Small Details that are interesting in the Cooper Harris case, #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope it's ok to post this here.

I was reading at the the Cooper Harris FB page late yesterday afternoon. Not sure what happened for the admin to take the page down, but maybe people were reporting the page to FB and FB removed it?
JRH's friend Ben (from the news), was posting there and he said that he had received nasty PM's from JRH's mom and from friends of the Harris family. One poster who is a friend or relative to JRH's mother was there arguing with and accusing Ben, saying he wasn't a loyal friend to JRH because he had agreed to give the media interviews instead of just saying "no comment" to reporters. Ben said JRH's mother had PM'd him saying basically the the same thing and his response to them was that he is standing up for Cooper.
I saw that too. His heart is in the right place. RH -that side of the family need to
ya know what, whatever. If his parents choose to support their son and abandon Cooper the public will see it and see it for what it is.
moo

This site is a little daunting. Wasn't the GD thread a forum? Now that it is closed where should we be going to stay up to date on what is new?

If you scroll up to the top of the page and click on the link, Cooper Harris, 22 months.... that is Cooper's Forum. Or, you can click this link: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/fo...months-left-to-die-in-hot-car-on-June-18-2014.

I know it takes a little while to get used to having a forum instead of a GD thread, but it does make it easier to keep all the info in different threads, which definitely will make it easier as this case progresses.

HTH!

Another weird detail is:

3:45 P.M. RH IM's/Chats friend and tells them he is going to be late to the 5:00 P.M. movie. (How did he know he would be late?)
4:00 P.M. Misses a call from LH
LH and RH play phone tag back and forth for the next few minutes.
4:04 RH and LH have a phone conversation for a little over one minute
4:16 RH leaves work to go the movie.

Ross IM's his friend at 3:45 and tells him he is going to be late to the movie theater which is ten minutes away from HD.

Ross tells Stoddard that he left work early as to NOT be late to the movie and to avoid traffic.

Stoddard testifies that the movie theater is "less than ten minutes away from Home Depot.

So, basically

Ross tells his friend at 3:45 P.M. that he will be late to the movie that starts at five, (Theater is 10 minutes away and its a Wednesday afternoon), Ross then plays phone tag with LH with LH calling him first at 4:00 P.M.,
RH and LH finally talk for a little over a minute at 4:04,
Ross leaves work at 4:16 P.M. 9 minutes after he hangs up with LH to go to the movies
Ross pulls out of his parking space in mere seconds, never even rolls his windows down
Ross drives less than two miles with Cooper in the backseat and pulls over at Akers Mill
Movie theater is a couples of minutes away from where he pulls over with Cooper.

WHY did Ross tell his friends that he would be late to the movie 1/2 an hour before he ever even left work? Then proceed to tell Stoddard he left early as to not be late for the movie?

So so guilty.

Another weird detail is:

3:45 P.M. RH IM's/Chats friend and tells them he is going to be late to the 5:00 P.M. movie. (How did he know he would be late?)
4:00 P.M. Misses a call from LH
LH and RH play phone tag back and forth for the next few minutes.
4:04 RH and LH have a phone conversation for a little over one minute
4:16 RH leaves work to go the movie.

Ross IM's his friend at 3:45 and tells him he is going to be late to the movie theater which is ten minutes away from HD.

Ross tells Stoddard that he left work early as to NOT be late to the movie and to avoid traffic.

Stoddard testifies that the movie theater is "less than ten minutes away from Home Depot.

So, basically

Ross tells his friend at 3:45 P.M. that he will be late to the movie that starts at five, (Theater is 10 minutes away and its a Wednesday afternoon), Ross then plays phone tag with LH with LH calling him first at 4:00 P.M.,
RH and LH finally talk for a little over a minute at 4:04,
Ross leaves work at 4:16 P.M. 9 minutes after he hangs up with LH to go to the movies
Ross pulls out of his parking space in mere seconds, never even rolls his windows down
Ross drives less than two miles with Cooper in the backseat and pulls over at Akers Mill
Movie theater is a couples of minutes away from where he pulls over with Cooper.

WHY did Ross tell his friends that he would be late to the movie 1/2 an hour before he ever even left work? Then proceed to tell Stoddard he left early as to not be late for the movie?

