10-15 mins before we will be allowed in courtroom #badenclay #verdict”
• Best friend Kerry-Anne was overseas, got back this morning, emotional outside court #badenclay
• Nobody is in the courtroom as yet. Still waiting outside. #badenclay
• Allison's friends are putting yellow ribbons on. It was her favourite colour #badenclay
• Seats are being assigned for #badenclay court, no one has been let inside yet @ACurrentAffair9
• Yellow, numbered cards about to be handed out to get into Court 11 for the verdict #badenclay
----------
Jury in Gerard Baden-Clay's murder trial reach a verdict, court to reconvene in 5 minutes http://bit.ly/U5K7c1 #badenclay
----------
• Allison's friends and family have put on yellow ribbons for court for the first time #badenclay
• There's a lot of emotion, hugging and tears outside the courtroom as family/supporters await the #badenclay verdict. Courtroom yet to open.
• Detectives and Alison Baden clays family all wearing yellow ribbons. Alison's favourite colour #badenclay #ACA 9
• Still not in the courtroom. Stand by. #badenclay
• Two overflow courtrooms set up for those that can't get inside courtroom 11. Verdict expected soon
• 2 overflow courts + large ceremonial court will be open for verdict #badenclayLeonie
• Spectators being redirected to overflow crtrms. 17 and Banco. @abcnews #badenclay
• The #badenclay family remain shut away in a meeting room. Allison's family, supporters and police outside court waiting for doors to open.
• 2 overflow courts + large ceremonial court will be open for verdict #badenclay
----------
Memorial to Allison #badenclay at the place her body was found. I'm live into verdict coverage. @michaelbesty pic.twitter.com/XfqbWDB3Zu
----------
• Allison Baden-Clay's family and friends have donned yellow scarves and ribbons, in memory of her favourite colour #badenclay @brisbanetimes
• A sea of scarves & ribbons in Allison's favourite colour, yellow, outside court as family and friends await verdict #badenclay
----------
https://twitter.com/CJHonnery/status...042048/photo/1 ----------
• Additional uniformed police have also arrived outside court #badenclay #verdict
• Extra police and security have now arrived #badenclay
• The public can watch the verdict from two overflowing courts or the large ceremonial court known as the banco court. #BadenClay
• Family will go into court first #badenclay
• #badenclay family about to enter court ahead of Jury verdict. #BREAKING
• Set Supt Mark Ainsworth, who oversaw the #badenclay investigation, is here wearing a yellow tie.
• #badenclay family and friends and some detectives have been let into court. @abcnews
• People starting to go into court. Detectives taking their seats. #badenclay
• The family of Gerard #badenclay has entered the courtroom.
• Judge is making his way from another trial, police entering court #badenclay
• The Dickies, Baden-Clays and some of the detectives have gone into court #badenclay
• Mr and Mrs Dickie also ate now in the courtroom. Family friends, media and spectators queuing outside. @abcnews #badenclay
• Very quiet out here as people wait to be let in. Detectives and immediate family only inside at the moment. #badenclay
----------
#badenclay verdict - Allison's family and police in courtroom | #livestream #7News HERE - http://yhoo.it/1mc6jrK pic.twitter.com/cCr5HJFDkB
----------
• Only 12 media representatives allowed access to Crtrm as verdict handed down. Will bring you decision and reaction. @abcnews #badenclay
• Two overflow courtrooms are open for those who won't fit inside court 11. #badenclay
• A dozen extra seats placed in court for media #badenclay
• And we're in, ready for the verdict #badenclay
• I'm now in the courtroom folks. Sitting in media area in front of Allison's parents #badenclay
• #Badenclay not yet in the dock @newstalk4bc
• Gerard's parents Elaine and Nigel, brother Adam and sister Olivia are seated in the front row behind the dock #badenclay
• oooh Websleuths just got mentioned on t.v yahoo 7
• Chanel 7 just mentioned us
• WS just got a mention on Channel 7 saying hundreds of threads with daily updates and views!
• On channel 7 news they are mentioning the huge interest around on the world and mentioned Websleuths!
• Detectives wearing yellow ribbons #badenclay
• Allison's family seated on the other side of the court #badenclay
• Allison's friends and family have filled one side of the courtroom. Gerard's family have taken their usual seats in the front. #badenclay
• We're in place in courtroom 11. To say it's crowded is an understatement. Extra chairs for media, police standing. #badenclay
• Allison's parents sitting quietly in court. Priscilla Dickie has a tissue in hand. Geoff's eyes red-rimmed #badenclay
• Prosecutor Todd Fuller and legal counsel in place. #badenclay
• Gerard #badenclay shakes hand of lawyer. He is wearing a yellow tie
• Gerard Baden-Clay led into dock. Gold tie, dark suit. #badenclay
• Gerard is wearing a black suit with a yellow striped tie. #badenclay
• Deep breath from Gerard as he sits down. Dark suit, checked shirt, yellow tie #badenclay
• Standing room only for detectives at the back of the court #badenclay
• Stone silence in court as we wait for judge & jury #badenclay
• Gerard sitting up straight, head up, looking forwards #badenclay
• #badenclay is sitting in dock staring straight ahead, hands clasped together. Judge yet to enter
• Prosecutor Todd Fuller, defence barrister Michael Byrne QC, defence solicitor Peter Shields seated #badenclay
• Courtroom is totally silent waiting for judge and jury. #badenclay
• Gerard #badenclay sitting quietly in dock, hands clasped in lap. Family sitting behind him. @abcnews
• Gerard #badenclay's parents are holding hands. The tension in here is incredible #badenclay
• Gerard Baden-Clay is in the dock taking deep breaths & staring straight ahead. Waiting for judge to arrive.
• Silence in court as we wait for the jury #badenclay
• Judge has arrived in the courtroom #newsroom #badenclay
• The #badenclay Jury is entering the Courtroom to deliver their verdict. LIVE coverage
• The jury is being brought into court. Stand by for a verdict. #badenclay
• guilty #badenclay
• Screams erupt in courtroom from Allison Baden-Clay's family. Cheers of "yes" #badenclay
• Gerard Baden-Clay guilty of murder #verdict #court #badenclay #qld
----------
Breaking: Jury finds Gerard Baden-Clay guilty of the 2012 murder of his wife Allison. #badenclay http://ow.ly/z9U1J
----------

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member