GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 girls were 'trespassed' upon. I wonder what that means? If they were in their home that would be breaking and entering or home invasion, right?

RE: the trespassing...
Video (transcript, excuse the caps—a mix of narrator and misc people on camera):

A SUSPECT UNDER ARREST IN CONNECTION WITH THE DISAPPEARANCE OF A NEW HAMPSHIRE TEEN, NATHANIEL IS CHARGED WITH KIDNAPPING ABBI HERNANDEZ NINE MONTHS AGO. HIS ARREST IS ONLY SPARKING NEW QUESTIONS IN THE MYSTERIOUS CASE.

“I WAS HERE WHEN THEY SHOWED UP AND THEN I TOOK THE KIDS AND LEFT BECAUSE I DIDN'T KNOW WHAT WAS GOING ON.”

HE WAS BEING ARRESTED IN CONNECTION WITH KIDNAPPING ABBI.... NO ONE HERE EVER SAW ABBI BUT NOW WONDER IF SHE MIGHT HAVE BEEN HERE THE WHOLE TIME. SHE [a neighbor on camera] HUNG OUT WITH HIM THE WHOLE TIME ABBI WAS MISSING. “YOU KNOW I’VE ALWAYS KNOWN HIM, AND I WOULD NEVER HAVE EVEN CONSIDERED THE POSSIBILITY OF THIS.”

“THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST DAYS I CAN EVER THINK OF.” PAUL IS A CLOSE HERNANDEZ FAMILY FRIEND. HE WAS WITH ABBI'S MOM WHEN SHE GOT THE NEWS OF HIS ARREST. “THE FAMILY FEELS SAFE.”

THOUGH THERE ARE STILL SO MANY QUESTIONS TO BE ANSWERED ALL THE ATTORNEY GENERAL'S OFFICE WOULD TELL US IS THAT THE 34-YEAR-OLD KNOWINGLY CONFINED ABBI. WE HAVE BEEN DIGGING INTO HIS CRIMINAL HISTORY. TWO WEEKS AFTER SHE DISAPPEARED HE WAS ARRESTED ON DRUG POSSESSION CHARGES EVENTUALLY PLEADING GUILTY AND PAYING A FINE. THEN HE WAS ARRESTED ON CHARGES OF SIMPLE ASSAULT AND TRESPASSING. HE ASSAULTED TAMMY SHACKFORD AFTER GETTING INTO A FENDER BENDER WITH HER BOYFRIEND.

[Tammy]: “HE CAME TO MY HOUSE AND ASSAULTED ME. HE RAN UP THE DRIVEWAY. THE POLICE ARRESTED HIM AND DROPPED ALL THE CHARGES AGAINST HIM.”

THAT'S IMPORTANT TO NOTE AS THE ASSAULT CHARGE WAS DROPPED, BUT HE WAS SENTENCED ON A TRESPASSING CHARGE JUST LAST WEDNESDAY, FOUR DAYS BEFORE ABBI RESURFACED. THOSE CHARGES WERE UNRELATED TO HER DISAPPEARANCE.

http://www.wcvb.com/news/arrest-made-in-abigail-hernandez-disappearance/27185334#!bptyLn

He's charged with one count of of felony kidnapping for knowingly confining. IMO, that certainly doesn't sound like LE believes he kept her in a storage container for 9 months and raped her.
And just this morning it didn't sound as if LE had a clue who they were looking for. We know how that worked out.

And just this morning it didn't sound as if LE had a clue who they were looking for. We know how that worked out.

;)

I hope she can sleep a little sounder tonight....knowing he's locked in a cage.

The man charged with kidnapping 15-year-old Abigail Hernandez held her against her will in a storage container behind his home, a Hernandez neighbor and friend told NECN.

bbm; http://www.necn.com/07/28/14/Police...nding_mobile.html?blockID=869765&feedID=11106

From your link
BBM;
"The man charged with kidnapping 15-year-old Abigail Hernandez held her against her will in a storage container behind his trailer, sources tell NECN."

But from NECN Twitter;
Neighbor/friend of Abigail Hernandez kidnapping suspect Nathaniel Kibby says Kibby held her locked in storage container behind trailer."

So it was a neighbor friend of Kibby and the NECN news report was edited later.

I think jail is the wrong place for him. How about a storage container out in the hot sun............

From your link
BBM;
"The man charged with kidnapping 15-year-old Abigail Hernandez held her against her will in a storage container behind his trailer, sources tell NECN."

But from NECN Twitter;
Neighbor/friend of Abigail Hernandez kidnapping suspect Nathaniel Kibby says Kibby held her locked in storage container behind trailer."

So it was a neighbor friend of Kibby and the NECN news report was edited later.
Here is the video. The neighbor wasn't a friend. The neighbor thought perhaps NK could have held Abby in a shipping container. Then the neighbor stated that she didn't know how he could have done that because the trailers are so close together (paraphrasing).
http://www.wlbz2.com/story/news/local/2014/07/28/arrest-made-in-abigail-hernandez-case/13304537/

This is a horror story! Certainly there were clues that someone very dangerous was in the community and be on high alert! Even with basic facts from Abby, that should have been clear! I am so sorry, Abby. May the rest of your life be a beautiful, healthy treasure!

No words. Only that same deep sick feeling, but intensified. and Tears.

So sorry, Abby. We were so close, yet so far.

Sending you love and healing thoughts,

May all your Dreams Come True.

Margarita

2 girls were 'trespassed' upon. I wonder what that means? If they were in their home that would be breaking and entering or home invasion, right?

What does trespassing mean in this case? Were they maybe in their front walkway and he came onto the sidewalk and harassed them?

I dont think they would have a restraining order or he would be charged with breaking that, and not 'trespassing.'

I am so curious what that means.

eta: Maybe they worked in a store or somewhere and he kept going in and bothering them. I think a store owner can throw u out and charge u with trespassing if u keep coming back.

Perhaps "Peeping Tom" type of trespassing?.....

:waitasec:

In regards to the discrepancies in description/sketch etc....She could of been threatened (her families lives, to be taken again) if she provided an accurate description.

Taking the bar exam in two days so I can confidently say:

Trespass is unlawful physical intrusion into another's property.

In this case, it sounds like they told him to go away and he continued to come onto their property (the driveway). Or he could be there and then be asked to leave, and if he refuses, that's trespass.

If he broke into the house or used some type of force, it would be a different charge. Peeping toms also get different charges generally, although they could be charged with trespass as well.

More here:
Kibby, who attended Kennett High in the late 1990s, was in Conway Circuit Court on July 23. He was found guilty of criminal trespass and was given a $1,240 fine which was suspended pending one year of good behavior. A simple assault charge was dropped.

As a part of his plea deal, Kibby is to have no contact with the alleged victims.The assault charge alleged that Kibby pushed a woman to the ground in Redstone in early March. The trespassing charge said he trespassed at the same address where the alleged assault took place.

According to court papers filed by Kibby, the conflict between him and the victims (a man and woman) began when he rear-ended the man in a car accident. Kibby said the man became upset and began to threaten him. Kibby wanted the sheriff's office to investigate because he had no faith in the police which he called "an immoral organized criminal syndicate."

[...]

In 1998, and as a teenager, Kibby was found guilty of assaulting 16-year-old Shawna M. Bova of Bartlett, who was in ninth grade at the time. Kibby grabbed "Bova with his hands, and holding on to her jacket around the neck area preventing her from leaving." At the 1998 trial, Bova testified that she was walking to the school bus to go home on Jan. 21 when Kibby approached her and asked if he could talk to her. She said no, that she had to get on the bus, and he grabbed her left arm with one of his hands and asked again if she would take five minutes to talk to him. Her jacket, she said, was over her right arm.

http://www.berlindailysun.com/index...he-was-a-teen&catid=103:local-news&Itemid=442

continued at the link

ETA: adding another link

http://www.berlindailysun.com/index...mored-vehicle&catid=103:local-news&Itemid=442

Thanks for finding and posting the link, Bessie! Fantastic article too with so many details!

In March Kibby rear-ended a car occupied by a man and a woman. He claimed the man was threatening him. He was charged with simple assault for pushing the woman to the ground (note it is the woman he assaulted, not the man) and with criminal trespass at the location of the assault. Unless the accident took place at the couple's home, that implies to me that the assault/trespassing occurred at a different time, not at the scene of the accident.

After he was charged, police took Kibby's gun. In petitions to the court in March, Kibby wrote ""The accusation is absurd & and not credible based upon my character & and my objectivist libertarian moral code." and "That I am a life long NH resident, possess a stable job, own my own home outright & live a respectable life." Yep--a good, moral man living a respectable life. Delusions of grandeur.

The December fine for marijuana possession stemmed from his October 22nd arrest in Conway at 8:26 pm. Wasn't Abby's letter dated October 23rd?

Kibby is 6'1 and 165 pounds. So taller than the description.

After assaulting the teenage girl while he was a student at Kennett High, Kibby claimed in court that he had a stack of 50 love letters she'd written over their 4-month relationship. The girl said she did not have a romantic relationship with Kibby.

Kibby was banned from Kennett High as well as a local mall. In 1998 when he was 17, he pleaded no contest to using false information to obtain an assault rifle. That same year a judge dismissed a felony drug charge and a theft charge against him after finding his arrest without a warrant was not justified.

This guy has been out of touch with reality since his teen years--paranoid and delusional.

Taking the bar exam in two days so I can confidently say:

Trespass is unlawful physical intrusion into another's property.

In this case, it sounds like they told him to go away and he continued to come onto their property (the driveway). Or he could be there and then be asked to leave, and if he refuses, that's trespass.

If he broke into the house or used some type of force, it would be a different charge. Peeping toms also get different charges generally, although they could be charged with trespass as well.

GOOD LUCK!!!! We are rooting for you. :cheer:

More here:
Kibby, who attended Kennett High in the late 1990s, was in Conway Circuit Court on July 23. He was found guilty of criminal trespass and was given a $1,240 fine which was suspended pending one year of good behavior. A simple assault charge was dropped.

Snipped for brevity. Perhaps Kibby felt that there was a good chance that this court appearance would end with his being put in jail and he decided to release Abby a few days ahead of that time because no one knew she was imprisoned in the storage container (if that turns out to be true)? This could explain Abby suddenly being released.

RE: the trespassing...
Video (transcript, excuse the caps—a mix of narrator and misc people on camera):

A SUSPECT UNDER ARREST IN CONNECTION WITH THE DISAPPEARANCE OF A NEW HAMPSHIRE TEEN, NATHANIEL IS CHARGED WITH KIDNAPPING ABBI HERNANDEZ NINE MONTHS AGO. HIS ARREST IS ONLY SPARKING NEW QUESTIONS IN THE MYSTERIOUS CASE.

“I WAS HERE WHEN THEY SHOWED UP AND THEN I TOOK THE KIDS AND LEFT BECAUSE I DIDN'T KNOW WHAT WAS GOING ON.”

HE WAS BEING ARRESTED IN CONNECTION WITH KIDNAPPING ABBI.... NO ONE HERE EVER SAW ABBI BUT NOW WONDER IF SHE MIGHT HAVE BEEN HERE THE WHOLE TIME. SHE [a neighbor on camera] HUNG OUT WITH HIM THE WHOLE TIME ABBI WAS MISSING. “YOU KNOW I’VE ALWAYS KNOWN HIM, AND I WOULD NEVER HAVE EVEN CONSIDERED THE POSSIBILITY OF THIS.”

“THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST DAYS I CAN EVER THINK OF.” PAUL IS A CLOSE HERNANDEZ FAMILY FRIEND. HE WAS WITH ABBI'S MOM WHEN SHE GOT THE NEWS OF HIS ARREST. “THE FAMILY FEELS SAFE.”

THOUGH THERE ARE STILL SO MANY QUESTIONS TO BE ANSWERED ALL THE ATTORNEY GENERAL'S OFFICE WOULD TELL US IS THAT THE 34-YEAR-OLD KNOWINGLY CONFINED ABBI. WE HAVE BEEN DIGGING INTO HIS CRIMINAL HISTORY. TWO WEEKS AFTER SHE DISAPPEARED HE WAS ARRESTED ON DRUG POSSESSION CHARGES EVENTUALLY PLEADING GUILTY AND PAYING A FINE. THEN HE WAS ARRESTED ON CHARGES OF SIMPLE ASSAULT AND TRESPASSING. HE ASSAULTED TAMMY SHACKFORD AFTER GETTING INTO A FENDER BENDER WITH HER BOYFRIEND.

[Tammy]: “HE CAME TO MY HOUSE AND ASSAULTED ME. HE RAN UP THE DRIVEWAY. THE POLICE ARRESTED HIM AND DROPPED ALL THE CHARGES AGAINST HIM.”

THAT'S IMPORTANT TO NOTE AS THE ASSAULT CHARGE WAS DROPPED, BUT HE WAS SENTENCED ON A TRESPASSING CHARGE JUST LAST WEDNESDAY, FOUR DAYS BEFORE ABBI RESURFACED. THOSE CHARGES WERE UNRELATED TO HER DISAPPEARANCE.

http://www.wcvb.com/news/arrest-made-in-abigail-hernandez-disappearance/27185334#!bptyLn
Appreciate you posting WCVB's transcript to clarify it for everyone. I didn't mean to set off alarms that someone else was held with Abby.
WCVB is MUR's sister station in Boston - it's the same report.

NK lived at 4 Brookside Dr (top of blue line) and worked at EMM Precision (bottom right of map). He had a marijuana arrest on Eastman Rd. just about 2 miles from work on Oct 22, 1013. (That's the same date as on the letter Abby wrote to her mom.) The map indicates NK would have used the north-south road daily getting to and from work. Wondering if Abby's letter to Mom was mailed from Conway (that next day)?

Snipped for brevity. Perhaps Kibby felt that there was a good chance that this court appearance would end with his being put in jail and he decided to release Abby a few days ahead of that time because no one knew she was imprisoned in the storage container (if that turns out to be true)? This could explain Abby suddenly being released.

Could very well explain the timing. If NK did not have a lawyer, and it sounds like he didn't if he was writing to the court himself, he may have expected to serve jail time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa