Small Details that are interesting in the Cooper Harris case, #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
sex addiction is a serious addiction just as bad as any drug,or alcohol.

People have a choice as well to either say no or yes.. they choose to do these, "it" doesn't choose them.. IMO!

Even though we now live in the Pacific Northwest, I still make my barbecue Eastern (NC) style, including the sauce. ;) And I have to import country ham from the Dan'l Boone Inn (from Boone) as no one out here has ever heard of it.

Oh MAN! I love me some low country vinegar mop! Lotsa pepper. I just made some tonight for the low and slow smoked chicken I cooked today....

MOO AJC is sidestepping the unspoken threat of defamation suit from LH by offering to provide "balance" by allowing RH's side of things to be presented.

Didn't Richard Jewell sue the AJC (with LIN WOOD) for libel also? The case was dismissed I believe, but I'm sure they don't want to go through that again.

Quite the coincidence huh? :rolleyes:

Somewhere on one of these threads, I posted that I was beginning to doubt some of Det. Stoddard's testimony. I posted it about a week ago, and I got somewhat slammed for saying that. I said I wanted to see those videos for myself, and some posters were adamantly opposed to thinking that Det. Stoddard might not be telling the truth. Well, well, well....seems he was not. This latest news makes me doubt a whole lot more of what he testified to. I still want to see that video where LH was said to have asked RH, "Did you say too much?" before I would swear on the Bible that's what she said. MOO

Don't worry, you'll get to see all the videos.

We all will.

As for now, I'll take the word of a detective, sworn in under oath, testifying about a video that he knows ALL (including a Judge) will see, over the word of a brother, who cannot conceive of his brother killing his nephew and thinks that sending pictures of your penis to an underaged girl = "great father" :facepalm:

Soooo, yeah, that's where I stand at the moment.

PS: I hope I wasn't one of the posters that you felt was slamming you for your doubt. I respect everyone's opinion, even the ones that differ from mine when they're shared respectfully like you always do. :seeya:

Don't worry, you'll get to see all the videos.

We all will.

As for now, I'll take the word of a detective, sworn in under oath, testifying about a video that he knows ALL (including a Judge) will see, over the word of a brother, who cannot conceive of his brother killing his nephew and thinks that sending pictures of your penis to an underaged girl = "great father" :facepalm:

Soooo, yeah, that's where I stand at the moment.

PS: I hope I wasn't one of the posters that you felt was slamming you for your doubt. I respect everyone's opinion, even the ones that differ from mine when they're shared respectfully like you always do. :seeya:

I would also think Stoddard would have actually timed that video. IIRC I think he said it was 25 to 30 seconds, but I could be wrong...

Bless your little heart. Did you take Sundrop and Cherrywine with you?

Having grown up in Michigan I was more of a Faygo Redpop girl but oh, I really miss some of the Southern style. Sorry for the O/T and all - now I'm really hungry! :sigh:

Somewhere on one of these threads, I posted that I was beginning to doubt some of Det. Stoddard's testimony. I posted it about a week ago, and I got somewhat slammed for saying that. I said I wanted to see those videos for myself, and some posters were adamantly opposed to thinking that Det. Stoddard might not be telling the truth. Well, well, well....seems he was not. This latest news makes me doubt a whole lot more of what he testified to. I still want to see that video where LH was said to have asked RH, "Did you say too much?" before I would swear on the Bible that's what she said. MOO
I think that the detective may have stretched things a bit. Until we see the evidence for ourselves it's ok to be skeptical of what was said at the PCH. Thanks for posting your thoughts on this.

In this case I have many questions yet to be answered but one thing that keeps coming to mind when I question LE is this: Why would LE lie? What purpose would be served by LE setting up an innocent man? When it appears (at least to me) that most parents in these types of deaths are treated with kid gloves, why would LE go after this guy? It would be a huge waste of time and resources for LE to make up stories and if they are doing that it will all come out. But not in the media; the media has its own agenda.

Until I see reason to believe otherwise, I will trust that LE knows what they are doing. I want the truth to come out, no more and no less. The last thing I want is for an innocent man to be convicted; the second to last thing I want is for another child killer to be set free.

LE may have felt badly about Cooper being placed, while in rigor, onto the hot pavement while the boy's killer stepped away from his child to walk around to the other side of his vehicle. Ross even goes as far as plucking leaves from a nearby tree while exclaiming: "What have I done?"

I have no idea what behavior LE would expect of the parent who had just discovered a gruesome truth: That his own negligence caused his little boy to suffer and die in a hot car. I know what I would personally expect to see:

A father sitting under the tree in the shade, gently rocking back and forth, with his baby boy cradled in his arms, while crying from agony, and expressing deep sorrow and begging for the child's [and his wife's] forgiveness. I did not expect a dad to be on the phone for six minutes while a stranger performed CPR for his baby boy and then proceed to curse the policemen who were there in response to the 911 emergency call for his only child.

