The aftermath of the verdict *MERGED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the right of the child to see him. The eldest is old enough to decide for herself. Even in circumstances such as this, those rights remain. The court believes it's important for another reason - so children don't build a fantasy of the parent in absentia which can cause them problems. If it can be proven that he's treated the children badly as he did Allison then there is a case to refuse to make orders that they see him. It goes that just because he harmed their their mother, it doesn't mean he'll harm them. I don't agree with it, but it's the law. The children will have a court appointed, independent advocate in any proceedings.

Thankyou for the information....I wonder at what age a child understands what murder is? Its hard enough for adults to understand...
Hugs to you xxxx

:loveyou:

Hope this is ok to comment on, as it's related to a facebook page - we'll see :) I've just read a post from the Australian Missing Persons Register and the gist is that they offered assistance (I assume by way of posting/spreading the word about Allison) to the BC family on the day Allison was reported missing, which was refused straight up. It's interesting in that the page admin claims it's the first time in 9 years that any family has turned away their help.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...644.1073741827.509702762472925&type=1&theater

It says that 8/1 is wear yellow for Allison day! I'm in!

I have to say again how much I love that when I go to various links the first thing I see is a huge photo of lovely, smiling Allison. She was/is so much more than the victim of her killer. After reading some of the links about how he dragged her down for years, I really want to believe that somehow Allison might be able to see how much total strangers have come to love her. :/

Bought a yellow top for myself, my daughter and my mum ready to go for August 1! Mentioned in the catch up thread- think this would be an awesome night to do another catch up for any locals who wanted to???

They think she had a bleeding nose or facial cuts ( split lip etc ) if he was smothering her, he would of had to use a lot of force, a nose bleed can be quite severe, sadly, this proves she was still alive really when she was bundled in the car, but obviously, barely..Not enough to fight anymore , as the body stops pumping blood once the heart stops, for the blood to seep out, she must have still had a heart beat, which is tragic to imagine and probably why her Father's impact statement mentioned how he wakes up thinking of how she died and cant sleep, wishing he was there to save her...

Very hard to imagine your child dying like that... Makes it all the better that he was not only found guilty but , I am glad he went about it this way, his arrogance has ensured a longer jail sentence, if he had just put up his hands and said " massive accident, Im so sorry, what have i done etc etc" he probably would of got a lot less time and only got man slaughter....

His arrogance , which seems to be in the gene pool, has ultimately caused him to serve as long as possible in jail....

I have wondered if GBCs treatment of Allison was learnt by his father's treatment of his mother. And I have also wondered if his brother's wife would have a story to tell re her marriage. Or perhaps his brother moved overseas because he was trying to escape his father's influence. I just feel that Nigel's influence on his son played a big part in Gerard's attitude to women.

I'll have to look up the Ivan Milat one. I read the one about Casey Anthony, written by the Prosecutor. I too would prefer it was one of the detectives. So close to it all, and they would remember all the body language.

Would you be able to tell me the name of the book please. I would be very interested to read it. Thank you

If he takes a job in prison he'll finally be able to buy himself a new razor!

She did cheat on her partner. She didn't leave her partner until after the affair with GBC and she was having an affair with a married man. What makes people think that to snag someone who is prepared to have an affair makes for a good catch!! It is wrong to be unfaithful to your husband or wife. The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence but it
still needs to be mowed!!!
As Dr. Phil says "if he will do it with you , he will do it to you" And he did, didn't he.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-Allison-takes-children-assets-left-her.html
'Married but don't want to be - looking for some sex on the side!': Inside Gerard Baden-Clay's depraved secret life

"...Documents also reveal just how dire were his finances were, with one document describing the financial state of his his real estate business as 'diabolical'...
During a five week long trial, evidence was given to the court that he was $1m in debt and Allison Baden-Clay's two life insurance policies and a further policy attached to her superannuation scheme were worth more than $900,000... However, testimony in statements made to police investigating Ms Baden-Clay's murder were not included in evidence, for reasons including that they may be prejudicial"...

If he takes a job in prison he'll finally be able to buy himself a new razor!

well for some reason that tickled my fancy, I've laughed and laughed....thankyou

:laughing:

They think she had a bleeding nose or facial cuts ( split lip etc ) if he was smothering her, he would of had to use a lot of force, a nose bleed can be quite severe, sadly, this proves she was still alive really when she was bundled in the car, but obviously, barely..Not enough to fight anymore , as the body stops pumping blood once the heart stops, for the blood to seep out, she must have still had a heart beat, which is tragic to imagine and probably why her Father's impact statement mentioned how he wakes up thinking of how she died and cant sleep, wishing he was there to save her...

Very hard to imagine your child dying like that... Makes it all the better that he was not only found guilty but , I am glad he went about it this way, his arrogance has ensured a longer jail sentence, if he had just put up his hands and said " massive accident, Im so sorry, what have i done etc etc" he probably would of got a lot less time and only got man slaughter....

His arrogance , which seems to be in the gene pool, has ultimately caused him to serve as long as possible in jail....[/QUOTE]

I have wondered if GBCs treatment of Allison was learnt by his father's treatment of his mother. And I have also wondered if his brother's wife would have a story to tell re her marriage. Or perhaps his brother moved overseas because he was trying to escape his father's influence. I just feel that Nigel's influence on his son played a big part in Gerard's attitude to women.
The blood could have pooled in her mouth/nose and then fallen onto the car due to gravity - I think this is more likely than being still alive.

I read or watched last night (I cannot remember where, everything seems to be merging in my brain lol) that GBC had asked a female employee to have a threesome with him. It didn't indicate who the third person would be. The employee said she was horrified and told him to never ask her that again. The man seems to have no moral boundaries and is not aware what is acceptable behaviour. He seems to think , if he wants it, he should get it. I wonder where he got that sense of entitlement from? Anyway, if he is still interested in a threesome I am sure he will find some willing participants in his new home. Suck it up Princess.

She did cheat on her partner - she eventually ended it but initially did cheat. She didnt have to accept the $250,000.

Cheating isn't illegal in Australia and her partner or her aren't suspects in any murder, however her name and life has been dragged into this with a lot of people thinking she is involved in the murder.
She has been dragged into an unfortunate situation for only doing what 1000's of others do every day (again, adultery isn't illegal, yes it's immoral, but not illegal) and don't have their careers potentially ruined because of it.
As far as we know she had nothing to do with the murder and her name has been trashed all over the papers for years.
Some compensation is due in my opinion.

If she was a decent person she would donate half the earning to the girls, but that is another thing.

I read or watched last night (I cannot remember where, everything seems to be merging in my brain lol) that GBC had asked a female employee to have a threesome with him. It didn't indicate who the third person would be. The employee said she was horrified and told him to never ask her that again. The man seems to have no moral boundaries and is not aware what is acceptable behaviour. He seems to think , if he wants it, he should get it. I wonder where he got that sense of entitlement from? Anyway, if he is still interested in a threesome I am sure he will find some willing participants in his new home. Suck it up Princess.

Oh I think I'm hysterical with overload too...lol...all I can think of with a threesome is the funny sights you would see
:happydance::happydance::happydance: Wiping eyes ROFL

Does anyone know if its legally, morally (ok) for the girls to have to see their
father, he is now a murderer who murdered their mother. I think its sick if they
have to see him MOO

:notgood:

Imagine the handover of the children if the grandparents have animosity to each other. A very difficult and sad situation but quite understandable. The trail of destruction is insurmountable.

Why didn't Elaine wait to hear the impact statements when the others did? I wouldn't advise her to leave the family behind and venture outside alone.
Maybe something deeper than I can see ATM.

Interesting interview on 2GB with investigative journalist Hedley Thomas who personally knew GBC well and lived nearby. Among other revelations, he visited GBC at Bayden-Clay seniors' home while Allison was missing. http://www.2gb.com/audioplayer/53311#.U8crRvmSySo

With new threads here, I can’t be sure if this has been posted previously: apologies if so.

But Dr Milne said, "if if it was a haemorrhage then it was, in the context of the examination “the most likely cause of death”.

That is a very big "IF" though. It's the key word. And microscopic examination could not say that it was a haemorrhage. Again, I'd just point out that the wording was Nathan Milne being thorough and covering all POSSIBILITIES, as he had to.

The bottom line, you'll recall, is that he could NOT determine a cause of death - not a definite one, not a probable one, and not even a possible one. There were several POSSIBILITIES left open, because they couldn't be excluded.

EDIT: Actually, I've just read through the full autopsy report again, and I can't find Dr Milne saying what was quoted above. Perhaps that was the judge's interpretation of it? What Dr Milne actually says is:

"1. Subdural haemorrhage. If this was a true injury it indicates a blunt force impact to the head, probably of a moderate degree of force. Subdural haemorrhage can occur without a skull fracture. If death was the result of a subdural haemorrhage, it could have taken hours to occur after the time of impact. Impaired consciousness from a subdural haemorrhage could also predispose to drowning. There is no evidence to suggest she had a bleeding tendency."

That is in his conclusions.

Earlier he says:

"On naked eye examination, there was some granular brown material between the left side of the brain and the dura. The appearance raised the possibility of a subdural haemorrhage, however due to the effects of decomposition this could not be confirmed on naked eye or microscopic examination. It remains a possibility that there was a subdural haemorrhage."

BBM - he HAS to leave open the POSSIBILITY to be thorough. He can't 100% exclude it.

And that's all he said, basically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member