GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy Moly!!!

Did you read this? It has more of the Probable Cause document.
I wasn't sure when the statements were made to her (Megli) and if she called police. Would she let them continue to hang around there and store their things after that? It sounded like it happened right after their own home was searched at Jasmine. So what's up with that?

Some one may have already said this but the 2014 Jeep Libertys look more like a car than an actual jeep.

2014 Jeep Liberty.jpg

If I saw this as I was driving by I'd probably guess red sedan as well

Mel....do we know what color the jeep was?

I doubt his friend would tell MSM he moved to Alaska if he were in military custody.

But the friend that told that he moved to Alaska is Megli who is the one that told the LE that NL told her they would never find a body. So I'm not sure how much faith you can put into what she told a reporter when asked as she never gave any details of what was in the probable cause document.

I wonder if Erin was so in love with CL she became pregnant thinking he would leave his wife for her?
I suppose BC could have just failed.

I am pretty much convinced that when pregnant women are killed, child support is almost always a factor. Sometimes the amounts dictated can seem overwhelming and unfair, I imagine, or the men know some other man who got "stuck" paying hundreds of dollars a month for decades, etc...you can't tell me this much money does not come into a motive.
And if his wife left, he'd have his own to support. Plus he'd be alone as well.
$$$

If this information is correct, I think that Beasley may suffer from red-green color confusion. My father has this condition. Red and green have a similar effect on the retinal cells and some people have a difficult time deciphering between the two colors because of this. Beasley may have seen the green Honda civic, but perceived it as red, and relayed that information. He might not even be aware of his condition. If he has it that is. Lee might have come back later in the Jeep and moved the car further back so as to hide the car from passing motorists.

BBM

Someone else would have had to have moved the car to produce the single set of footprints from her car to the passenger side of his jeep.

If this information is correct, I think that Beasley may suffer from red-green color confusion. My father has this condition. Red and green have a similar effect on the retinal cells and some people have a difficult time deciphering between the two colors because of this. Beasley may have seen the green Honda civic, but perceived it as red, and relayed that information. He might not even be aware of his condition. If he has it that is. Lee might have come back later in the Jeep and moved the car further back so as to hide the car from passing motorists.

In the warrant probable cause report the wording ONLY alludes to one set of tire prints in connection with Erin's car...the jeep's....think "the witnesses" may have been shills to cover what LE already knew...

page 10 of document ( shows page 12 on pdf )

are they still detained or is the arrest for the potato gun all they could find to arrest CL on ?

" Lee and Nicole are being detained on the belief they were about to conceal and/or destroy evidence that may lead to the location where Erin is hidden. "

The deputy was stating that he needed the search warrant signed immediately as he had them detained at that time. Chances are it was in the middle of the night and he was trying to justify why he had to wake up the judge in order to execute the warrant right then in lieu of waiting until day time. Just my 2 cents...

RE CL's discharge date of July 7th..
Was the SOB just lucky that his discharge date was around the 4th of July and the police didn't obtain the search warrant until the 4th ? If I remember the process correctly, with a discharge date of July 7th. All the paperwork would of had to of been completed by July 3rd , due to the 4th of July holiday weekend , in order for his his discharge to become official at 12:01 a.m. on the 7th , correct ? IF the weapons arrest would of been July 2nd, could the military of placed him on legal hold ?

Yes. She owns the ranch. Not sure why they would be telling her all this stuff - maybe they were very close friends or NL and CL are just not very smart.
I agree! Why were they telling the ranch owner all this info?

Then again, I am shocked how many people knew about the affair between Erin and CL. I thought affairs and such were suppose to be more secret.

I thought two people, siblings, had both seen a red car? They can't both be color blind, can they?

But what about the sister? Would she have it as well?

http://www.desertsun.com/story/news...hristopher-lee-arrest/12961823/?showmenu=true

another update

authorities have searched for Erin Corwin ever since.

Lee moved to Alaska last week, according to a friend.

Emom's affidavit also reveals that investigators found 10 spent .40-caliber bullet casings in Lee's Jeep, and that tire tracks found behind the Twentynine Palms Marine base link the Jeep to Corwin's car.

According to the newly released court documents, police found a single set of shoe tracks at Corwin's abandoned vehicle. The tracks led from the driver side door of her Toyota and then disappeared next to a set of tire tracks. The court document states that tracks found at the scene are "consistent" with the tire tracks left by Lee's Jeep.
Oh no :( poor Erin!

WOW....just WOW. I can't even believe the turn of events. I don't even know what to say. I truly don't. What a mess they all created with each others lives. What a big fat mess. All the disloyalty, cheating, and just everything. I can't find the right words right now. Its sickening.

Jmo, but it seems like there is enough to arrest this guy. Not sure how aggressive CA is in cases without locating the victim, but good grief...this seems like more than we have seen in some cases, Imo.

I wasn't sure when the statements were made to her (Megli) and if she called police. Would she let them continue to hang around there and store their things after that? It sounded like it happened right after their own home was searched at Jasmine. So what's up with that?

I find it odd that there was never any mention on the horse rescue website about the missing Erin...she did volunteer/work there after all

I wonder if Erin was so in love with CL she became pregnant thinking he would leave his wife for her?
I suppose BC could have just failed.

MOO but based on the fact Erin thought this was a celebratory day, in her mind she may have believed she was about to "run off" with this newly-civilian guy and make a whole new life.

Heck, he didn't appear to have too much trouble luring her. No way she was going to celebrate his impending child and then go home and do same with her husband like nothing happened? Nope. She wanted him to be daddy, not her husband. As in full-time. You don't run out to celebrate child support. I really believe that dear, sweet, naive kid thought this was a whole new life awaiting her. ALL MOO!!

I doubt his friend would tell MSM he moved to Alaska if he were in military custody.

Does anyone remember what part of Alaska he's from? Perhaps he's in custody up there. I would like to believe he is any way!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie