Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014 - #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it so strange no one seems to know DG. On other forms we always seem to get a past acquaintance comment on the person, often a school mate. Where are DG's school mates? He did go to school in Calgary, did he not? Also, I wonder where his meth lab was. That was the 90's. G's didn't move to the acreage until early 2000's.
G's have owned the property since 1973, where are you getting early 2000's from? We've had this discussion several times before that he most likely went to high school at George McDougall in Airdrie.

I find it so strange no one seems to know DG. On other forms we always seem to get a past acquaintance comment on the person, often a school mate. Where are DG's school mates? He did go to school in Calgary, did he not? Also, I wonder where his meth lab was. That was the 90's. G's didn't move to the acreage until early 2000's.

I heard the meth lab was on an acreage, not sure which one. Maybe they just don't know his name? He seemed to use fake names, who knows how many he actually used. JMO

The Garlands bought the property in 1973 .. it's in the timeline:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ia-Maps-amp-Timeline*&p=10757551#post10757551

Also in the timeline ... according to online articles linked earlier, the drug raid was on the Garland property in 1992:

http://injusticebusters.org/index.htm/newstories3.htm

Why would someone start this fund up,

http://www. go fund me.com/bjv4mk( vacation fund)

When this one is already up,

http://www. go fund me.com/aygrpk

There are many victims in this family. It is all done with the best of intentions, but are they forgetting the others? jmo

eta, those links will not work on here ****, just google them

I agree there are indeed many victims, yes JO and RO lost their sweet innocent boy and her parents, and it will take a lifetime to come to peace with those losses. But don't forget about the other children that lost their parents and nephew, the siblings that lost their brother (AL) and their sister (KL). As well as poor PG who lost her in-laws and in a way her own brother and the guilt she must carry within herself that her brother did this to her spouse's family. I feel so bad for all of them.

I'm wondering if the more noxious chemicals might be stored in there and would require a cement pad to prevent leaching into the soil?

On the subject of chemicals. I remember seeing a can clearly commercially marked "ether"
In an old grain truck I got into.
It was explained to me that it was used I think to start engines in the cold?
Maybe worth keeping on mind?

View attachment 55329

I have been wondering since the beginning of the search of the acreage, what was being investigated here. I can't seem to find other pics of this corner of the property and the raw aerial footage skips over this area as well.

http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/c...k+Liknes+family+drug+past/10005813/story.html

Well spotted. The four chemical sheds are to the left of that area. If that is where all the forensic tents were set up, something definitely germane to the crime took place there IMO.

That would certainly explain why P2 imported sodium!

Well I don't know about that....softener salt is common and you can buy large quantities anywhere for your softener.....but I think his business was export *I could be remembering wrong too*...The quantity that can be seen in the pictures *if it is in fact the softener salt* is normal for a farm situation...buy in bulk & don't run out kinda thing....Only reason I mentioned specifically it being salt is because that would explain the large amount shown if indeed it's the softener salt....does any of that make sense?*L* *me rambling....again!* JMOO
Checking out your pictures of all the equipment too....the white tanks look like fertilizer tanks for the fields....and/or old fuel tanks ...more than likely fertilizer....the wood chipper looking orange piece...could be that or a manure spreader.....or...a feed grinder....with all the varied equipment out in the country....it could be almost anything....I wish we had better close up pics ya know?*L*

garland-gate.JPG

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/nathan-o-brien-alberta-acreage-search-wraps-up-1.2712687

For now, the owners are allowed to return home. The parents of Douglas Garland, the man facing murder charges in connection with the missing family, are listed as the property owners.

Police say they don't know if they've returned, but a chain hung from two trees on either side of the driveway, preventing people from getting on the property.

The last photo in that link, what is the guy doing? Is that some type of sonar thingie?

The business is closed, the house is sold, the house contents were liquidated during a three day estate sale, and, in terms of expenses, there are no funeral expenses at this time because there are no bodies. The final bills (phone, gas, etc.) have to be paid for the month of July. The family wants to put the house contents in storage, but that isn't a necessary expense given that the owners are deceased. What expenses might there be that I'm not able to anticipate?

I know, as a mother an daughter, if this was me I would not of been working the last few weeks and it would be a long time before I could go back to work. My bills would keep coming and household expenses wouldn't stop so this would be funds that this family will need...

I heard the meth lab was on an acreage, not sure which one. Maybe they just don't know his name? He seemed to use fake names, who knows how many he actually used. JMO
I wonder which building on the farm,he used ,for producing his meth?

The last photo in that link, what is the guy doing? Is that some type of sonar thingie?
<snip for space>

I think the yellow thing is a diver's tank. If you click through frame-by-frame near the end and are lucky enough to get it to stop at the right point, there is a brief flash where you can see a tent, a white van, and 4 or 5 people ... the guy with the orange vest is helping a diver out of the water.

Vehicles have to be refitted to burn propane, don't they?

Why would they have cause for another charge? Is gas used on farms only legally supposed to be used on farm vehicles that don't travel public roads?

As far as I know, purple gas is dyed and tax exempt for farmers to use with farm equipment.

New thread coming up, i'll move some posts over so you can continue the discussion.

This one will close in approx 5 minutes.

I know, as a mother an daughter, if this was me I would not of been working the last few weeks and it would be a long time before I could go back to work. My bills would keep coming and household expenses wouldn't stop so this would be funds that this family will need...

Agreed sublimemumma. Most of us have had personal loss and tragedy, but to lose 3 family members in such a horrific fashion all at once, this family has been smashed to smithereens and their lives changed forever. Thankfully a community is coming together to ensure that the family doesn't need for anything financially at a time when they probably can't even think straight. People who are donating aren't questioning, and I don't think the friends who are doing this for them need to justify why they are doing it or what every penny is for. I wouldn't care if they got a million bucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannamj