GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why? Abby is home and there has been an arrest. What is there to be disappointed about?

Can't speak for liljim, but I would imagine that people unfamiliar with court processes may be expecting far more details at the arraignment than are usually given. Perhaps that's what the post was suggesting?

So, do you guys think he grabbed her off the street randomly? Or catfished her?

I don't know why he released her but an so thankful he did. MOO the press had died down considerably in Abby's case. After the receipt of her letter home, the public in general thought well she is gone from home and that is scary but it seems like she is a willing participant.

JMO about the feel this case had after the letter showed up.

Given that situation, he could easily have killed her IMO and disposed of the body and none of us ever would have been the wiser.

I have no clue why he released her, but boy I am so so thankful he did. The alternative is unthinkable.

Unless the details of the warrant are released. That turned everything completely upside down in Alanna Gallagher's case. :(

I'm not sure I'd like to see that at this juncture - I think there's more to come. I am not yet convinced he acted alone. I may find out otherwise today and I will be relieved.

I don't know why he released her but an so thankful he did. MOO the press had died down considerably in Abby's case. After the receipt of her letter home, the public in general thought well she is gone from home and that is scary but it seems like she is a willing participant.

JMO about the feel this case had after the letter showed up.

Given that situation, he could easily have killed her IMO and disposed of the body and none of us ever would have been the wiser.

I have no clue why he released her, but boy I am so so thankful he did. The alternative is unthinkable.

Absolutely. It's truly a miracle that Abby is home safe. Thank God. How on earth can someone recover from something like this? Can't even imagine.

IF Abby were held in the container and used it for shooting....well, that's even more of a health danger for her. Poor kiddo!

Hey, just had an idea...going to run his mug through the image crosscheck. I'll let you know if anything comes up.

eta: nothing so far.

There is also an address listed on superpages for N Kibby, 13 Exchange St, Gorham, NC. (sorry if this has already been posted)
http://wp.superpages.com/people/N-Kibby/Gorham-NH/1948737646

plugging in the phone number

There's also a google plus page/ no postings.

I know Exchange st very well...its a business street in Gorham. Most of the businesses have one or more apartments over it. I have family who used to own a business on that street and lived over it. This was a rental, perhaps before he bought his trailer.

I know Exchange st very well...its a business street in Gorham. Most of the businesses have one or more apartments over it. I have family who used to own a business on that street and lived over it. This was a rental, perhaps before he bought his trailer.

Thank you so much for the local perspective.

God, this is so disgusting.

Why did he release her knowing she could likely lead LE to him? I'm really curious as to the details re: her release.

He could have easily shot her and disposed of the body somewhere but he didn't. I think he fell in love with her in some sick depraved kind of way.

I also think maybe he threatened to kill her if she spoke. At the time he was a free man and he knew where she lived and she probably knew he had guns and was a freak fanatic type.

I also re thinking that sketch. IMO it was the complete opposite of Kibby. He has big blue eyes, full lips, tall, thin, and white skin. the sketch guy had small brown eyes, small lips, short, stocky, and tan skin.

Kibby could have told her to provide false info under threats. And once he saw the sketch he would have been relieved and thought she was complying.

LE could have purposely put out the opposite features on a sketch to throw off the suspect and keep him from fleeing until they located him.

Since they found him it is obvious to me that Abby knew enough details to lead LE to his door.

God, this is so disgusting.

Why did he release her knowing she could likely lead LE to him? I'm really curious as to the details re: her release.
The answers might be found reading about other cases where a young teen girl was abducted, kept for months, and her captor released her. Does anyone know names of such victims?

I think he may have seen her somewhere with someone he knew, looked her up on Facebook and made contact somehow. Remember the early leak by LE that she met an older boy online? Not sure how he avoided an Internet trail though. I don't think it was random. She may have been planning to meet up with him the day she disappeared, unknowing what his plans were for her. Maybe he portrayed himself as a good-"looking older teen from another city. I don't think this was random. I think he was fixated on her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good question. I have a feeling that he targeted her - maybe saw her walking home from school and became obsessed. Stalked her and learned her habits until the time was right to grab her. JMO

Oh poor Abby. I am so glad she is home but my heart aches for what she has been through.

The answers might be found reading about other cases where a young teen girl was abducted, kept for months, and her captor released her. Does anyone know names of such victims?

There was the kidnapped boy who sang gospel songs until it annoyed his kidnapper so much that the kidnapper released him.

Julie Hanes, but she was older and taken by her estranged husband before being released.

This woman managed to con her captor into taking her to the hospital by feigning asthma. http://www.wctv.tv/home/headlines/Florida-Woman-Allegedly---216532851.html

A previous thread referenced a man who had a bunker with multiple victims the police did not remember. He kept them for a while and then released them. John Jamelske. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Jamelske

ETA: Either Abby played upon his sympathies or he was ready to move on to the next victim. I'd guess the latter.

OT: While googling for cases where victims were released by their kidnappers, I found this disturbing site. Might be relevant to other cases?
http://www.experienceproject.com/groups/Want-To-Be-Kidnapped-And-Never-Released/227628

I also suspect a random encounter, probably even one she did not recall, put Abby on her abductor's radar. Once there an obsession may have developed.

Her mom said on occasion she walked home but usually she rode the bus. This one day in particular she decided to walk. Could it have been the wrong place at the wrong time or something more complicated?

Either way she is a child and whatever happened to her is a crime.

While the Mt. Washington Valley region is a rather large area geographically, the population is quite small and people travel around quite a lot -- Conway/North Conway to Lincoln, Glen, Jackson, Gorham, Littleton, etc. and even over into Maine.

When we're in the mountains we usually stay in Bartlett but it's not unusual for us to drive all the way to Jackson for dinner at a good restaurant, or stay in Lincoln and drive over to North Conway for shopping. The locals all know each other because they drive to work over the same routes. There are only a few high schools in the region so everybody either went to school with each other or played against each other in sports.

So it wouldn't surprise me if NK knew Abby from having run into her at a restaurant or store or sporting event or church, or knew her parents, or knew friends of the family, or was related to one of her girlfriends or teachers, or while out hiking or skiing or hunting or whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whimzee