***GUILTY***The Verdict Waiting Room #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if he ever truly thought that he would get away with it???

According to that report just on ACA, he had told security guards at the court that he was going home so yes, I think he really did believe he'd get away with it.

Ummm? Not trying to be rude, but what happened to Toni's face? Still catching up.....

She has put on weight, Gerard wouldn't of liked that, she would of soon been going for long walks under bridges at night too putting on weight, we all know he didnt like Allison putting on weight, how the fickle fall fast

I honestly believe he did . Just the right blend of arrogance and stupidity.

I think so too royster. I feel that because he seemed to get away with all his financial misdemeanors and his affairs and his parents bailing him, that the world actually owed him and that the justice system would not mind too much. I think he really thought he was something special and that people considered him on all levels a completely honest truthful and believable character. :(

Sorry if I missed this - but by law how often do the girls need to visit GBC. I didn't realise they were visiting him ( by law) until today - makes me feel upset for them.

From what I heard in MSM media this afternoon he has to apply to the Family Court if he would like to see his daughters. That is his right by law as their father, as apparently "every father has a right to a meaningful relationship with his children" whether he's in jail or not. Then if the children say they don't want to go, the court will determine whether they are mature enough to make that decision for themselves. :(

He believed he was smarter than everyone else. He'd deceived many people for many years and got away with it. It would come as a shock to him that not everyone is so easily misled.

He believed he was smarter than everyone else. He'd deceived many people for many years and got away with it. It would come as a shock to him that not everyone is so easily misled.

The ultimate conman, but he couldn't fool the jury.

https://www.legislation.qld.gov.au/LEGISLTN/CURRENT/C/CriminCode.pdf

Starting at Page 103....

Current as at 1 July 2014

Schedule 1 The Criminal Code - Part 3 - Offences against the administration of law and justice, against office and against
public authority
Chapter 16 Offences relating to the administration of justice

Perjury

(1) Any person who in any judicial proceeding, or for the purpose
of instituting any judicial proceeding, knowingly gives false
testimony touching any matter which is material to any
question then depending in that proceeding, or intended to be
raised in that proceeding, is guilty of a crime, which is called
perjury.

(2) It is immaterial whether the testimony is given on oath or
under any other sanction authorised by law.

(3) The forms and ceremonies used in administering the oath or in
otherwise binding the person giving the testimony to speak
the truth are immaterial, if the person assents to the forms and
ceremonies actually used.

(4) It is immaterial whether the false testimony is given orally or
in writing.

(5) It is immaterial whether the court or tribunal is properly
constituted, or is held in the proper place, or not, if it actually
acts as a court or tribunal in the proceeding in which the
testimony is given.[s 123A]

(6) It is immaterial whether the person who gives the testimony is
a competent witness or not, or whether the testimony is
admissible in the proceeding or not.

(7) The offender can not be arrested without warrant.

Continues with other definitions...

123A Perjury—contradictory statements . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 104
124 Punishment of perjury . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 104
125 Evidence on charge of perjury . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ... . 104
126 Fabricating evidence . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . 105
127 Corruption of witnesses . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 105
128 Deceiving witnesses. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 106

I think so too royster. I feel that because he seemed to get away with all his financial misdemeanors and his affairs and his parents bailing him, that the world actually owed him and that the justice system would not mind too much. I think he really thought he was something special and that people considered him on all levels a completely honest truthful and believable character. :(

Willough, firstly nice to see you back :)
He lived in his "Gerard bubble" and thought he was untouchable.
I bet he hopes he is " untouchable" in prison lol.
Allison's sisters words , that today was the first time Allison came out on top, really spoke volumes to me of how this man conducted himself during their marriage. May she RIP.

ACA tonight.Before verdict. GBC was telling security staff , that he will be going home soon.
He really thought he was getting away with it :facepalm:

Mind. Completely. Boggled.
Can anyone really be so deluded?

:banghead::maddening::rolleyes::laugh::confused::bang::slap::doh::pullhair::furious::hilarious::jawdrop::floorlaugh::puke::shakehead::censored::biglaugh::turkey::thud:

OK, I think I've got it all out of my system.

At the very high risk of being frowned upon.... I have to say that I actually feel sorry for TM. I'd say she was totally drawn in by GBC's web of deceitful promises....:dunno:
Just to be clear, I am in no way condoning any of her actions but just feel that she also is a victim in this terribly sad case. :whiteflag:

From what I heard in MSM media this afternoon he has to apply to the Family Court if he would like to see his daughters. That is his right by law as their father, as apparently "every father has a right to a meaningful relationship with his children" whether he's in jail or not. Then if the children say they don't want to go, the court will determine whether they are mature enough to make that decision for themselves. :(

Thanks Snails. Very sad situation.

She has put on weight, Gerard wouldn't of liked that, she would of soon been going for long walks under bridges at night too putting on weight, we all know he didnt like Allison putting on weight, how the fickle fall fast

And he would have been cross with her if she bought a fancy expensive exercise machine.

ACA tonight.Before verdict. GBC was telling security staff , that he will be going home soon.
He really thought he was getting away with it :facepalm:

The sign of a true narcissist.

"be sure your sins will find you out".

After a lifetime of deceiving people, his lies finally caught up with him.

I wonder if he ever truly thought that he would get away with it???

Yes. He thinks he's better than everyone else in every way. As far as he was concerned there was NO WAY he could lose. He was sure he had manipulated and conned the jury just like he manipulated and conned everyone else on his life. He walked through life believing everyone loved him or at least liked and admired him. His boohooey this afternoon IMO was self pity at being a loser, that the jury hadn't liked him.

Oh my gosh think we might need a new thread, post verdict REVELATIONS of course nothing we didn't expect but things we couldn't really discuss because of WS and the court case. Tthat is a good thing as it protected Allison)
But now with everything laid bare - I think we all believe that there were more than 3 mistresses, that GBC had a story for everyone, had no money and his parents were overly bombastic and optimisitic about GBC's real estate achievements and financial success. They were also aware of Toni and GBC's infidelity .

The truth shall be heard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members