Post verdict discussions #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had a terrible wake up...my youngest daughter, drug addict, has assaulted her 3 year old
daughter. My other two daughters have been made guardians of her two children.
My eldest two daughters lives are going to change forever, their children's lives as well, one even has to move into a bigger
house, one has to defer uni.
My tiny granddaughter was in Canberra hospital for 4 days. All our hearts are scared and broken.
But the thing is I am supporting my poor hopeless daughter, going to court, buying her healthy food,
loving her. My other two daughters understand but don't really.
I now understand how GBCs family have continued to support him....OMG, I love my daughter with
my soul even though I am horrified by what's happened.
Parents love is bloody awful, we just cannot turn our backs

OJ, thoughts and love with you all. I understand completely. We love our kids, no matter what. But I doubt you'd lie under oath to defend your daughter. You are a good mum and grandmum

Sent from my ZTE T81 using Tapatalk

Thankyou sweet BreakingN,
No I wouldn't lie, I actually said to the most amazing police woman, who I have
gotten to know that I could strangle my daughter for what she has done.
Oh dear lol, Luckily she understood what I meant....
*advertiser censored*

Having grown up with a drug addict sister I saw the detrimental effect it had on my parents and has on us other siblings. It had been my wishes that my parents had at least an enjoyable and stress free time in their last few years before they passed away. Thankfully my father developed dementia so at the end of his life he was beyond knowing and caring. I am grateful for that! However, even in the last week of my mother's life (and my sister knew this) my sister continued to vent how she was depressed etc, and despite my mum knowing she couldn't help any more she never had that opportunity to relax and enjoy herself, something us other siblings are angry about. We still support our sister (never financially) but we all feel such sadness about how she made our parent's lives incredibly tough. As well, because my sister took up all their time it meant the rest of us missed out on having a normal relationship with them.

I feel for you and understand a parent's love is unconditional. I hope that your daughter is able to overcome her addiction and that her daughter recovers and isn't affected long term by the assault.

Oh wow, that is too close for comfort your story, thankyou so so much for sharing that. My heart is sad for you.
I don't know how GBCs family can recover from this, Olivia and Adam have been put into the background for 2+ years.
Do they feel resentment towards Gerard?

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...victed-badenclay/story-fni0cx12-1226993703649

The jigsaw bits that convicted Baden-Clay
by Andrew Carswell, The Daily Telegraph.

No one saw Gerard Baden-Clay murder his wife Allison... but from their investigations, QLD Police detectives knew that they had their man; Crown prosecutor Todd Fuller QC proceeded to build a case based on eyebrow-raising circumstances ..."Each piece of evidence alone was insignificant. Together they lead to an unmissable conclusion".

Prominent Melbourne barrister Dr Ian Freckelton believes a case crammed with circumstantial evidence is often advantageous for the prosecution, given they slowly paint a picture of guilt that jurers cannot ignore. He claimed murder convictions based almost entirely on circumstantial evidence were, as such, not as rare as most would imagine.

“It is far from unusual. Most murderers don’t like to be seen doing their crime, most murderers don’t like to admit anything, so it often comes down to utilizing other forms of information enabling a logical connections to be drawn.’’

For the Jury staring down at Baden-Clay, those connections were simply too compelling to ignore.

Thank you to the QLD Police & Detectives, CP Todd Fuller and the Jury of 12 reasonable people for a conviction of Gerard Baden-Clay for the murder of Allison Baden-Clay, a murder which impacted our collective community consciousness. Justice has been done and has been seen to be done. He had a fair trial.

I had to chuckle when I heard his wedding speech went for an hour and a half OMG and it was about him, no wonder he wanted to get up on the stand and talk about himself again.

An hour and a half?!

Was he trying to keep guests away from racking up a bar tab??

I got my yellow top (and matching headband!) for Aug 1!

I wish that somehow Allison could see how she is loved by all of us who may never have even heard her name until 2012.

I wish that somehow Allison could see how she is loved by all of us who may never have even heard her name until 2012.

Did I miss something ? Is that an all over thing ?

I just so hope the manipulating conman is doing it tough. I hope his night's are haunted by Allisons face.

I just so hope the manipulating conman is doing it tough. I hope his night's are haunted by Allisons face.

Allison you really had the last laugh and I do hope he writhes with regret every 24/7 that passes. GBC thought he could get it all but Allison put a stop to his plans of collecting the insurance, the money from the investment property and his planned 60 minutes freedom interview. Step by step it all unravelled.

Like bread crumbs left for our boyz in blue you sent your murderer to gaol for life. It could NOT have happened without you. But you paid the ultimate sacrifice for the safety of your babies.
A true heroine for abused women for generations to come.

I just noticed that there is a certain team member now removed from the "our team" section of the real estate agency said person was working prior to her paid ACA affair, seems that pay packet could not come quick enough

I understand why Elaine walked out before she could hear Allison's loved ones victim impact statements. I think she was almost promised a different outcome.
The word 'Guilty' saw 60 Minutes windfall slip from their greedy fingertips. She obviously believed they deserved it.
Elaine wasn't up to hearing how Allison's loved ones felt as her anger was far more important.

