AL AL - Christina Carter, 3, Hueytown, 17 Sept 1973

Hi, I am a new Registered user on the site.
I have also just recently became aware of the Christina Carter case.
I am not from the US and I was wondering if anyone was able to tell me where I would be able to find newspapers published in regards to the case or what police station was directly involved.
I ask this because I have a personal interest.

Once I can look into this further I will be able to update on a regular basis.
I do have direct contact with the Hueytown Police

Looking into the possibility !!
Contact made with Hueytown Police as well as
Missing children.

Attachments

• enhanced photo of Christina lynn Carter.jpg
    enhanced photo of Christina lynn Carter.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 73
  • My Cousin Lori.jpg
    My Cousin Lori.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 82
Welcome, Nancie74. I'm not sure if this will help you, but here are a few links I've found.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?i...net gail carter winston-salem&pg=3610,5709750

http://news.google.com/newspapers?i...christina lynn carter missing&pg=7028,5232400

You can read some early articles posted at this link, too.

http://z13.invisionfree.com/PorchlightUSA/ar/t13489.htm

Investigating Agencies listed on NamUs:

Hueytown Police Department
Lieutenant Jim Rice
1318 Hueytown Road
Hueytown, Alabama 35023
Phone 205-491-3587
Case number 08030498

FBI
60 Enloe Floyd Bottoms Road
Cherokee, North Carolina 28719

Special Agent In-Charge
John Mattox
Phone 828-497-1931

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/2684/3/

Also, as a new member, you'll find these links helpful:

Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

And if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to send a private message to a moderator.

Hope this helps! :)

Thank you very much for the information. Mr. Rice and I have been keeping in touch via Email. As well as I have made contact with Mr.Birkbeck.
The girl in the pic I have posted is of my cousin.
For a very long time we have been trying to find out her past, as she was Adopted by My aunt @ the age of 18.
Thanks again.

Thank you very much for the information. Mr. Rice and I have been keeping in touch via Email. As well as I have made contact with Mr.Birkbeck.
The girl in the pic I have posted is of my cousin.
For a very long time we have been trying to find out her past, as she was Adopted by My aunt @ the age of 18.
Thanks again.

Your cousin was 18? Or the girl she adopted was 18? How old was your cousin when the questions of her identity arose?
Simply curious and a sleuther, first and foremost.....
Thanks for your response!

Pic of Janet Gail Calhoun Carter, Christina's mother and Nancie74's cousin's pic. I think they look similar especially around the eyes. I wish we had a better pic of Janet Carter. Some relatives of Janet and Christina's used to be on here.. I wish they would look at the cousin's pic and see if it's possible.
Anyone know how to contact MartieLee?

Attachments

• jgcc.jpg
    jgcc.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 42
  • cousin.jpg
    cousin.jpg
    2.5 KB · Views: 48
I really wish we knew if they have any followup plans to look under that house! I really believe that womans story it would be a shame if they dont follow up and likely it would solve two mysteries! it would be great if N74's cousin were Christy but alot of people look alike and that pic of Janet could be my own mother's 1963 photo they look EXACTLY alike even down to the under eye area, but my Mom is alive and well!

Your cousin was 18? Or the girl she adopted was 18? How old was your cousin when the questions of her identity arose?
Simply curious and a sleuther, first and foremost.....
Thanks for your response!

Hi, thank for your reply, And to answer your question, my cousin was living with my aunt since the age of 12 (foster care , it was only when she went to get her drivers licence that they discovered that her birth cert was a fake.
she continued to live with my aunt and when she became an adult at the age of 18, that's when my aunt adopted her. It would have been done sooner only the bio mom (possibly) would not allow it. The bio mom has many secrets and has refused many times to provide DNA to prove that she is who she says she is.

I really wish we knew if they have any followup plans to look under that house! I really believe that womans story it would be a shame if they dont follow up and likely it would solve two mysteries! it would be great if N74's cousin were Christy but alot of people look alike and that pic of Janet could be my own mother's 1963 photo they look EXACTLY alike even down to the under eye area, but my Mom is alive and well!

Hi, Thank you for your insight, I would Like to provide you with an update.
2 weeks ago my cousin make the trip from Canada to the USA and has provided DNA through a location provided my exploited and missing children. It could take a few months to get the results.
My cousin was also added to their registry, for other possible matched.

Hi, Thank you for your insight, I would Like to provide you with an update.
2 weeks ago my cousin make the trip from Canada to the USA and has provided DNA through a location provided my exploited and missing children. It could take a few months to get the results.
My cousin was also added to their registry, for other possible matched.

I hope there is a match , she looks exactly like the recon!!!!!! that would be great news for all involved , and in that case there is a good chance she was not killed but sold if the latest tip is true! which would still solve two cases but with a better outcome! fingers crossed :)

bumping Nancy74! any news? we dont have an update yet from the TN link of Matts! Driving me nuts!!!!!!:gaah:

I heard that an wrecked car was found In the same area where Janet's corpse was found. A Ford Falcon? Did It belong to her?

I heard that an wrecked car was found In the same area where Janet's corpse was found. A Ford Falcon? Did It belong to her?

The Times-News
October 27, 1973
FBI PROBING POSSIBLE ABANDONED CAR, MURDER LINK
The Federal Bureau of INvestigation has entered the investigation into circumstances surrounding the wrecking and sunsequent abandonment of a car Oct. 14 on I-26.
Sources close to the investigation said FBI personnel were probing possible connections between the car, which was registered to an Alabama automobile dealership, and the death of an Alabama woman whose body was discovered on a roadside in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park Oct. 7.
Edward J. Krupinsky, special agent in charge of the Charlotte FBI office confirmed late this morning agents are investigating the possibility of the strangulation murder of Mrs. Carter and the car being connected Krupinsky said, howeverthere had as yet been no confirmation as to the car's possible connection.
Sunday, October 15, Trooper T E Smathers was stopped by a motorist who reported a 1963 Ford Falcon had wrecked on I-26 south of the US 64 interchange. Smathers proceeded to where the car was wrecked but found no one at the heavily damaged vehicle. An occupent of the car had apparently gone through the windshield on impact as a hole was found in the front windshield and strands of blonde hair were found in the broken glass. A check of area hospitals revealed no one had been brought into any of them for treatment of a similar injury.
A woman's pocketbook was found in the car containing some money, a driver's license and identification with several different names included. A large amount of clothes were found in the car in sizes ranging from a child to adult.Food and kitchen utensils were also found in the vehicle, which was stored after it was found. No one has called to claim it yet.
A check of the license numberfound it to be registered to a used car dealership in Detroit, Ala.No telephone listing for the dealership could be found for the firm either in Detroit or surrounding cities.
The body of Janet Gail Carter, 24, whose hair was artificially colored blonde, was found by two photographers one week prior to the finding of the abandoned car. They located the body bound and placed inside plastic garbage bags. Mrs. Carter's most recent address was listed as Hueytown, Ala., 100 miles from Detroit. It took two weeksfor federal agents and pathologists to identify the corpse.
Since the identification of Mrs. Carter, the FBI is now seeking the whereabouts of her three-year-old daughter, Christina Lynn Carter. The estranged husband of the dead woman, who lives in Birmingham, Ala., reported the child missing in late September.
Informed sources said an FBI agent out of the Asheville office came to Hendersonville Tuesday afternoon and searched the abandoned vehicle, and is reportedly considering having the car processed by criminal laboratory technicians.

The Times-News
October 27, 1973
FBI PROBING POSSIBLE ABANDONED CAR, MURDER LINK
The Federal Bureau of INvestigation has entered the investigation into circumstances surrounding the wrecking and sunsequent abandonment of a car Oct. 14 on I-26.
Sources close to the investigation said FBI personnel were probing possible connections between the car, which was registered to an Alabama automobile dealership, and the death of an Alabama woman whose body was discovered on a roadside in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park Oct. 7.
Edward J. Krupinsky, special agent in charge of the Charlotte FBI office confirmed late this morning agents are investigating the possibility of the strangulation murder of Mrs. Carter and the car being connected Krupinsky said, howeverthere had as yet been no confirmation as to the car's possible connection.
Sunday, October 15, Trooper T E Smathers was stopped by a motorist who reported a 1963 Ford Falcon had wrecked on I-26 south of the US 64 interchange. Smathers proceeded to where the car was wrecked but found no one at the heavily damaged vehicle. An occupent of the car had apparently gone through the windshield on impact as a hole was found in the front windshield and strands of blonde hair were found in the broken glass. A check of area hospitals revealed no one had been brought into any of them for treatment of a similar injury.
A woman's pocketbook was found in the car containing some money, a driver's license and identification with several different names included. A large amount of clothes were found in the car in sizes ranging from a child to adult.Food and kitchen utensils were also found in the vehicle, which was stored after it was found. No one has called to claim it yet.
A check of the license numberfound it to be registered to a used car dealership in Detroit, Ala.No telephone listing for the dealership could be found for the firm either in Detroit or surrounding cities.
The body of Janet Gail Carter, 24, whose hair was artificially colored blonde, was found by two photographers one week prior to the finding of the abandoned car. They located the body bound and placed inside plastic garbage bags. Mrs. Carter's most recent address was listed as Hueytown, Ala., 100 miles from Detroit. It took two weeksfor federal agents and pathologists to identify the corpse.
Since the identification of Mrs. Carter, the FBI is now seeking the whereabouts of her three-year-old daughter, Christina Lynn Carter. The estranged husband of the dead woman, who lives in Birmingham, Ala., reported the child missing in late September.
Informed sources said an FBI agent out of the Asheville office came to Hendersonville Tuesday afternoon and searched the abandoned vehicle, and is reportedly considering having the car processed by criminal laboratory technicians.

Was there any connection with her and this vehicle? Was she the one who abandoned It?

I assumed it was a vehicle she was using as it had alot of items for "relocating" and I wonder if the boyfriend (the married officer) had any connections to Floyd and this pedofile that supposedly has Christina burried under his house, it would make sense , she was now a free woman and he had a wife , maybe he was not wanting her to leave her husband then needed her to dissappear when she did, Floyd and his cohorts always hinted that they were under police protection! it would not surprise me at all

HI- I am the stepdaughter of the police officer. I was raised being told HE was my father, with a story to back it up. I had HIS lasy name (fake for me), a fake birthday, and a fake SS number. When his dad passed, I was given his ss number and told to use it. I was told I wasnt claimed on taxes, even on the census! I find these things in common with franklin floyd's ways... My stepdad was VERY crooked, and I remember being told he was accused of murder, but didnt do it (of course) I am so interested in this story, I wish it would be solved.

WELCOME !!!!!!:welcome::welcome::newbie::newbie::greetings::greetings:

JBANGLEDORF! you are Janet' boyfriends step daughter? And he raised you WOW just WOW !!!!1 I in my head have assumed he did know Floyd !!!! do you remember anything from your childhood that seemed odd, strange kids around etc? welcome I am just dying to pick your brain!!!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Witchee
Back