Post verdict discussions #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeh he really slipped up a lot!!! I would have thought that he would have assumed that she had gone to the conference....but wait her handbag and purse are still here!! And what a thoughtful husband to put her hot rollers on..... like the real snag that he wasn't. He really tried far too hard with the acting. Going for a walk was really the only option that had a chance but even that was a long shot once the forensics were brought in.

The hot rollers - a depressed person such as Allison was described by the BC's would not use hot rollers. My sister used hot rollers when we were kids. It takes time and effort. A depressed person would not feel up to all the hair care - hot rollers, salon much less actually standing and separating each section of hair for each roller. But wait, maybe he rolled Allison's hair for her. Nope, doubt it!

IMO

May I add to your sage advice, please? I'd add: Emotional abuse should be every bit as intolerable as physical abuse. We all heard the old adage 'Sticks and Stones' as kids but we know better...emotional abuse is at least as damaging, and sometimes even more so, than physical violence. Many of us wouldn't dream of allowing our children to be bullied but lose sight of it when an adult is facing a similar scenario.

I'd also add this: if you know someone in an abusive relationship, don't give up on them. Don't make them feel a failure or a fool for not leaving. Women stay for a multitude of reasons but often their fear of something worse befalling them keeps them with their abuser. On average, it takes an abused woman leaving 7 (yes, seven) times leaving before she leaves for good. A woman leaving an abusive relationship is at a much higher risk of physical and even lethal violence. If you or someone you know is leaving an abuser, please contact a local intimate partner violence advocacy for help in securing a safety plan.

But yes...bring on the White Ribbon - to wrap around the entire blessed planet. In the UK, two women a week will lose their lives to someone who once said they loved them. In South Africa, three women daily. It has to stop.

Tonight is white ribbon night.

Take the pledge.

http://m.whiteribbon.org.au

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The caterpillar incident.
Folks, has anyone else found it hard to grapple with the fact that the ‘caterpillar incident’, which is the subject of witness 51′s testimony on Day 7, happened on the morning of the 19th!? Was he lucky enough to actually be bitten by something that morning, which he conveniently used to explain his neck and chest scratches? Because these are the only other explanations for this non existent caterpillar that I can suggest are: 1. He could foresee the future and knew she would scratch him that night while he killed her. 2. He already had scratches on his torso that he knew he would need to excuse on the morning of the 20th 3. Witness 51’s evidence was a fabrication.
Thoughts?

Who was witness 51?

Oh for flamin' heck !!!
I just crafted a large piece and hit 'post' and the logon had dropped out. Now I cannot find it - though it autosaved a couple of times :tantrum:

Can anyone help? Is there a way of retrieving what auto-saved?:gaah:

I wondered that also. Even now the girls surname might be changed.

In the town I grew up in, a married man was convicted of murder ( awful- he sexually assaulted a high school girl, killed her & dumped her on a farm) . His wife and children stayed in the town, the children's surname was changed.

Any woman can legally go by their maiden name or married name, they don't have to do any deed poll changes. So it's Allison June Dickie or Allison June Baden-Clay. Unless she changed her name by deed poll to something like "Allison June Dickie Baden-Clay" she can be refered to using her maiden name no worries.

Only the girls would have to cos they have the BC surname on their birth certificates.

Itchy.

1.05pm: The 51st witness in the trial is Cameron Early, who said he met Gerard Baden-Clay through the Brookfield State School P & C and the Brookfield Show Society.

He said he was at the Brookfield State School cross country as a spectator at 9.15am on April 19, 2012.

Mr Early said he was talking to Baden-Clay.

“Gerard and I were talking underneath the trees on the western side of the state school oval and we were watching the cross-country and during mid-conversation … he started all of a sudden pulling forward his left neck, he was standing to my left and said words to the effect of: `oh ****, what was that?’,” he said.

“Indicating he had been bitten by something or there was an agitation of some kind on his neck.”

