The aftermath of the verdict *MERGED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
The pillar of the community, best person you'd wish to meet blah blah blah.
I've met this type first hand. Outside the house, wonderful facade but behind closed doors a total violent mongrel to all who would cover for him.

I'm sadly suspicious of all 'pillar of the community' types now!

So many serial killers fit that category. John Wayne Gacy, Herb Baumeister, BTK killer.....the list goes on (but my memory for names doesn't!!!).

It's all a facade that hides the shadow self that they truly live from.

Scary stuff!!!:scared:

LOL

I chose 'reply with quote', then chose 'B' in tool bar above before typing LOL.

To bold 'others text' do double click at start of word/s choice then drag your finger on blue 'dot' furthest to the right to end of your final word choice : see 'define' - tap and hit the 'B'..
I'm not sure this is what you wanted, but I feel I've been somehow transported in going through this.

I'm on a mini iPad and apologise if all of the above is of absolutely no help to you whatsoever....
Thanks Consider well half of it worked.

article-2693753-1FA7502800000578-644_634x427.jpg

this is the most heartbreaking photo.
their poor little faces, I am so worried about
their health.

why is the work of White Ribbon important?

Australia is not immune.

Violence against women is a serious problem in Australia where:

Over 12 months, on average, one woman is killed every week as a result of intimate partner violence.
A woman is most likely to be killed by her male partner in her home.
Domestic and family violence is the principle cause of homelessness for women and their children.
Intimate partner violence is the leading contributor to death, disability and ill-health in Australian women aged 15-44.
One in three women have experienced physical and/or sexual violence perpetrated by someone known to them.
One in four children are exposed to domestic violence, which is a recognised form of child abuse.
The cost of violence against women to the Australian economy is estimated to rise to $15.6 billion per annum.
One in five women experience harassment within the workplace.
One in five women over 18 has been stalked during her lifetime.

http://www.whiteribbon.org.au/white-ribbon-importance

Thanks for posting TGY !

The media say that the public interest in "the Baden-Clay case" is due to the adultery, mystery, couple & business apparently doing well found out to be struggling, and personalities involved etc

While that is true on a considerable level, I think many people would have had first hand experience of domestic non-bliss and been afflicted by down-trodden-ness.... this rings true for a lot of people who are, or feel for those, going through it.

For example, trying to earnestly and doggedly pull it all together, to keep partner content within the marriage.

Many events and revelations that people could relate to on a personal level keeping them, besides the awfulness of ABC murder, motivated to follow.

View attachment 55152

this is the most heartbreaking photo.
their poor little faces, I am so worried about
their health.

Me too. Prolonged stress means immune system is not optimal. And as my mum says, to loose a child, for them to go before the parent is so hard. But to lose a daughter that way...Need to find a way to turn the corner into more positive territory...they will need to have good people and good support to turn that corner, because they are likely sapped of strength right now. They would know they are well supported by the community, a strong base.

<modsnip>

It's really upsetting. I keep having to stop reading. The domestic violence being revealed was just ghastly, then all the slinking around being sleazy and betraying his family make it all so awful. Nothing would surprise me anymore with regards to revelations about G. Yet he blubbers and demands an appeal. I hope he gets to read the papers and media about how awful he is. No facade anymore. He is loathed. I'm so sad that A endured what she did, and most likely was too afraid to leave. Like Mrs D said, she paid with her life. I have to wonder what was said that night. Was A leaving him, or did it irk him to have to discuss his entitled double life? We will never know.

That's nice HoolyDooly, the way the community are supporting them must
help a bit, I'm still scared for them, their son and daughter must be worried sick
as well. Its terrible to see your parents worried and at the end of their coping.
Bloody GBC, he did this, cannot believe he will not face up to what he's done.
Second thoughts yes I can, he is a coward, filth and its a very dangerous place to
live, jail. He wants to look over his shoulder regularly.
:jail::jail::jail:

I find this discussion a bit silly. My sister often uses sign language to communicate with her children when they are getting out of line where they need to be quiet or just simply if she needs to remind them of something. WHY?? Because she can. The child knows sign language because she had a speech issue as a little one and so the whole family knew signs. It is actually a quite respectful way to communicate because it doesn't involve embarrassing the child by TELLING them aloud to behave.

Sounds reasonable in that context. But I think it depends on the situation, and how and why it's done. People here are understandably speculating that Gerards style of unreasonable control would mean his version of it might be different.

