Small Details that are interesting in the Cooper Harris case, #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
My dad died at home around 5:30pm on the night before his birthday. My mom asked if it was ok if he wasn't picked up until after midnight so it would be his birthday when she last saw him. That's what happened and I don't recall any bad smells even though he was dead for seven hours before he was removed from home. JMO.

Sorry about your father. I had a similar experience with my Mom. The difference with Cooper though is that he died in a hot car and was in that hot car for hours afterward.

Good Morning American ABC's legal consultant said the AJC report would not have made any difference in the PCH.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki View Post
Good Morning America
Dan Abrams

" I think that the police officer if this article is accurate may have overstated the case but I don't think it's going to lead to the case getting dismissed. I don't think it would have led the judge to have done anything differently."

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/geor...tions-24659906
Thank you so much for sharing this info. Very interesting that Good Morning America ABC legal analyst thought the AJC info would not have led the judge to do anything differently.

ITA. I was just commenting that some people believe Stoddard deliberately mislead (lied) in a statement or two therefore nothing he said is believable. I don't believe he lied at all. Thanks for your link.

I looked in the Grand Jury thread for an answer and couldn't find it. It is my understanding that RH is being held with no bond until the outcome of the Grand Jury decision. But does that mean that the currently sitting Grand Jury is the one to weigh the evidence or can it be the next GJ (I think they sit for 3 months)............seems to me that time is of the essence as far as how long RH can be held without bond without being CHARGED. Anyone know how long he can be held? If prosecutors still have not completed their investigation to present to the GJ, it seems to me that by law RH will be released after a certain amount of
time. What are the time constrictions here?? Very confused. JMO *Also, this is why I miss a general discussion thread. Posters who may know answers could be on some other thread and never even see the question posed.

Honestly, does this FBS only apply in cars?
Do people leave their babies in restaurants, drug stores and malls for hours before remembering? Having false memories of dropping the child off at day care?
I haven't heard about it
but that's not really news worthy if they did. *Snip*

It's not exactly the same, but you do hear in the news about drivers who forget their child or spouse at highway rest stops and gas stations and travel on for miles before realizing.

IMHO babies are seldom forgotten at malls, stores and restaurants because unlike in a car, there's nowhere to really "put them down" long enough to walk off and forget them. They're in the parent's arms, a stroller, carrier or highchair if in a restaurant and the parent is conditioned to keeping an eye on them so they aren't taken by a stranger. The baby and parent are out in public and there's a natural tendency for the parent to be vigilant. Whereas in a car, the baby is secured in a carseat and that extra sense of vigilance doesn't kick in until it's time to get out.

Did RH ever say whether he reached back with one hand to try and rouse CH once he realized he was in the car but before he could pull into the shopping plaza? Once when driving with my oldest son as a baby, I looked in the mirror and realized he'd been asleep a long time. I was very worried about SIDS as a new mom and I reached back with one hand (I could do this because I drove a compact car), brushing his face to try to awaken him. It was scary when he didn't move, but as soon as I pulled over and checked him he turned out to be fine, just sleeping soundly.

If RH reached back and felt how stiff CH was, he no doubt knew his son was gone. It's hard to imagine a parent NOT reaching back, especially with the child so close, even as he/she tried to find the nearest safe spot to pull over.

IMO Ross asked to be picked up to go to lunch, asked to be taken to HD to buy light bulbs so that he could have a reason to ask to be dropped off at his car to stash them, all for the purpose of being able to check to see if it was a "mission accomplished". I also think that RH really did "dread" the visuals of his deed, which is why the witness was the one trying CPR and RH was on the phone avoiding seeing or touching Cooper. Putting a supposedly "choking" baby on frying pan HOT pavement may have been not such a good idea for the "visuals" either. JMO

You bring up a very good point. If Ross truly believed that Cooper was still alive and choking when he stopped the car, there is no way that he would have placed him down on the hot pavement. A normal reaction to a child choking would be to lift up and hold the child, trying to administer the Heimlich maneuver by applying blows to the child's back. No parent would lay a choking baby down flat on their back onto the pavement. He KNEW that Cooper was already dead.

So the AJC reporters and Harris' brother are hanging onto the "fact" that Stoddard was "not" honest during his testimony at the hearing because of the video that they "reviewed" showing that Harris was in his car for "about 15 seconds" instead of about 30 and because they interpreted the walk to the office after lunch differently. So what is their excuse for Harris to "forget" that Cooper was in the car 30 seconds after he strapped Cooper into his car seat? We know that Stoddard is not the only person that has said, and tested it, how long it takes to get from the Chick Fil A to the stop light where Harris needed to turn left to take Cooper to work. Why is that part being ignored? Why is it that only the parts that are proclaimed to be a personal defamation issue being looked at instead of everything else?

Didn't the friends testify at the PCH that he asked them to?
RSBM
Oh but wouldn't every normal parent's response be to go check him out, see if he was breathing, take him out of the car, call for help, call 911, do CPR and anything to see if he could still be rescued? At that point he hadn't been dead for so long. He'd still be a major modsnip who cared more about his own azz than his son's well being

Well, there were witnesses at the scene who would presumably have seen if Ross had tampered with the seat strap adjustment after taking Cooper out of the car, so it seems like when the police examined the car seat it must have been the same adjustment as when Cooper was in it. In all car seats that I'm familiar with, you have to take the seat out and possibly remove the textil covers in order to change which slots the straps go through.

He'd still be a major modsnip

Alrighty then. I unexpectedly spit a little java on the screen when chuckling this morning.

Cooper's seat's straps were already adjusted/readjusted when Cooper was placed into the infant seat of the Hyundai while at his home. JHR was home alone with Cooper from 7:15a until they departed at 9ish. I truly hope Cooper watched cheerful videos that morning. AMOHOpinion

The other HD guys did not work at the same bldg as JRH. JRH worked in the annex. I thought he walked to meet the guys to go for lunch at Publix, iirc.

What was the crucial reason about dropping off the HD vanity light bulbs? Let's think about why JRH thought it important to drop off a box of lightweight, non-cumbersome, non-perishable vanity lightbulbs at his vehicle instead of taking the bag to his cubicle/desk and grabbing them, along w/his laptop, when leaving work to go to the movie?

moo

He needed a reason to go to the car to see if Cooper was dead, imoo.

Yep. Not to mention, Det. Stoddard testified at the hearing that he could see in the vehicle.

Can't get to my notes/links at the moment, but I'll gladly provide a link when I can.

Quoting my own post to provide link that I didn't have access to last night.

Snipped from CNN transcript at link below, bbm:

UNIDENTIFIED PROSECUTOR: First, before publishing states exhibit 1 to the judge, we explain, can you actually see from outside the car looking through the window the car seat before you even get into the car?

STODDARD: You can.

http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1407/03/wolf.02.html

You bring up a very good point. If Ross truly believed that Cooper was still alive and choking when he stopped the car, there is no way that he would have placed him down on the hot pavement. A normal reaction to a child choking would be to lift up and hold the child, trying to administer the Heimlich maneuver by applying blows to the child's back. No parent would lay a choking baby down flat on their back onto the pavement. He KNEW that Cooper was already dead.

I'm confused. I'm away and haven't really kept up with every page (although I've tried!). Did RH say that he thought Cooper was choking, or the witnesses? I don't think RH would have thought that after realizing he left him in the car, kwim? I think the witnesses at first thought that.

I looked in the Grand Jury thread for an answer and couldn't find it. It is my understanding that RH is being held with no bond until the outcome of the Grand Jury decision. But does that mean that the currently sitting Grand Jury is the one to weigh the evidence or can it be the next GJ (I think they sit for 3 months)............seems to me that time is of the essence as far as how long RH can be held without bond without being CHARGED. Anyone know how long he can be held? If prosecutors still have not completed their investigation to present to the GJ, it seems to me that by law RH will be released after a certain amount of
time. What are the time constrictions here?? Very confused. JMO *Also, this is why I miss a general discussion thread. Posters who may know answers could be on some other thread and never even see the question posed.

Prosecutors and investigators are working to build their case to take to a grand jury within 90 days.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/friend-ross-harris-left-disbelief-after-shocking-h/ngcf8/

I'm confused. I'm away and haven't really kept up with every page (although I've tried!). Did RH say that he thought Cooper was choking, or the witnesses? I don't think RH would have thought that after realizing he left him in the car, kwim? I think the witnesses at first thought that.
'Harris was supposed to drop Cooper to daycare around 9 a.m. last Wednesday but instead went straight to work, allegedly forgetting the boy was strapped in his car seat in the back of the vehicle for seven hours.
But instead of confessing to the tragic blunder – and admitting his baby had been dead for hours – it has been claimed Harris tried to cover his tracks by driving to a nearby shopping center with the dead child and telling onlookers the child had just been choking.'
http://www.georgianewsday.com/news/...-to-die-in-hot-cars.html#sthash.85wYMzhe.dpuf

eta:
'Eyewitness Edward Cockerham, 49, told MailOnline: ‘I was interviewed by the police last night and I told them I thought the guy was acting, he was really over-reacting to the situation.

'I know he had lost his baby but he was acting up more than he should have been. It seemed like acting to me. When he pulled in and people started asking him what had happened, he said that the baby had just started choking.

‘But the baby didn’t look like it had been choking, it looked like it had been sweating, like it had been in a swimming pool, his hair was all wet.'
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...or-awful-day-make-supporters-think-twice.html

It makes me really question why he was keeping his distance. Why didn't he wrap his hands around Cooper and hold him tight?
Between the rigor and the protruding tongue and his eyes, RH knew, yet he just lets the bystanders handle it.
All posts are MOO

And made sure that he was "in the shade". :( jmo

Didn't RH tell LE that Cooper fell asleep, was this when he was leaving Chick-fli-a? I know when I heard/read that I wasn't clear on when it happened so anyone with a better memory than I, please refresh me. If I'm recalling it correctly, and RH told police that Cooper was asleep when he left Chick-fli-A, then RH KNEW Cooper was in the car, how would he know Cooper fell asleep if he didn't turn around and look?

So the AJC reporters and Harris' brother are hanging onto the "fact" that Stoddard was "not" honest during his testimony at the hearing because of the video that they "reviewed" showing that Harris was in his car for "about 15 seconds" instead of about 30 and because they interpreted the walk to the office after lunch differently. So what is their excuse for Harris to "forget" that Cooper was in the car 30 seconds after he strapped Cooper into his car seat? We know that Stoddard is not the only person that has said, and tested it, how long it takes to get from the Chick Fil A to the stop light where Harris needed to turn left to take Cooper to work. Why is that part being ignored? Why is it that only the parts that are proclaimed to be a personal defamation issue being looked at instead of everything else?

LOL... I agree, they do seem to be ignoring that MAJOR part and focusing on this 15 vs. 30 seconds but skipping over the REAL issue.. Good point TorisMom003 :p

Didn't RH tell LE that Cooper fell asleep, was this when he was leaving Chick-fli-a? I know when I heard/read that I wasn't clear on when it happened so anyone with a better memory than I, please refresh me. If I'm recalling it correctly, and RH told police that Cooper was asleep when he left Chick-fli-A, then RH KNEW Cooper was in the car, how would he know Cooper fell asleep if he didn't turn around and look?

1:43 p.m. ET: "His excuse was he fell asleep," Stoddard said, referring to Harris. Stoddard says the boy seemed to be alert and fine at Chick-fil-A. Harris described how he would strap Cooper into his car seat and how he "always gives him a kiss in case he gets into a car accident and dies." Harris told investigators he wanted Cooper's last memory to be that daddy loved him.

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2014/07/03/justin-ross-harris-cooper-toddler-hot-car-death-live-blog

In thinking more about the "dread" Ross stated he had....if Ross is truly all about Ross, maybe his description of Cooper's appearance post-death, which ran dramatically counter to reality and was thought to have been created to spare LeAnna, was more an attempt to kid himself and re-write in his mind a horrific sight that "offended his sensibilities" even though his actual attachment to the child might have been tenuous at best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288