A fascinating point for me is that the chances were 50/50 Ross would be caught not really forgetting his son in the hot car. Why was the risk worth it for him? If this guy researched life behind bars, then he had to suspect he may be arrested for the crime. Why was it worth it?

Does this creep risk everything to avoid child support payments? If LH is involved, why do they risk losing not only their only child but their freedom? Only parents who do not really feel love for their child could do this kind of crazy.

moo and all that jazz

I would also think Stoddard would have actually timed that video. IIRC I think he said it was 25 to 30 seconds, but I could be wrong...

Actually, he said nothing about a specific amount of time in the hearing.

STODDARD: When he reaches in, he comes up, he opens up the door. And as he's reaching in, turns his head a little bit. He's in there, he has a clear view, and he kind of turns his head and then just tosses the light bulbs into the car.

UNIDENTIFIED PROSECUTOR: After he does that, does he hang out at the car very long or anything of that nature?

STODDARD: No.

UNIDENTIFIED PROSECUTOR: What does he do?

STODDARD: He shuts the door, turns around and immediately starts walking into the Home Depot.

LE may have felt badly about Cooper being placed, while in rigor, onto the hot pavement while the boy's killer stepped away from his child to walk around to the other side of his vehicle. Ross even goes as far as plucking leaves from a nearby tree while exclaiming: "What have I done?"

I have no idea what behavior LE would expect of the parent who had just discovered a gruesome truth: That his own negligence caused his little boy to suffer and die in a hot car. I know what I would personally expect to see:

A father sitting under the tree in the shade, gently rocking back and forth, with his baby boy cradled in his arms, while crying from agony, and expressing deep sorrow and begging for the child's [and his wife's] forgiveness. I did not expect a dad to be on the phone for six minutes while a stranger performed CPR for his baby boy and then proceed to curse the policemen who were there in response to the 911 emergency call for his only child.

A fascinating point for me is that the chances were 50/50 Ross would be caught not really forgetting his son in the hot car. Why was the risk worth it for him? If this guy researched life behind bars, then he had to suspect he may be arrested for the crime. Why was it worth it? If we say: alimony and child support payments involved in a divorce could prove costly for JRH who was incapable of neither moving up in his work nor making lateral moves to similar companies.

Does this creep risk everything to avoid child support payments? If LH is involved, why do they risk losing not only their only child but their freedom? Only parents who do not really feel love for their child could do this kind of crazy.

moo and all that jazz

Totally JMO, but I think he was researching prison about the underage girl and their relations. I don't think he EVER thought he would be arrested for Cooper.

JVM: LE- we didn't leak surv video

Family request?

My guess is... formal defense team doesn't want to publicly comment; but hey, let's get a "credible" (LE) defense witness out there talking about "the truth." If nothing else it will bring things from a high boil to a simmer... Defense could have easily invited MB to review evidence they have every right to obtain.

Outside of that, I just want to state my opinion for those doubting the veracity of Stoddard --

I firmly doubt that Stoddard willfully exaggerated or lied on the stand -- I believe that IF there are, in fact, proven discrepancies between evidence & Stoddard's testimony, it's estimations given within mountains of evidence he reviewed (ex: estimating how many yards between point A & point B, how many inches between point A & point B, how many seconds for this to occur, etc, etc -- TOTALLY subjective) -- regardless, defense wants to discount bits and people want to question Stoddard...

Someone like Stoddard should know better, IMO -- and if he's PROVEN to be a perjurer, than I will eat crow AND videotape it -- we're talking 2-3 weeks into the case when they had "just scratched the surface" -- again, this was not a trial.

So remove a couple pieces from the puzzle if you must -- if I can still make out the picture, that tells me something.

It's really as simple as a spelling bee -- "Can you use it in a sentence?" It's all about the context of every single bit of information -- all I see at this point is desperation... imo

Frankly, I'm more than a little stunned so many are falling over themselves to take the word of an accused murderers family member as gospel. With Zero evidence.Shaking my head.

Im open to the possibility, SHOW ME!
Roll that video footage with a stop watch ticking...

Until I see it...ALL my faith is with the detective that was simply doing his sworn duty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bbm
No kidding. :eek:hdear:

I agree, some psychologists will disagree. Either way it's his fault he "forgot" his son or plotted his demise because Cooper was in his way of his sex addictions. :(

Totally JMO, but I think he was researching prison about the underage girl and their relations. I don't think he EVER thought he would be arrested for Cooper.

Yeah, I kinda think this, too. Too bad for [modsnip] that LE actually cared about a broiled baby. I detest [modsnip] with the heat of thousand suns. He is everything that is putrid in "acceptable" society. [modsnip]

A fascinating point for me is that the chances were 50/50 Ross would be caught not really forgetting his son in the hot car. Why was the risk worth it for him? If this guy researched life behind bars, then he had to suspect he may be arrested for the crime. Why was it worth it?

moo and all that jazz

EXCELLENT POST DD thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members