Oh dear, TGY you always make me have a giggle.
Re-reading what Ive written this morning I must admit
yes I am cranky lol.
A few days of night shifts and clients being insane has
obviously sent me the same way.
I have been reading how dangerous it is in prison,
has me quite concerned about GBC (NOT)
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
am off to sleep lol:loveyou::loveyou:

It's really upsetting. I keep having to stop reading. The domestic violence being revealed was just ghastly, then all the slinking around being sleazy and betraying his family make it all so awful. Nothing would surprise me anymore with regards to revelations about G. Yet he blubbers and demands an appeal. I hope he gets to read the papers and media about how awful he is. No facade anymore. He is loathed. I'm so sad that A endured what she did, and most likely was too afraid to leave. Like Mrs D said, she paid with her life. I have to wonder what was said that night. Was A leaving him, or did it irk him to have to discuss his entitled double life? We will never know.
Having had a relationship with someone similar, I would say it was about him being questioned about specific details of his sordid behaviour. I reckon he told Allison about Toni being at Conference and Allison questioned him about contact and suspected him of resuming the affair. She may have accused him, finally telling him he was pathetic or despicable, and he had to wipe her out then and there. After all, he'd dreamed of doing it for years.

That's nice HoolyDooly, the way the community are supporting them must
help a bit, I'm still scared for them, their son and daughter must be worried sick
as well. Its terrible to see your parents worried and at the end of their coping.
Bloody GBC, he did this, cannot believe he will not face up to what he's done.
Second thoughts yes I can, he is a coward, filth and its a very dangerous place to
live, jail. He wants to look over his shoulder regularly.
:jail::jail::jail:
Hey that is another good 'c' word for Camp Chair 's list... COWARD ...the key word ....

The pillar of the community, best person you'd wish to meet blah blah blah.
I've met this type first hand. Outside the house, wonderful facade but behind closed doors a total violent mongrel to all who would cover for him.

Street angel, home devil as we say.

Thanks for posting TGY !

The media say that the public interest in "the Baden-Clay case" is due to the adultery, mystery, couple & business apparently doing well found out to be struggling, and personalities involved etc

While that is true on a considerable level, I think many people would have had first hand experience of domestic non-bliss and been afflicted by down-trodden-ness.... this rings true for a lot of people who are, or feel for those, going through it.

For example, trying to earnestly and doggedly pull it all together, to keep partner content within the marriage.

Many events and revelations that people could relate to on a personal level keeping them, besides the awfulness of ABC murder, motivated to follow.

Many of us can relate to Allison. She could be our sister, daughter, aunt, cousin, friend, neighbour or one of us could be Allison etc... how does this happen to good people? It's made me think - outward appearances aren't always what they seem.

I think he killed Allison out of his fear of exposure as much as the money. He wasn't what he seemed and had many people conned for many years. She had woken up to him and his lying, cheating, swindling ways. He couldn't risk others finding out, that would cost him in business and in his extramarital affairs and he'd lose face in the community and it would tarnish the revered BC name. Why she believed his lies that it was her fault, she was safe. It backfired on him, he had no choice but to own up to some of it. His appeal is no surprise if we consider his litigation against Flight Centre for unfair dismissal when he was writing cheques for wedding payments (ie: theft). He did the wrong thing yet somehow it wasn't his responsibility?

It's taken me a while to wear my white ribbon badge.

Not up to a conversation with anyone about it.

But I wear it when I'm feeling my most vulnerable and my most determined to be brave to send a message on those days I have to face him (in court, at psychologist's).

Not loud and proud, I pop it on my hand bag : and once tapped it a few times.

I also signed him up on the website using his name and email : so hopefully he gets white ribbon updates too!

Thanks for posting TGY !

But I wear it when I'm feeling my most vulnerable and my most determined to be brave to send a message on those days I have to face him (in court, at psychologist's).

I also signed him up on the website using his name and email : so hopefully he gets white ribbon updates too!

Sending you lots of love, Consider :heartluv:

There's the light at the end of the tunnel consider. Sometimes the most frightening of decisions we make for ourselves and our children, in hindsight are the best decisions we have ever made. I feel many of us here really related to Allison's plight even before the violence and womanising was exposed.

Be strong but if you should ever fear for your welfare seek help immediately.
That's the legacy Allison has left with me.

We tell children if anyone should touch you inappropriately tell someone & if they don't listen keep telling until someone does listen and acts.

Maybe us adults should be doing what we now preach.

:hug: You are brave Consider, even when you don't feel it xx

We tell children if anyone should touch you inappropriately tell someone & if they don't listen keep telling until someone does listen and acts.

Maybe us adults should be doing what we now preach.

...and don't listen to people who tell you "That's just how it is, you have to put up with it, stick it out! Marriage isn't easy. You have to stay for the kids!" Etc. As Dr Phil says "It's better to come from a broken home than live in one!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77