Rita Tangredi, 31, and Colleen McNamee, 20, 1993-94 ** John Bittrolff ARRESTED **

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to this article, LE suspected a link at the time but couldn't prove it. http://riverheadnewsreview.timesrev...orville-man-charged-in-two-cold-case-murders/

Also, NBC interviewed a neighbor who echoed Jenny9's comments. Everyone liked the guy, etc. they showed footage of Bittrolff's house, also. Really nice. You'd never think an SK lived there, but that's usually the way it goes.

When is this damn arraignment?!?

Two victims...he's not a serial killer.

Did we ever get any info on the murder of Sandra Costilla? I know I tried to find something a long long time ago, but came up empty handed. Did anyone else have any luck? I know her remains were found in North Sea, which is quite a distance from where Tangredi and McNamee were found. Not sure why LE thought Costilla's murder might be connected, but at one time, they did.

http://riverheadnewsreview.timesrev...orville-man-charged-in-two-cold-case-murders/

In the above link there is a bit about Costilla's case + quote:

Ms. Tangredi’s murder was one of three suspicious deaths reported in the area within a four-day stretch in 1993, according to a Newsday report at the time. Linda Greico, a 42-year-old postal worker, was shot to death in her driveway as she walked from her car to her home the day after Ms. Tangredi’s body was discovered. Earlier that same week, 73-year-old John Muller was found bludgeoned to death in his home on Hulse Landing Road in Wading River.

+ info on previous towns Bittrolff had addresses.

I'm non-committal as to whether or not this is our guy. But either way, I've wanted to see justice happen for Rita and Colleen for a long time now, so I hope we're on our way toward that at least.

did Coastal Construction work on the bridge project? great south bay bridge?

I street viewed it. It is a dead end. Ending next to woods.

Right, but my point was that he must have had some prior knowledge of the street or surrounding area. That's my assumption anyway. So, did he build a house out there? Have a family member or friend who lived nearby? Gotta be some connection.

No need to be sorry, MC...I did a double-take when I first saw it too.:laughing:

Cheers, MK! That would have been quite the tide if she ended up all the way in Europe.

I would love for this guy to be the one responsible for the Manorville or GB killings, but I have a sad feeling that he isn't. I hope I'm wrong.

I also sincerely hope that the second degree murder charges get upgraded to first degree. There's no way he "accidentally" murdered two prostitutes and dumped their bodies.

We'll see about that.

If he only has two victims, a serial killer he is not. Must have at least three. Surely, an individual could rape, strangle and dismember only two prostitutes and stop at that, right?

I'll answer my question for you: YEAH. RIGHT!

His brother was arrested awhile back and through familial dna it was discovered JB was the killer.

Can't get the live feed at work, can some kind soul try to transcribe for those who can't watch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288