So so guilty.

My guess would be that he knew he had to do something with Cooper, therefore saying he will be late for the movies. And of course would lie to police because he didn't want to be a suspect????? This is just my guess.. :p

I have question (again :D).. So, if Cooper was dead before noon that would mean his body shut down, right? However one, or two, of the witnesses said that when JRH pulled Cooper out of the car and laid him on the pavement, Cooper looked wet, wouldn't he have been dried due to the heat? Would he still have been sweating even after he died that many hours later? :(

My guess would be that he knew he had to do something with Cooper, therefore saying he will be late for the movies. And of course would lie to police because he didn't want to be a suspect????? This is just my guess.. :p

That is absolutely why. And it shows how very guilty he is. It also shows that he saw Cooper when he went to his car at lunch and threw the lightbulbs in, which was just a ruse to check if he was dead. And if he saw him then, he saw him in the morning when he left the car the first time.

I have question (again :D).. So, if Cooper was dead before noon that would mean his body shut down, right? However one, or two, of the witnesses said that when JRH pulled Cooper out of the car and laid him on the pavement, Cooper looked wet, wouldn't he have been dried due to the heat? Would he still have been sweating even after he died that many hours later? :(

Cooper was in full Rigor.

He was probably wet because he was in an oven for 7 hours....no air to dry him or his hair. I'm not surprised he looked wet at all even after being dead for 6 hours. It was between 130 and 170 degrees in that car. No air, no oxygen, no breeze.

A doctor testified on JVM last night that there is no way that Cooper lived for even 30 minutes after RH left him in the car. He would past out within 20 minutes and dead soon after. I'll try to find the transcript.

One small detail that has been niggling me - the diaper bag. Where was Cooper's diaper bag? He would have needed one right? Change of clothes, spare diapers or pull-ups, sippy cup, favourite toy? I haven't seen a mention of it in the search warrants. Did the cops find one? Did RH keep it on the back seat? If so what kind of bag is it? Did he make a subconscious slip that day and not bring one with him figuring Cooper wouldn't need it...?

There was someone on the FB page that got deleted who used to take her kids to that DC. She said the parents had the option of leaving a diaper bag at the DC or bringing one in ever day.

Cooper was in full Rigor.

He was probably wet because he was in an oven for 7 hours....no air to dry him or his hair. I'm not surprised he looked wet at all even after being dead for 6 hours. It was between 130 and 170 degrees in that car. No air, no oxygen, no breeze.

A doctor testified on JVM last night that there is no way that Cooper lived for even 30 minutes after RH left him in the car. He would past out within 20 minutes and dead soon after. I'll try to find the transcript.

I want to believe he didn't suffer. This case really got under my skin. Normally I think "I hope it was quick" and it doesn't stick in my brain...
But this little guy, in that oven of a car...
It's haunting, every time I open the thread.

Love you WS friends, thanks for all the thought-provoking posts.

Via Kindle, like a true Amazon junkie

I want to believe he didn't suffer. This case really got under my skin. Normally I think "I hope it was quick" and it doesn't stick in my brain...
But this little guy, in that oven of a car...
It's haunting, every time I open the thread.

Love you WS friends, thanks for all the thought-provoking posts.

Via Kindle, like a true Amazon junkie

Unfortunately he did suffer, he may have been dead in 30 minutes max but it was an excruciating death according to the doctor. The poor baby scratched his face in frustration. The doctor says the scratch had to have occurred shortly before his death, because the scratch did not have a chance to scab.

Sickening.

A couple of small details that have bothered me is, LH walking behind Coopers casket (as it's being carried out of the church to the hurst), with her cell phone glued to her ear talking to Ross. Who does that? And RH pulling his baby from the car, and when Cooper is being attended to by bystanders, walks to the other side of the car and gets on his phone. Why wouldn't he stay by Coopers side?
Such odd behavior from these two.

Is it the norm here to eliminate a general discussion thread? I don't understand the reason for that.

Yes, it is the norm. Once a forum is established the focus changes a bit on a case. It becomes more about sleuthing the details and less about general discussion. When there not a lot happening in a case, which is often once the alleged perp has been arrested, general discussion often turns to idle chit chat and bickering, requiring a lot of mod time.

Please feel free to take a look around our other forums and compare.

Thanks for asking,

Salem

Yes, it is the norm. Once a forum is established the focus changes a bit on a case. It becomes more about sleuthing the details and less about general discussion. When there not a lot happening in a case, which is often once the alleged perp has been arrested, general discussion often turns to idle chit chat and bickering, requiring a lot of mod time.

Please feel free to take a look around our other forums and compare.

Thanks for asking,

Salem

It may be the norm... but that does not mean it is the right, smart thing to do. jmo It kiils the thread/topic. Looking this am since it got shut down there is not half the conversation there was before. Maybe it's just me but I see a change in the posters that get three days off, maybe instead of closing GD threads give out more time off to the ones that derail or can't stop the bickering when told to day after day. It's a shame to punish the ones that like to actually have a some what live discussion about an active case. Idk that's my 2 cents

IMO Ben seems to be overwrought with feeling duped & betrayed and is obviously traumatized by coopers death.
I would hope he seeks out a therapist to help him process.

It's so sad that this guy feels the loss so much more than this toddlers own parents.

All IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You guys know my opinion on Ben already. I think there's big difference between empathy and attention-seeking behavior. Ben is the "friend" who didn't want to tell another friend that his wife was obviously cheating on him. Ben is not necessarily a huge devotee of truth. JMO.

I saw that too. His heart is in the right place. RH -that side of the family need to
ya know what, whatever. If his parents choose to support their son and abandon Cooper the public will see it and see it for what it is.
moo

Okay, gngrsnap, I love the way you think (and I've changed my mind on things because you've made excellent points), but this is getting way too Geraldo for me.

Don't you think at this point that Ben is creating his own little drama in which he is the victim? OF COURSE RH's family will be mad at Ben for trashing their son all over the national media in every possible venue. That makes perfect sense. Did Ben think he would be welcome in that family after this? Did he think they would say anything except, "You'd better keep the flip away from us in the future"?

I mean, Ben is making a lot of allegations and basically calling RH guilty before the trial has even started. People presume Ben has some inside knowledge and he is taking advantage of this.

I am tired of Ben. I think he needs to step back and see a counselor. JMO.

I just noticed in one of the videos where RH is in the back of a patrol car, he is wearing a RED and white shirt. Last tribute to Cooper?

Small Details that are interesting to me are that Cooper's rear-facing infantseat had the straps positioned in the tightest/smallest possible way; thereby, imho, so Cooper would not wiggle out before his time was up.

The positioning of the straps into the tightest position is as incriminating as using the too small car carrier for his 22mo son whose tiny head protruded over the top a couple of inches. Had Ross slammed on the brakes earlier that morning, Cooper could have suffered a whiplash from the unsafe infant carrier. I hope the straps are scraped for DNA bc I want to know, among other things, who put those two straps in the lowest position for Cooper.

It may be the norm... but that does not mean it is the right, smart thing to do. jmo It kiils the thread/topic. Looking this am since it got shut down there is not half the conversation there was before. Maybe it's just me but I see a change in the posters that get three days off, maybe instead of closing GD threads give out more time off to the ones that derail or can't stop the bickering when told to day after day. It's a shame to punish the ones that like to actually have a some what live discussion about an active case. Idk that's my 2 cents

The other thing that happens is that I end up checking in to 4 or 5 of the active threads - trying to keep up with what people are saying - maybe adding a comment or question - then I don't have time to keep switching from thread to thread and end up losing my train of thought. There are currently 4 people active on this thread - so the posters are all spread out - I don't know - I personally miss the cohesion that we had with a general thread. If people want to discuss something there are less people to view, less people to comment , and people who have just few minutes throughout the day to pop in and catch up - it becomes difficult. Maybe it will get better over time ..... I appreciate the mods and their experience - but I am throwing in my .02! Thanks!

The co-workers talked about how they normally dropped him off in the context of explaining how nothing was different about that day.

I thought they said there was nothing different or unusual about ROSS when they dropped him off. NOT that dropping him off in itself was typical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member