Rita Tangredi, 31, and Colleen McNamee, 20, 1993-94 ** John Bittrolff ARRESTED **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know what time and where we can watch the press conference that was announced yesterday?

Please post a link to some live stream coverage if possible.

forienger they haven't said the time yet,i am waiting for news12 to announce it.

Wonder what his connection is to Esplanade Drive. I'm trying to track down names in the neighborhood, but so far turning up nothing. It's a stretch anyway...could be close to a former residence, a friend's residence, a friends former residence, somewhere he knew due to construction work. (Sigh) My skills suck today.

He would have been in his mid to late 20's at the time of the McNamee/Beinlich murders. I guess I need to start there.

Officials say on November 2, 1993, Rita Tangredi, 31, was found nude in a wooded area off of Esplanade Drive in East Patchogue. Tangredi was beaten and strangled to death

You can check him out on Facebook under his name with some rather curious pics including a creepy one of what looks like some kind of crime scene on a dark road...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I found him o. Facebook last night but I was WO seeing if may e that was his son

I am sorry Jenny9......but two women have been murdered that his DNA is linked too.....I just want to know why neighbours are saying he was a nice guy....and you are so close and reporting that's what they are saying...I suppose I was hoping you would ask more questions...

From that article linked above: Law enforcement sources tell NBC 4 New York there is no link between the Mcnamee and Tangredi murders and the discovery of 10 sets of human remains found off Ocean Parkway near Gilgo Beach between December 2010 and April 2011.

One source said there are "significant dissimilarities" between the killings.

I'm curious about those "significant dissimilarities".

Anyone find it weird that we now have 3 JB's thrown into this case? Could it be coincidence that a JB that committed suicide was under scrutiny? Was there some sort of lead about those initials?

Did we ever get any info on the murder of Sandra Costilla? I know I tried to find something a long long time ago, but came up empty handed. Did anyone else have any luck? I know her remains were found in North Sea, which is quite a distance from where Tangredi and McNamee were found. Not sure why LE thought Costilla's murder might be connected, but at one time, they did.

Really good question...I wondered the same myself.

Did we ever get any info on the murder of Sandra Costilla? I know I tried to find something a long long time ago, but came up empty handed. Did anyone else have any luck? I know her remains were found in North Sea, which is quite a distance from where Tangredi and McNamee were found. Not sure why LE thought Costilla's murder might be connected, but at one time, they did.

BBM

The North Sea? As in the one in Europe?

According to this article, LE suspected a link at the time but couldn't prove it. http://riverheadnewsreview.timesrev...orville-man-charged-in-two-cold-case-murders/

Also, NBC interviewed a neighbor who echoed Jenny9's comments. Everyone liked the guy, etc. they showed footage of Bittrolff's house, also. Really nice. You'd never think an SK lived there, but that's usually the way it goes.

When is this damn arraignment?!?

I would love for this guy to be the monster responsible for all of the murders. It would sooth the mind knowing that he is behind bars for good but we are talking about Long Island where it's populated with tons of strange individuals. Therefore, I won't be surprised that unfortunately, he is only responsible for two.

On second thought, one just doesn't murder two prostitutes and stop at that. Impossible. If this is LISK, (LE ain't gonna tell everything to the media just yet) I knew he was between 48-55 and said he had a wife and teen to young adult kids. Perhaps they aren't searching his home and the woods because he has another location where he raped, murdered and dismembered bodies. If this is so, I expect LE to converge on that location soon. They wouldn't want the media there being a nuisance which is inevitable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021