GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome, welcome! About that pond, do you know if it is a naturally occurring one or more manmade and maybe has liner and is maintained? reason I ask if locally have something similar, and lots of controversy about city having to pay to maintain the thing after the nice developer handed it over.

I.e. would pond have people in there filtering it at times where a weapon might be discovered, or just left to nature and not so likely to be found? Is it relatively private and not visible…accessible at night?

thanks, and one more WELCOME!!

Good questions! Oasis of Mara is surrounded by enormous palm trees and always looks fairly left alone and primitive. There is a boat structure on one end that can be rented out as a room. Other than that it is extremely dark there at night and very quiet. Anyone visiting the property has access to it at any hour. During the day people stroll around the property and maids and workers are bustling around. I've stayed there severely times in the the past. It is only visible to people on the property, not from the street. It would be very easy to toss something in there and have it stay put, IMO.

IMO a reward might just help this case. I hope so.

Slab City has some people living there who they tend to notice "outsiders," but there's definitely a lot of "nothing" out that way. And now that we're looking at CL possibly being "off the grid" for a longer time period, Salton Sea would be possible (since the 30 miles would be from the south entrance to JTNP, rather than the North, 29 Palms entrance).

Bird hunting?

where is Lake Perris...it's mentioned on the WRHR site......I know I'm beating a dead horse or should I say donkey as I can't shake the feeling that EC may be with the ceramic donkey that IM cared soooo much about that she felt compelled to write about it and post to the WRHR website and her social media page....the only mention EC gets is due to a photo she(EC) took at the ranch....and I know we've been told that CL lived in Ak. but how is this for eerie....
story dated Feb.1991....
http://articles.latimes.com/1991-02-20/news/mn-1616_1_twentynine-palms/2

What came to mind was Salton Sea area for whatever reason, it's about 30 miles from JT. I've hunted down there. Passed through a few years ago, it was like a ghost town there now. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salton_Sea

There's some places out there if anyone likes off the beaten path areas such as Slab City, an abandoned Marine training area. http://www.slab-city.com/
My personal fave, Salvation Mountain-http://www.salvationmountain.us/

IMO a reward might just help this case. I hope so.

They so seldom help...most people will come forward without needing a reward, if they are going to at all. And anyone with real info had better be able to explain how they know any details. Imo, just have not seen rewards work very often...but I can understand the need by a family to try.

From my link above:

A spokesman for the San Bernardino County District Attorney's Office confirmed Wednesday that prosecutors have received the case from the sheriff's department. The case is pending review for possible prosecution.

Some pics of the pond can be seen here:

http://fordrinksandtips.com/2011/11/11/the-29-palms-inn/

Map of the grounds at 29 Palms Inn, showing pond location:

http://www.rainperry.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/groundsmap.jpg

Good questions! Oasis of Mara is surrounded by enormous palm trees and always looks fairly left alone and primitive. There is a boat structure on one end that can be rented out as a room. Other than that it is extremely dark there at night and very quiet. Anyone visiting the property has access to it at any hour. During the day people stroll around the property and maids and workers are bustling around. I've stayed there severely times in the the past. It is only visible to people on the property, not from the street. It would be very easy to toss something in there and have it stay put, IMO.

With the DA getting the case, sounds to me like LE has gotten some forensics back.

From my link above:

A spokesman for the San Bernardino County District Attorney's Office confirmed Wednesday that prosecutors have received the case from the sheriff's department. The case is pending review for possible prosecution.

Aren't they referring to CL's arrest for the potato gun?

Slab City has some people living there who they tend to notice "outsiders," but there's definitely a lot of "nothing" out that way. And now that we're looking at CL possibly being "off the grid" for a longer time period, Salton Sea would be possible (since the 30 miles would be from the south entrance to JTNP, rather than the North, 29 Palms entrance).

Bird hunting?

Salton Sea reminds me of something I heard the other day. Is there a place referred to as the Salt Mine(s) probably in or near JTNP or the Old Mining District in general? I haven't been able to find mention of it anywhere.

If they are sending it to the DAs office they must have more than what we know. I wonder if it was something in that seized uhaul trailer

From my link above:

If they are sending it to the DAs office they must have more than what we know. I wonder if it was something in that seized uhaul trailer

I doubt it, I re read it, I think it's the earlier CL arrest for the potato gun..My bad.

Every post important you never know which post may cause some one to remember something that will really advance the case.

http://www.cardcow.com/90748/desert-salt-mine-amboy-california/

Bird hunting?

Salton Sea reminds me of something I heard the other day. Is there a place referred to as the Salt Mine(s) probably in or near JTNP or the Old Mining District in general? I haven't been able to find mention of it anywhere.

Off Topic - what the what?

There's A Tiny Pool in the Middle of The Mojave Desert, And You Can Swim In It

"Somewhere in the depths of California's Mojave Desert, in a location identifiable only by guarded GPS coordinates, is a tiny pool.

This pool, imagined by Austrian artist Alfredo Barsuglia, is open to the public. All one needs to do is inquire at the MAK Center for Art and Architecture in West Hollywood about the longitude and latitude of the artificial oasis, plopped down in the middle of the arid spaces.
But don't forget to ask for the key, as well.

It will open the pool's cover, unveiling the four-foot by 12-foot body of water for just 24 hours to any one person or small party at a time. Painted white to stand out against the sprawling sand that fills the deserted horizon, the minuscule bit of paradise stands as a Minimalist sculpture abandoned by its maker so that adventurous nomads can experience a moment of pure, tranquil bliss."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/07/02/social-pool-alfredo-barsu_n_5545483.html

I am going to post this and run for cover because I am quite sure most people aren't going to think it's a possibility and many may not even consider it, but it has crossed my mind and have been wondering just what are the chances that this scenario could've happen...

A) What IF EC texted her best friend in TN about going to celebrate the pregnancy and there was some misunderstanding/confusion as to was it JC or CL she was going to be celebrating with? Maybe something was taking for granted and it caused mass confusion about WHO Erin was planning to celebrate with....

B) What if JC texted the best friend (from Erin's phone, pretending it was Erin) and purposely texted it was CL who she was planning the celebration/outing with, so as to provide some distraction/mis-information etc. (cough, cough)

Any thoughts?

Regarding A) ~ I've wondered if Erin was going out with NL to celebrate her pregnancy. This whole time I've been wondering but no one else has mentioned the possibility. That is something two women do. I've never heard of a man saying we're going out to celebrate pregnancy, even in a normal situation. The woman guides that idea and he would go along if she gives a title/reason as to why they're going out. The "celebrate" idea doesn't fit in this circumstance at all. But it does if the two girls were going out with NL believing Erin was pregnant with Jon's baby (or pretending she believed that to be the case).

B) Or, something happened to Erin earlier before 7:00 a.m. because of JC uncovering Erin's plan to meet CL. Another theory I've wondered about especially if Erin didn't show up like C claimed. In that case, someone else made a good point which is then you'd think CL would have tried to call her except if he figured she couldn't make it having something to do with Jon. You'd think he would have just gone home then himself - especially since there's no hunting in JT. There is in the place north of base though. Could that be where he/they went on Saturday?

Goodnight - hope post makes sense, can't even see straight.

Under one of her pins she also commented about her "damn temper"

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/232005818274116220/

Not sure if anyone's brought this up yet, as I'm still catching up on today's posts, but keep in mind that when you pin something directly from another person on Pinterest, the caption that's already there will also appear with it, UNLESS you click "edit" and change it yourself (you can also go in and edit those captions later on).

In my experience, a huge majority of pinners don't bother to change these captions. There's a BIG chance she didn't even write those first captions/comments. Of course, if someone comments and she replies, those subsequent posts would definitely be hers. Still, some of those pins are quite interesting! I try not to look TOO much into it, because if I went missing or was suspected of something unsavory, my Pinterest account wouldn't do me any favors. ;)

Regarding A) ~ I've wondered if Erin was going out with NL to celebrate her pregnancy. This whole time I've been wondering but no one else has mentioned the possibility. That is something two women do. I've never heard of a man saying we're going out to celebrate pregnancy, even in a normal situation. The woman guides that idea and he would go along if she gives a title/reason as to why they're going out. The "celebrate" idea doesn't fit in this circumstance at all. But it does if the two girls were going out with NL believing Erin was pregnant with Jon's baby (or pretending she believed that to be the case).

B) Or, something happened to Erin earlier before 7:00 a.m. because of JC uncovering Erin's plan to meet CL. Another theory I've wondered about especially if Erin didn't show up like C claimed. In that case, someone else made a good point which is then you'd think CL would have tried to call her except if he figured she couldn't make it having something to do with Jon. You'd think he would have just gone home then himself - especially since there's no hunting in JT. There is in the place north of base though. Could that be where he/they went on Saturday?

Goodnight - hope post makes sense, can't even see straight.

I fear the celebration was actually CL using that as his "lure" to get her to meet up with him. And didn't she also mention hunting as part of that lovely romantic moment? I so do not wish to come across as sexist, but two women out hunting together, unless it's for shoes, one would think is not a real common occurrence.

CL baiting her, which disgusts me to even think about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member