GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see several possibilities, though. If she were drugged, even mildly, that could explain how she could have been there and stayed quiet. It would also explain her weight loss and health. PTSD is also a possibility. It seems like almost everyone who was in captivity and finally got free was afraid of repercussions if they didn't do whatever the perp told them to do while they were kidnapped.
He may have threatened to harm her family if she cried out, spoke to others, etc...

JMO

Add me to the list of people think there will be another arrest and the sketch isn't NK.

I also think he was fixated on AH. My current thought is he met her at the post office while they were each checking on their PO Boxes. That's why the letter went to the PO Box, not her home. Maybe I'm crazy....

Also off topic but just wanted to mention that in my hometown - Christchurch, New Zealand - there is a pedestrian mall built entirely out of shipping containers. It was a quick rebuild solution when the city was destroyed by an earthquake but has since become an attraction in itself. It's really quite amazing how versatile they are.

http://restart.org.nz/gallery

So interesting, Escabeche!

thanks for the pics! :sunshine:

If NK was anticipating being on probation for a year due to the recent trespassing charges, perhaps he released Abigail to avoid a probation officer finding her when visiting his home? He may have thought that threatening her would be enough to keep her quiet; or if she was drugged for the past 9 months and in poor health he may not have imagined she would be able to help investigators.

OT: While googling for cases where victims were released by their kidnappers, I found this disturbing site. Might be relevant to other cases?
http://www.experienceproject.com/groups/Want-To-Be-Kidnapped-And-Never-Released/227628
Respectfully snipped by me...

That site is soooo disturbing! I just read a few of the first page that the link took me to, and didn't click anywhere else and closed out the window. Wow, I can't believe there are really that many people out there who WANT to be kidnapped. I just can't wrap my head around that. Sorry for the OT.

The rest of that article stated that he presented 50 love letters from her as evidence that they were or had been in a relationship.

I don't know that what he presented were letters from his 1998 victim or simply letters he alleged were from her. It is neither here nor there as far as I am concerned. Even if they wre in a relationship at some prior point, NK apparently did not know back then how to take no for an answer when she did not wish to speak with him and he then made attempts to physically restrain her.

To me that is what makes this piece of the perp's history interesting. His decision to restrain her and attempt to force her to stay when she had no wish to. Not whether he did so to a total stranger or to a girl who was his current or past girlfriend.

JMO

That site is soooo disturbing! I just read a few of the first page that the link took me to, and didn't click anywhere else and closed out the window. Wow, I can't believe there are really that many people out there who WANT to be kidnapped. I just can't wrap my head around that. Sorry for the OT, and sorry I'm so far behind in the thread yet...

I found it disturbing myself, and to wonder - some of these teens we deem runaways, did they stumble into this and think it "romantic?"

May I just say...according to my north country friend, rumors are rampant. But probably nothing happening before the press conference.

That site is soooo disturbing! I just read a few of the first page that the link took me to, and didn't click anywhere else and closed out the window. Wow, I can't believe there are really that many people out there who WANT to be kidnapped. I just can't wrap my head around that. Sorry for the OT.

This scene has come up in relation to the Wisconsin suitcase murders and the ex-cop accused of causing the women's death, too.

https://maps.google.com/maps?ll=44....l=US&mapclient=embed&cid=10418141679251652658

Above is a map of the location/address where NEK works...

I wonder if he may have seen Abby from his going to and from his place of work... Or possibly at his lunch breaks if he ventured out for meals, etc...

:waitasec:
Soooo close to her school too.
Remember she was last seen walking away from school, then veered of the main road and onto a path, through the trees, towards the electricity lines. Those lines run parallel to the main road from North Conway to his workplace.
I hate to say this, but I think she was going to meet this guy and he'll be found to be the older guy she met online. We now know from the little info that has came out that he has a possessive nature. I think when it was time for her to go home, he wouldn't allow it and it turned into this 9 month hostage situation.

The description of the POI is way off for that too. 50 something
I'm wondering what his father looks like? Maybe that would explain why some can see a resemblance to the sketch and others can't.

If you google search - "posted by Kibby" - (include the quotes), you get a whole load of results from a Kibby in NH. Posts about engineering knives and doing up an old car. I was getting tired last night and didn't get as far as 'soundproofing shipping containers'.
I wasn't really sure if this was the Kibby that has been arrested, but on reading the latest this morning about his working as an engineering machinist, I am thinking it very well may have been his postings.

The newspaper reported that Kibby approached the victim while she was walking toward the school bus. He grabbed hold of her jacket near her neck, which prevented her from leaving. The victim broke away and Kibby was eventually convicted of assault, the newspaper reported.

Kibby claimed at trial that the victim had written 50 letters to him during a four-month dating relationship, something the victim testified never happened, the newspaper reported.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...ighbors-say/xxTmpK9lpsVN1DfXVgtYoJ/story.html

There was the kidnapped boy who sang gospel songs until it annoyed his kidnapper so much that the kidnapper released him.

Julie Hanes, but she was older and taken by her estranged husband before being released.

This woman managed to con her captor into taking her to the hospital by feigning asthma. http://www.wctv.tv/home/headlines/Florida-Woman-Allegedly---216532851.html

A previous thread referenced a man who had a bunker with multiple victims the police did not remember. He kept them for a while and then released them. John Jamelske. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Jamelske

ETA: Either Abby played upon his sympathies or he was ready to move on to the next victim. I'd guess the latter.

OT: While googling for cases where victims were released by their kidnappers, I found this disturbing site. Might be relevant to other cases?
http://www.experienceproject.com/groups/Want-To-Be-Kidnapped-And-Never-Released/227628

That last link....left me speechless..

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...ighbors-say/xxTmpK9lpsVN1DfXVgtYoJ/story.html

Crystal L, 31, said she grew up around the neighborhood and her father still lives near Kibby, so she visits often.
A cousin, Angel Whitehouse, dated Kibby for several years and even lived with him on Brookside Drive, but they broke up a couple of years ago, L said.
Kibby attended some of L’s family events, she said, keeping mostly quiet. She said he “used to complain” about the government “all the time” and frequently carried a handgun.
L said Kibby was sometimes aggressive toward her cousin when they dated, and that she hadn’t seen him in several months. But she called news of his arrest disturbing
“I was beyond myself,” she said.

(snipped)

The St. G's said the shipping container was added to the property a few years ago. They thought it was to store the motorcycle of Kibby’s then-girlfriend, a woman named Angel. Jeanette said she used to see the couple walking a Doberman pinscher around the neighborhood.
“Everything’s going bad in the world,” she said.
Investigators remain in the area around Kibby’s home.
Town property records list Kibby as the owner of a $19,000 mobile home. The 1,000-square-foot trailer has three bedrooms and two bathrooms, along with a small deck and shed, according to the records.

https://maps.google.com/maps?ll=44....l=US&mapclient=embed&cid=10418141679251652658

Above is a map of the location/address where NEK works...

I wonder if he may have seen Abby from his going to and from his place of work... Or possibly at his lunch breaks if he ventured out for meals, etc...

:waitasec:

Remember the whole hooha over the Dunkin donuts receipt? I wonder if Abby had prior to her abduction mentioned a creepy guy she saw around DD?? (Just thinking out loud)

I apologize if this has been brought up, or is off limits or something, but back on the last thread, someone posted about an abduction attempt (I believe in VA), as a possible suspect. There was a sketch at a link, and it looked EXACTLY like Kibby.

Anyone remember that? I can't find it now, but I do think it was about halfway through the last thread.

Puttin in a plea for some helpful soul/s to transcribe the Presser when it happens. Am on lunch break and will probably be back to work by the time it starts so will miss it.

Just as an aside - this guy is a real gem, isn't he? "Good Christian" with a history of aggression towards women. :rolleyes: And a contradiction I noticed - in one of his letters to the editor he describes himself as an Objectivist libertarian (for those who don't know, Objectivism is the philosophy developed by Ayn Rand). How does he square his religion with his objectivism, given that Rand and her philosophy were both virulently anti-religion?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member