Did I miss something ? Is that an all over thing ?

Yellow Day will be a tribute to Allison

22nd Jul 2014

THE family and friends of Allison Baden-Clay have created Wear Yellow Day for Allison and Strive to be Kind so she will always be remembered.

Allison impacted on the lives of all those who knew her because of her generous nature and kind soul, they said.

Next Friday, August 1, everyone is encouraged to wear yellow and to live with compassion and love for one another, whether it be providing essential items to someone in need, doing a chore for an elderly person or something as simple as holding open the door for someone

http://www.qt.com.au/news/yellow-day-will-be-a-tribute-to-allison/2325381/

Shaking violently, Baden-Clay stood with his eyes closed and his hands clasped tightly together, as the jury of seven men and five women delivered their verdict about 11.50am on Tuesday, after deliberating for nearly 22 hours.

Shaking violently, Baden-Clay stood with his eyes closed and his hands clasped tightly together, as the jury of seven men and five women delivered their verdict about 11.50am on Tuesday, after deliberating for nearly 22 hours.

GUILTYYes it's true! I wanted to hear it again at least three times. :happydance:

http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/...ty-of-murdering-wife-allison-baden-clay/?cs=7

Hi Britskate

I admire your honest account.

You are true and brave and helpful beyond your residential zone.

Please speak as you do - often and more so - please - too many well meaning good and intelligent and well educated in positions to help - who are otherwise unable to conceive the reality of so so many.

So rough a task to request.

But otherwise this burden :
It falls upon the most beaten, downtrodden, knocked and MOCKED....

I FEEL a spirit in you that is not available to a lot of us; that is a massive struggle for the rest of us to express.

I'm getting braver, but I'm gutless too.

I gave up on everything I believed in and fought to hold onto when it was the worst thing for the children and me to stay, and I was fairly certain a future on our own could be catastrophic in so so many other ways : financially, home security, his onslaughts (physical, emotional, financial, plus his threats and his monitoring and endless lies to family, friends and the law).

Lawyers, LAW in Australia - don't get it (of all places) It's tough being yourself: good, kind, respectful, having faith in the system (especially when you/I/one did not let their own family in - bruises, threats, lies, ah the details)

Please speak more: Huffington Post, etc. You choose. I have the story but not the strength (I think that's the biggest problem - for most - worn down - lost faith in the system (whatever country) let alone lost faith in the person we trusted to share equally in our lives and those of our children's.

I try to forgive the lawyers and psychologists before the Family Court, the Judges... Let's face it : how could they ever conceive the reality shared by so many. They do their best. With all their KNOW & SENSE - can they really feel the punches, kicks, TRICKS! ? (they can't jmo)

We don't speak. We're in a corner of threat to survival - speak, and immediately someone suggests our truth is drama, manipulation....

You speak fairly, clearly and plainly.

Speak more please!

Often and ever.

Xx

Oh Dear Sweet Consider.

I was a very intelligent teacher raised by beautiful loving happy parents and was married to a QLD Police Copper. He was a controlling man and would say the weirdest things questioning me loudly about my afternoon activities and time of getting home etc and then out of the blue say: "Put the scissors down now. Stop trying to stab me, please calm down baby"!!!!

I was not doing anything, just standing there being questioned like everyday so this would shock me that he could think up new tricks to say loudly so the neighbours thought I was crazy.

And when he was saying that loudly I was punched in stomach, eye, then put in a chokehold so quickly my groans were over talked by his 'lovely calming talk' the neighbours would hear.

It was so disgusting no one would believe me at school or doctors either.

I feel and know what they do. After nine yrs I rang Mum and Dad and went back to live in one of their rental houses (paying of course), but it took 10 more yrs till they saw him in the 'real act' finally as he was demanding money from them.

Please grow stronger sweetie xxxx

Oh Dear Sweet Consider.

I was a very intelligent teacher raised by beautiful loving happy parents and was married to a QLD Police Copper. He was a controlling man and would say the weirdest things questioning me loudly about my afternoon activities and time of getting home etc and then out of the blue say: "Put the scissors down now. Stop trying to stab me, please calm down baby"!!!!

And when he was saying that loudly I was punched in stomach, eye, then put in a chokehold so quickly my groans were over talked by his 'lovely calming talk' the neighbours would hear.

I feel and know what they do. After nine yrs I rang Mum and Dad and went back to live in one of their rental houses (paying of course), but it took 10 more yrs till they saw him in the 'real act' finally as he was demanding money from them.

All strength to you Berry. Bless you xx

Oh Dear Sweet Consider.

I was not doing anything, just standing there being questioned like everyday so this would shock me that he could think up new tricks to say loudly so the neighbours thought I was crazy.

They make you question yourself. You say to yourself it wasn't that bad when it was.

It always was that bad.

Oh Dear Sweet Consider.

Huge love to you Berry. :rose:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members