The aftermath of the verdict *MERGED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing I hold out for - though it may take some time - and lets hope its in the next 15 years...
Forensic science and technology will be able to go back and look at the evidence of this crime and there will be no doubts.

Yes - all they need is just a skerrick of DNA from the hair caught in the blood in the car, or some other way of showing it's Allison's hair.

Hi Mumma Bear

From my experience hand written by the police officer as you speak...

Spelling probably not the priority, the officer/s usually focused on helping you to relax and focus at the time, but I entirely get what you're saying.
Word processed by officer. And we know spell check can only pick up spelling errors. Would have to try grammar check.... but in saying that do we nees to be picky on good work done? Pretty sure all of us, even Mumma Bear, has made spelling errors....and they may be because you don't kniw how to spell or you make a mistake typing it up because you type fast or your fingers are too fat for keyboard....like when typing on a phone. Noone is perfect. I cannot stand people who pick on spelling errors. There are more important things to worry about unless you are having a spelling test.

Not everyone is the same, Karo. I know i would support my son no matter what, but no way would i cover up for him. I have a special needs adult son and he knows this and i trust him to tell me the truth no matter what.

Sent from my ZTE T81 using Tapatalk
Exactly BN. Covering up for a son shows the mother is just as bad. Hence the change of penalty to life in prison for "accessory after the fact" which came out after the heubert and maher case in qld in 2001-2006.

I agree it is outrageous. Problem is that he received the maximum sentence possible (about a year after his dastardly deed the time was increased to 20 years) and justice Byrne gave some directions to the Parole Board. What can be gained from an appeal?
A longer non parole period....

I'm not understanding the money from an investment property $400,000
Since when?

If you look up the site onthehouse.com you can see the selling history of the investment property.

There is a link to it in the BBC life in jail forum.

Need to find who setup the media deal, I'm guessing O

Yes - all they need is just a skerrick of DNA from the hair caught in the blood in the car, or some other way of showing it's Allison's hair.
Can only get DNA from the root of the hair. Obviously there was no root attached to the hair or they would have tested and mentioned DNA.

I agree nads, I believe that these disclosures regarding massive pay days etc justify the formation of a campaign/lobby group against an appeal.

Does anyone agree?
I agree- throw the appeal out! What a ridiculous piece of work he is! It's all about the cash- no wonder he went to pieces when he learnt the verdict and sobbed through the victim impact statements! It was all for himself!

I agree- throw the appeal out! What a ridiculous piece of work he is! It's all about the cash- no wonder he went to pieces when he learnt the verdict and sobbed through the victim impact statements! It was all for himself!

As my grandma would say (with emphatic gestures lol) "what did you expect?!"

Who has this saying, "when someone shows you who they are, believe them"?

Not likely. Unfortunately I just saw a 60
Minutes ad before promoting the show. One good thing is that it isn't one sided - Allison's friends and supporters get a say too. I doubt they got the $$$ that TM did . . .

Oh wonderful, now we will hear the truthful part of the story.

Can only get DNA from the root of the hair. Obviously there was no root attached to the hair or they would have tested and mentioned DNA.

Mitochondrial DNA is present in the rest of the hair - useful enough when the siblings are all known. Unfortunately the bleaching process degrades DNA in the hair. Future methods may be able to extract more, or there may be other ways (non-DNA) of comparing the crime scene hair with known hair. As the original poster wrote - fingers crossed!

From that first interview when he undressed the journalist with his eyes, do you think a cash register was going off in his head? "Widower's Heartbreak", "Baden-Powell's Grieving Grandson", "The Mental Torment of the Wife who Walked Silently into the Night and the Tears of the Husband She Left Behind".

Word processed by officer. And we know spell check can only pick up spelling errors. Would have to try grammar check.... but in saying that do we nees to be picky on good work done? Pretty sure all of us, even Mumma Bear, has made spelling errors....and they may be because you don't kniw how to spell or you make a mistake typing it up because you type fast or your fingers are too fat for keyboard....like when typing on a phone. Noone is perfect. I cannot stand people who pick on spelling errors. There are more important things to worry about unless you are having a spelling test.

Yes, a typo here and there is no biggie I agree. However, the statements are absolutely peppered with them to the point of being difficult to read. They're serious legal documents where basic clarity and accuracy should have been paramount.

This is a lesson is ascribing meaning to other's behaviours without knowing the whole story. We assumed that EBC was distressed at the verdict because her son was guilty of murder and would spend life in prison, but now it emerges that maybe her house was mortgaged. So her crying takes on another meaning. We can safely assume this was also the reason NBC slumped in his chair.
Similarly, we assumed that GBC was aghast, struggled to breathe and cried because he was found guilty and faced a life in jail. We assumed that he reacted to the victim impact statements. But now it emerges that he was crying for himself because he wouldn't be a free man and he wouldn't be wealthy as he had earlier stated. In the event that GBC was found not guilty, they had pre-planned to exploit Allison's murder and GBC's wrongful arrest by making $600,000 from the media in addition to $1,000,000 from Allison's Insurance/Superannuation and $440,000 from the sale of Allison and Ashley's house on the Gold Coast.

Morally bankrupt is a concept which comes to mind.

Still catching up on the thread......

But just in regard to GBC's tears being all for himself (as we always suspected)......I'm reading another book by FBI profiler John Douglas and he says this about many of the murderers he's interviewed in prison:

"...[they] would bemoan the fact that their lives were ruined, tears streaming down their faces - ruined, in their minds, not because of what they did but because they were caught."

The Anatomy of Motive, Pocket Books 1999, page 24.

PS It's a GREAT book!

As my grandma would say (with emphatic gestures lol) "what did you expect?!"

Who has this saying, "when someone shows you who they are, believe them"?

bbm That is a quote by the wonderful Maya Angelou. A wise woman, if ever there was one!!

From that first interview when he undressed the journalist with his eyes, do you think a cash register was going off in his head? "Widower's Heartbreak", "Baden-Powell's Grieving Grandson", "The Mental Torment of the Wife who Walked Silently into the Night and the Tears of the Husband She Left Behind".

Ugh!!! He was probably thinking that!! (Minus the eloquent headings, of course - that requires an intellect! :lol:)

He'd have particularly loved your "Baden-Powell's Grieving Grandson" IMO!!:facepalm:

Well now I'm confused. I thought it was a legal aid trial?

He would only get all this money if he is successful in getting his conviction squashed on appeal. It is all 'pie in the sky' stuff. You know, like 'please lend me some money as I am having a bit of a cash flow problem I will turn the business around no worries'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998