GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Abby just looked terrific! She looked dignified and confident, pretty, hair and makeup perfect. So mature and strong like her mother

I believe that was sarah. I though Abby was on Zenya's right with ponytail?

from tlcya's post:

any indication Abby knew Kibby beforehand
Young: still part of the investigation.

I don't understand...either you do or don't know someone. it's not a grey area.

It was Abby, Sarah was to ZH's right, Abby on the left

Brandon Gunnoe ‏@Brandon_Gunnoe 8m
Abigail Hernandez sitting in court with her mother while alleged kidnapper Nate Kibby is arraigned
View attachment 55862
https://twitter.com/Brandon_Gunnoe

Thank you--I can see it now that I can see clearly the gal seated to Zenya's right. I missed their entry into court and only saw them in court when the camera panned while attys were whispering about their unusual bail request compromise (with no 'probable cause added at that time). This photo angle makes it more clear. :)

I noticed the same. She looks so thin and almost jaundiced. The look in her eyes is heartbreaking. It's difficult to look at her and see that look. My heart goes out to her and her family. I just don't know how her mother sat there and didn't go over and strangle that man with her own bare hands. As a mother I wanted to hurt him. I'm so angry he showed no remorse, his affect was an f you and I'm steaming. What a brave and courageous family to sit there and face him.

I'm glad someone else noticed. I don't want to feel critical about her appearance. Just stating that due to my experience, people don't always look "sick/unhealthy" to a lot of outsiders. This poor girl had to become a woman way too early. Her eyes show so many different emotions, I understand what her mom was saying about the look in her eyes when she got home.
I also agree at how brave and stoic the family is/has been! It truly is amazing. Of course I'm sure the family wouldn't want to put Abby through more by getting arrested for assaulting her alleged kidnapper. That could be why her father was not seen in court. Men typically have a harder time keeping themselves restrained, especially when it comes to someone harming their daughter. I don't think it was confirmed either way whether he was there but nobody saw him, and in my opinion it could have played a part. He may have known he would have gone crazy upon seeing him? JMO

from tlcya's post:

It was not stated that they do not know. Just that releasing that info would jeopardize the ongoing investigation was what I took.

I just got to this thread and haven't read every post, but I wonder if they can connect this guy to the Celina Cass murder? He's about an hour and a half away.

from tlcya's post:

IMO that was a side-step, info they want only to come out in court after preparing their case.

from tlcya's post:

I think Jane Young is just keeping her hand really close in this case. There are so many variables, and there's so much speculation.

Read the note in the edit line. The first post had no link. I added one for you. The subsequent posts didn't include the link I provided. Further, to repeat the same large photo three times within 20 or so posts is spamming, which isn't allowed.

Also, as a friendly reminder, questions about moderator decisions and the rules are supposed to be addressed to the mod in a private message, and not posted in the thread.

:tyou:

Oops :blushing: sorry Bessie! I'm on Tapatalk and can't see the edit line or tell how large the photos showed up! My apologies. Noted for future reference :) thanks so much!

Please.....let's not discuss how the victim AH appears? Give her that dignity and focus on the criminal charges etc. This is not a beauty salon.

She is not to be gawked at like some.....whatever.

from tlcya's post:

I take it to mean either that they know and aren't telling, or they haven't determined that yet. For instance, that she didn't know him and they don't know how he came to target her.

But there's a lot of gray area, too. I mean, there are people at the grocery store checkout who have been doing my groceries for years. They know me when I come through, but I wouldn't say we KNOW each other, y'know?

from tlcya's post:

It is just another way of saying that they are not going to any information about whether the two knew each other and in what capacity while the investigation is ongoing. They have also stated they are still looking for Abby's iPhone and are still searching the suspect's property. They have much more information to gather. To make any statement about details of the case now would be premature.

I believe that was sarah. I though Abby was on Zenya's right with ponytail?

Thanks, I did too, tlcya. While the two sisters look alike, Abby's nose is different from her sister's, and I thought I remembered it to be more straight (the gal in the olive sweater). But apparently the cameraman thought Abby was the gal in the white sweater; he kept noisily cranking the close-up on his camera on her face during the bail discussion.

I'm going to look for pics again...

Thanks, I did too, tlcya. While the two sisters look alike, Abby's nose is different from her sister's, and I thought I remembered it to be more straight (the gal in the olive sweater). But apparently the cameraman thought Abby was the gal in the white sweater; he kept noisily cranking the close-up on his camera on her face during the bail discussion.

I'm going to look for pics again...

If you noticed the AG and her team speaking to Zenya and the girl on her left with her hair down, that should confirm it was Abby =). The AG did not acknowledge Sarah, who was sitting to Zenya's right wearing a ponytail.

I just got to this thread and haven't read every post, but I wonder if they can connect this guy to the Celina Cass murder? He's about an hour and a half away.

Hard to say...an hour and a half in northern NH is actually a great distance, geographically and culturally speaking. For me, :moo: , this crime doesn't match the template of Celina Cass's case. Celina was taken and almost immediately disposed of. Abby was allegedly held in seclusion for several months...and we don't even know what happened while she was detained.

I watched the raw video another poster linked upthread that was about 52 seconds long of Abby coming into the court room. Loved it. She walked in first with confidence and dignity, didn't need to hide behind someone or look over her shoulder for her mother. What a strong girl. As a person who hates the spotlight under the best of circumstances, I also felt for Abby during the arraignment when she could feel the cameras on her she looked quite uncomfortable but was trying to just keep her chin up and eyes forward.

She looked better at first glance than I thought she would....but there was something in her eyes/face, exhaustion? A drawn look around the eyes. She looked so much older than her "missing" pictures, but the stress of it all showed through. (And why wouldn't it?) However, I was so pleased she was there. Is it justice? Not yet. However, she got to leave the court house.....the accused was led away to confinement. What a nice change! Put him in a storage locker.
What kept going through my mind was the woman standing beside Kibby.....how could she tolerate to be even close to him? I know people are innocent until proven guilty in a court, and an arrest does not equal a conviction.....but still, I don't know how some people can represent others. I could see the PD points though, how can you defend someone when you don't have the specifics? I kept hoping "no no no, don't let him out on technicalities!"
When he turned and looked in what I guessed was Abby's direction, I wondered what her reaction was? Or what Zenya's stare would have done had their eyes met?

much of the coverage I saw when Abby entered the courtroom was focused on the defendant. But I think we need to be careful about posting pics of Abby til the investigation is complete. There may be reasons to now avoid showing her image even though its like closing the barn doors after the horses have all escaped. Hoping to not cause any further pain to this young lady since we have no idea what she went through but it could have been very bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave