GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
A woman scorned...and a mother. I agree.

I don't know...again, referring back to Heather Elvis case. But then again, in that case, I believe the wife was the instigator of the murder, not a witness/accomplice after the fact. So maybe if CL is actually charged and they try to bring her into it, she will admit what she knows. I hope so, though some of her alleged comments are pretty chilling and I hate the idea of anyone getting away with anything, lol.

I don't understand why they starting moving things to the ranch the day their home was searched. Moved things from apartment to ranch then moved them again?
Why move things twice?

I envisioned it as maybe they just had to be out of their apt. Beginning the first of the month like a lease and maybe they weren't ready to move to Ak just yet, or maybe they had obligations at the ranch. I believe IM stated CL was actually working for the ranch recently. Maybe IM asked them to look after the ranch and animals while she was away on the Lake Perris trip from 7/7 to 7/11. She likely offered them to keep their things at her place until they were ready to go to AK

Okay this is OT, but something that annoys me. Watching a true crime show right now and the narrator says..."the case is purely circumstantial and LE has no evidence". Circumstantial evidence IS evidence and most cases are made up entirely of circumstantial evidence. And we wonder why juries get confused...jmo

I don't believe *he* killed Erin with a gun. I don't have the stats or anything else to dispute a spud gun, or a .22, or a .40. or any other firearm. My personal feeling is up close and personal. No firearms required. I would imagine a 6 year Marine would be savvy enough to understand ballistics. Even a 6 year Marine's wife would know that. If Erin is found near a range (and there are plenty of legal shooting ranges near JT) CL has his "I was shooting there, I collected the casings, you can't prove anything") while Erin is discovered to have been strangled or stabbed. In a way, it gives him an alibi.

I envisioned it as maybe they just had to be out of their apt. Beginning the first of the month like a lease and maybe they weren't ready to move to Ak just yet, or maybe they had obligations at the ranch. I believe IM stated CL was actually working for the ranch recently. Maybe IM asked them to look after the ranch and animals while she was away on the Lake Perris trip from 7/7 to 7/11. She likely offered them to keep their things at her place until they were ready to go to AK

Their apartment on base was searched on the 1st. They then started moving things to the Ranch. I would love to know if your theory is accurate re: having to be out by the 1st because if LE came to do a search and all household goods were already packed up, it would be difficult to get an idea of where to start, IMO. Also, since it's Base housing, I'm not sure the 1st holds as much importance as if they were paying rent off base someplace. Thanks for bringing this up! It really got me thinking about what LE may have had to contend with during a search. Wish we knew more!:gaah:

Holy smokes. This pinterest board just changed everything for me. :/
Did you read the ones under the husband section? Specifically all the ones about forgiveness and another woman?

Can I say this here? There is one cartoon where a husband appears to be beating a mistress, and the comment under it (NL?) says soemthing like "I can't tell if this is sweet or abusive..."

I can't think of anyone I know that would post that.

Yes, this one: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/232005818275900900/

You can definitely tell A LOT about someone from what they pin on Pinterest. MOO

What if CL loved Erin?
What if CL's tetxs to meet him were found by NL so she knew where they wouod be and WHY (preganncy) ..
What if she followed him and pounced at the right time.. Somehow killing Erin.. ?
What if CL now panicked and helped NL cover the crime...?

Their apartment on base was searched on the 1st. They then started moving things to the Ranch. I would love to know if your theory is accurate re: having to be out by the 1st because if LE came to do a search and all household goods were already packed up, it would be difficult to get an idea of where to start, IMO. Also, since it's Base housing, I'm not sure the 1st holds as much importance as if they were paying rent off base someplace. Thanks for bringing this up! It really got me thinking about what LE may have had to contend with during a search. Wish we knew more!:gaah:
Wouldn't the military be moving them?

It really depends on where you are asking about. There's everything out there from sand dunes (not many though) to hard dirt with lots of rocks.

(Yeah, I keep thinking of the McStay family as well. I wouldn't be surprised if Erin's found the same way...a long time after she went missing. That case really has me stumped!)

The image has the McStay family graves etched in my mind.

Is the ground really hard? Sandy? Easy or hard to dig?

The apartment was base housing though. if his separation date was the 7th in theory they had until then to pack and move.

Maybe they did plan to stick around the area for awhile and work. otherwise just doesn't make a lot of sense.

I am going to post this and run for cover because I am quite sure most people aren't going to think it's a possibility and many may not even consider it, but it has crossed my mind and have been wondering just what are the chances that this scenario could've happen...

A) What IF EC texted her best friend in TN about going to celebrate the pregnancy and there was some misunderstanding/confusion as to was it JC or CL she was going to be celebrating with? Maybe something was taking for granted and it caused mass confusion about WHO Erin was planning to celebrate with....

B) What if JC texted the best friend (from Erin's phone, pretending it was Erin) and purposely texted it was CL who she was planning the celebration/outing with, so as to provide some distraction/mis-information etc. (cough, cough)

Any thoughts?

I wholeheartedly agree. (Now, maybe on one of the road nearby like Ortega Hwy...but that's even farther away and theres on reason to go there with so many places in the desert.)

Lake Perris is extremely populated this time of the year and it's a relatively small lake. It's a local hangout for off-duty cops and fireman too. The chances of her being there are slim to non in my opinion.

Wouldn't the military be moving them?

The would have option to make DITY (Do IT Yourself) move, and the fact they had a U-haul suggests that is what they were doing. Military pays you to move yourself rather than overpaying a contracted moving company. Unless it's an overseas move where you have no choice, a lot of military folks will move their belongings themselves. A) you get paid, and it is above and beyond your actual expenses, you just have to do the packing and heavy work yourself; and B) some people would rather not trust furniture and other household goods to movers if they don't have to.

What if NL did all of the above and then threatened to implicate CL, who then only helped cover it because he was scared not to...

But he didn't do a good job, and THAT's why she was mad and called him dumb

What if CL loved Erin?
What if CL's tetxs to meet him were found by NL so she knew where they wouod be and WHY (preganncy) ..
What if she followed him and pounced at the right time.. Somehow killing Erin.. ?
What if CL now panicked and helped NL cover the crime...?

I am going to post this and run for cover because I am quite sure most people aren't going to think it's a possibility and many may not even consider it, but it has crossed my mind and have been wondering just what are the chances that this scenario could've happen...

A) What IF EC texted her best friend in TN about going to celebrate the pregnancy and there was some misunderstanding/confusion as to was it JC or CL she was going to be celebrating with? Maybe something was taking for granted and it caused mass confusion about WHO Erin was planning to celebrate with....

B) What if JC texted the best friend (from Erin's phone, pretending it was Erin) and purposely texted it was CL who she was planning the celebration/outing with, so as to provide some distraction/mis-information etc. (cough, cough)

Any thoughts?

It would be really, really coincidental that NL was yelling at CL about an alibi and talking about the body never bring found. I believe that LE has at least some evidence of the murder that ties it to the Lees.

Plus I believe JC was on duty Sat, and the Corwins have only one car so that coverup would involve a lot of people.

Come out, come out wherever you are, NWLady! :) I think anything could be a possibility at this point. When CL came into the picture we all felt so sorry for his wife. That opinion has changed for many/most of us now that we know more about her. Since we know nothing about JC, it's difficult to say whether he would or wouldn't do something like this. I will say it sound plausible, like something that could happen.

Any thoughts?

Yeah, I enlarged the picture and was shocked. In the video of the witness, I just can't make out if he says, "some glasses" or "sunglasses." The second time he just says "glasses." Certainly makes you wonder!!

You've got it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member