The aftermath of the verdict *MERGED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
He would still come up with some kind of "explanation".

"It was that caterpillar bite on my neck the day before. My whole neck and shoulder broke out in welts, right across to my back. It was SO itchy! I asked Allison to scratch my upper back for me, because I couldn't reach. 'Just over to the right a bit more, dear. Up a bit. Aah, that's it. Perfect. Now just scratch a bit harder.' And that, Your Honour, is how my DNA got under her fingernails."

May thousands of vicious biting caterpillars infest his nether regions forever and a day.

“I won’t be making any comment. It’s difficult for everyone but I won’t be making any comment and neither will the family,” Mr Shields said.

“No I won’t be (saying how they’re feeling). I think sometimes some things just call for a dignified silence.”
From an article in the courier mail
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...s-at-wolston-correction-centre/story-fnihsrf2

A bit holier than thou when Geraard was about to spill his guts for $$$$$$$600 big ones to promote his own image.

Thanks AliW, but surely that shouldn't be reported as money (property) he
has just sitting there. Or is it just media lying again.:scared:

Not sure if I understand what you mean but the site onthehouse.com just gives the selling history of a house (any house) You just search the address and it brings up the dates the house has been sold and for how much. So it tells you when they bought the house and for how much and also that it was sold in 2013 (which ties in with the sale after he was arrested) and for how much it sold for. But in this case I think Mr Dickie won some sort of stay on the money until after the court case as it formed part of Allisons estate. So the money will be there and for him had he been acquitted but as he wasn't, am thinking it will be subject to further legal avenues for Mr Dickie to handle Allisons estate.
Interesting site if you are interested in a property to buy!! Can tell you its sale history so might possibly give you a bit of hand info for negotiating!!

When I think about the behavior and demeanor of the BC clan - the BWANA number plate, the dead animal heads on the outside wall, the granny pash, the Elaine fruit bowl incident, the mustard jacket, etc. etc. etc. I have decided they should be now the BOGAN Clays, that is if they still want to retain the hyphenated name.

When I think about the behavior and demeanor of the BC clan - the BWANA number plate, the dead animal heads on the outside wall, the granny pash, the Elaine fruit bowl incident, the mustard jacket, etc. etc. etc. I have decided they should be now the BOGAN Clays, that is if they still want to retain the hyphenated name.

:silly: BOGAN-CLAY I love it! there ya go! We have a genius on board!!
Brilliant volunteer.

From that first interview when he undressed the journalist with his eyes, do you think a cash register was going off in his head? "Widower's Heartbreak", "Baden-Powell's Grieving Grandson", "The Mental Torment of the Wife who Walked Silently into the Night and the Tears of the Husband She Left Behind".

The more and more we read on the despicable GBC, the more I would not be surprised if the thought about media deals came up even way before then..before Allison was even dead perhaps? (I half joke- but only half- as I said, nothing would surprise me where he is concerned now)

Gerard Baden-Clay stood to gain $600,000 from media deal if he was acquitted of murdering wife Allison

July 20, 2014 12:00AM

GERARD Baden-Clay was wheeling and dealing behind bars to gain up to $2 million if he’d been acquitted of murdering his wife Allison.

The day before the remorseless killer was found guilty, he bragged to prison guards he would soon be a free man – and a wealthy one too.

Baden-Clay would have walked out to a media deal of at least $600,000, negotiated by his family as he awaited trial.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...ing-wife-allison/story-fnihsrf2-1226994719127

Just shows me the media are scum. Bargaining with a murderer for the rights to how he "didn't" do it.
This is why I no longer have my TV tuned in to watch this tabloid trash or bother buying or reading these newspapers.

Same thing happens with Shapelle Corby.
The media needs to be fined for dealing with criminals to buy their stories.

Mitochondrial DNA is present in the rest of the hair - useful enough when the siblings are all known. Unfortunately the bleaching process degrades DNA in the hair. Future methods may be able to extract more, or there may be other ways (non-DNA) of comparing the crime scene hair with known hair. As the original poster wrote - fingers crossed!
And mtDNA does not identify one person....only people with siblings and same mother.....hence it would be utterly useless

Yes, a typo here and there is no biggie I agree. However, the statements are absolutely peppered with them to the point of being difficult to read. They're serious legal documents where basic clarity and accuracy should have been paramount.
Unless you are a cop under pressure to get these statements done we cannot comment. Like I said. NOONE IS PERFECT.

Talked to my old friend today. Sweet hearing how down to earth Gervas and Betty were, and uncomfortable they were around BWANA.

And mtDNA does not identify one person....only people with siblings and same mother.....hence it would be utterly useless
Exactly, it could have narrowed it down to just 3 persons - 2 of which could potentially be excluded with other observations (hair colour, width etc). This was all discussed a while back; there are links in the first batch of posts - interesting stuff!

Talked to my old friend today. Sweet hearing how down to earth Jervis and Betty were, and uncomfortable they were around BWANA.

Dear Possum,

Forgive my ignorance, but who are Jervis & Betty? My brain has gone on an unannounced vacation...

All this new information is making me want to appeal, for a big sentence of course. OMG, can you imagine if he was let off free and all this was emerging. They would be chased out of Australia, the lot of them!

Nads, if it is any comfort I was a witness once in a case where the accused was given a 12 year sentence. He appealed. The result was he got an extra 2 years out of it. Hahahaha. So hope this happens to GBC.

Just shows me the media are scum. Bargaining with a murderer for the rights to how he "didn't" do it.
This is why I no longer have my TV tuned in to watch this tabloid trash or bother buying or reading these newspapers.

Same thing happens with Shapelle Corby.
The media needs to be fined for dealing with criminals to buy their stories.

I think it's a little harsh to paint all media with the same brush. I'd probably be accurate in saying a lot of the print media journos, especially those in Brisbane, would have had a silent cheer when GBC was pronounced guilty. And they're currently doing a great job of letting the world know all about the true colours of GBC.

Those with the big money are the section of the media who should be ashamed of themselves. Programs such as 60mins have the $$$s to do and say whatever they like and they get away with it. But the thing is, they still attract the viewers...while they're able to do that, they'll just keep on pushing out the programs. Guarantee there'll be a LOT of folks watching TM tonight.

I don't think fines will stop them...laws need to be changed to put an end to doing deals with crims and all their associates.

I think it's a little harsh to paint all media with the same brush. I'd probably be accurate in saying a lot of the print media journos, especially those in Brisbane, would have had a silent cheer when GBC was pronounced guilty. And they're currently doing a great job of letting the world know all about the true colours of GBC.

Those with the big money are the section of the media who should be ashamed of themselves. Programs such as 60mins have the $$$s to do and say whatever they like and they get away with it. But the thing is, they still attract the viewers...while they're able to do that, they'll just keep on pushing out the programs. Guarantee there'll be a LOT of folks watching TM tonight.

I don't think fines will stop them...laws need to be changed to put an end to doing deals with crims and all their associates.

I'm pretty sure MH17 has pushed the B-C case out of tonight's viewing in Victoria, but I could be wrong? It's all so sad and awful... :(

<respectfully snipped>

BIB: Bravo! Hear! Hear!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member