Mr Early said Baden-Clay continued to complain about the agitation.

“During the course of continued conversation Gerard continued to complain about what had injured his neck, which I presumed was a bug or something…,” he said.

“I observed a mark, a welt I would describe, about an inch and a half on his neck.”

He pointed at Baden-Clay’s collar line to indicate the place where the welt was.

In re-examination by barrister Michael Byrne QC, for Baden-Clay, Mr Early said the accused was scratching the area for “a good few minutes”.

“During the course of that subsequent conversation he continued to be irritated by what had occurred to his neck,” he said.

He said he asked Baden-Clay about the injury when he observed the welt.
Baden-Clay said he was talking to P&C president Cameron Early at the carnival when something bit or stung him on the neck.

http://m.news.com.au/QLD/fi11807482.htm

I've just been thinking. If you were accused of killing your wife but really had nothing to do with it, wouldn't you be begging the police to find the person who really did it? I don't think GBC ever did this at any stage.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Watter-both-7-Townsville-QLD-April-2014/page2
Hi my friends. I really think it's time to sleuth this. I am very worried that we might have another GBC here. I feel it in my guts, or , you know, head? Heart ?

Please go take a look. I think we are needed over there.

:gaah:My last comment...

No person saw him drop those girls at school and no one saw them at school.
He is sounding very Suss.:tantrum:
OMG, I think he may be crying wolf.
I think he is another GBC. I hope the investigators have treated this as a homicide, before they just accepted his version of events.
They had been in the Family Court for more than 2 years, so he had 2 years to plan.
I don't buy his story at all.
This is Townsville police who investigated this. The husband painted a picture? They believed him.... Hmmm
Sound familiar?
I pray Mum and the girls are in fact hiding, but I just don't trust him at all. I get a really bad feeling about this story.
My Opinion Only

If my wife was scared, and took off with my children for some strange reason, and I was not concerned about her harming them, ..... Well.... I would be acting very very differently.
If I knew my children were living in a terrible situation, and believed they were alive, I would go and change the consent orders , and post on my blog that their Mother is safe to come back home, and I would support her to have 100% care, and allow me to have contact at an approved contact centre, and when the girls are happy to have more, then I would be agreeable to spend more time with them.
This is not on offer at all?
My concern is, there is a huge smoke screen here. The Father just shows one side to a story, and he's acting very strange. Soooo many people are getting sucked in ? GBC revisited ?
:tantrum:
I pray that these Girls and their Mum are still alive :tantrum:

May I add to your sage advice, please? I'd add: Emotional abuse should be every bit as intolerable as physical abuse. We all heard the old adage 'Sticks and Stones' as kids but we know better...emotional abuse is at least as damaging, and sometimes even more so, than physical violence. Many of us wouldn't dream of allowing our children to be bullied but lose sight of it when an adult is facing a similar scenario.

I'd also add this: if you know someone in an abusive relationship, don't give up on them. Don't make them feel a failure or a fool for not leaving. Women stay for a multitude of reasons but often their fear of something worse befalling them keeps them with their abuser. On average, it takes an abused woman leaving 7 (yes, seven) times leaving before she leaves for good. A woman leaving an abusive relationship is at a much higher risk of physical and even lethal violence. If you or someone you know is leaving an abuser, please contact a local intimate partner violence advocacy for help in securing a safety plan.

But yes...bring on the White Ribbon - to wrap around the entire blessed planet. In the UK, two women a week will lose their lives to someone who once said they loved them. In South Africa, three women daily. It has to stop.

Wow, I didn't know this, Thank you for this information. :tantrum:

On average, it takes an abused woman leaving 7 (yes, seven) times leaving before she leaves for good. A woman leaving an abusive relationship is at a much higher risk of physical and even lethal violence.

I went to the bridge really late this week and it was so dark, cold and just isolated...I could not get out of my car to head over to the monument... It was too dark and just sad. Poor Allison, such a horrible thing.

Any woman can legally go by their maiden name or married name, they don't have to do any deed poll changes. So it's Allison June Dickie or Allison June Baden-Clay. Unless she changed her name by deed poll to something like "Allison June Dickie Baden-Clay" she can be refered to using her maiden name no worries.

Only the girls would have to cos they have the BC surname on their birth certificates.

Myself and the post I replied to was only referring to the girl's surname being changed.

In circumstances where one parent is deceased and the other in prison - would minor children's surname be able to be changed without permission from the parent in prison, I wonder?

Myself and the post I replied to was only referring to the girl's surname being changed.

In circumstances where one parent is deceased and the other in prison - would minor children's surname be able to be changed without permission from the parent in prison, I wonder?
I'd say most likely no unless that parent's parental rights are severely inhibited or terminated - which, in my experience, family courts are resistant to doing. There's a (somewhat misguided) approach that access to both parents is always! in the best interest of the child - and the parent(s) have constitutionally protected rights to parent their child(ren). As such, courts are hesitant to permanently remove parents from a child's life. That said, some jurisdictions allow for parental right termination on the very basis one parent murdered another.

In my situation, the court only suspended visitation, despite ample evidence of mental health issues and domestic violence, after my ex plead guilty to a sexual charge against a child. (He drugged and raped his 14 year old niece.) I was granted permission, despite his objection from prison, by the court to move my children abroad (Wisconsin -> England) but I am legally required to keep him apprised of our address, phone, and email. Any further modifications (like my new husband adopting, name change, etc.) would require I petition the Wisconsin court...which also requires I notify the other parent of my wishes. He could then object and it would be up to a judge to decide.

Here's where family courts fall apart most, in my opinion...if I don't follow the terms of the court order - it's me (who isn't abusive and hasn't ever harmed a child) who could actually lose custody to him, at least in theory, based on Wisconsin law. And folks wonder what keeps abused women staying in a marriage. There has to be massive reform in family courts pretty much globally ime.

JMO, FWIW

I've had a terrible wake up...my youngest daughter, drug addict, has assaulted her 3 year old
daughter. My other two daughters have been made guardians of her two children.
My eldest two daughters lives are going to change forever, their children's lives as well, one even has to move into a bigger
house, one has to defer uni.
My tiny granddaughter was in Canberra hospital for 4 days. All our hearts are scared and broken.
But the thing is I am supporting my poor hopeless daughter, going to court, buying her healthy food,
loving her. My other two daughters understand but don't really.
I now understand how GBCs family have continued to support him....OMG, I love my daughter with
my soul even though I am horrified by what's happened.
Parents love is bloody awful, we just cannot turn our backs

Generally speaking the answer is yes (provided that their names haven't been changed previously, QLD only allows 1 change of name before a child turns 18 from memory, 3 in total during their life).

I don't know the legal arrangements that the Dickies have in relation to custody of the BC children, if they are court appointed guardians then they can apply to change their name/s and GBC's permission is not required.

If it is not a court appointed arrangement then the Dickies can apply to the Magistrates Court for an order permitting them to change the names of any children under their care, in the circumstances I'd very much doubt that such an application would be refused.

I've had a terrible wake up...my youngest daughter, drug addict, has assaulted her 3 year old
My eldest two daughters lives are going to change forever, their children's lives as well, one even has to move into a bigger
My tiny granddaughter was in Canberra hospital for 4 days. All our hearts are scared and broken.
But the thing is I am supporting my poor hopeless daughter, going to court, buying her healthy food,
I now understand how GBCs family have continued to support him....OMG, I love my daughter with

All strength to you Ollijack. I hope things improve. And no, you can't turn your back. Hopefully you will see her through this addiction. xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's awful ollijack. I can only hope that your granddaughter is recovering well and your daughter will see this as a wake up call that will see her seek help. Best wishes to you all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong