GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep re-watching the video of Abby coming into the courtroom, this seems so surreal! I've been following this case from the beginning but usually stay quiet. My first thought was that she looked amazing (healthy) but then I noticed in the video how thin she really is..and the darkness under her eyes and the color of her skin. Maybe because I have a chronic illness I can pick up on the little things people usually don't even notice. She does seem to have minor health concerns, but the fact she is out and walking around is amazing. Honestly after 9 months of hell you'd expect something so much more horrible.
Anyway, this proves how amazingly strong she really is. I hope that this investigation is fast moving (yet thorough) so she can put this in the past and move forward.
I think she needs support now more than ever. I am so thankful she is back with her family!
The BAH Facebook page is saying the same thing and asking everyone to post welcome home pics.

from tlcya's post:

any indication Abby knew Kibby beforehand
Young: still part of the investigation.

I don't understand...either you do or don't know someone. it's not a grey area.

Probably playing it close to the vest. Or, perhaps he misrepresented himself online in a catfishing type situation?

It is just another way of saying that they are not going to any information about whether the two knew each other and in what capacity while the investigation is ongoing. They have also stated they are still looking for Abby's iPhone and are still searching the suspect's property. They have much more information to gather. To make any statement about details of the case now would be premature.
Thanks for reminding us LE still has not found Abby's iPhone...

JMO...

I wonder if Kibby was on probation for any of the other charges?

Speculating: If Abby was indeed kept/held in the storage container, what amenities (rough albeit) could it have had?

Small container. Room for a cot or bed. If not plumbed or not run with electricity a sawdust/composting abode could have been utilized. A generator could have been used to generate light or power when needed.

Water Could have been delivered by the gallon.

She looked better at first glance than I thought she would....but there was something in her eyes/face, exhaustion? A drawn look around the eyes. She looked so much older than her "missing" pictures, but the stress of it all showed through. (And why wouldn't it?) However, I was so pleased she was there. Is it justice? Not yet. However, she got to leave the court house.....the accused was led away to confinement. What a nice change! Put him in a storage locker.
What kept going through my mind was the woman standing beside Kibby.....how could she tolerate to be even close to him? I know people are innocent until proven guilty in a court, and an arrest does not equal a conviction.....but still, I don't know how some people can represent others. I could see the PD points though, how can you defend someone when you don't have the specifics? I kept hoping "no no no, don't let him out on technicalities!"
When he turned and looked in what I guessed was Abby's direction, I wondered what her reaction was? Or what Zenya's stare would have done had their eyes met?

It's an arraignment - you're not really defending the case, you're deciding what to plead and negotiating bond. Basically, procedural matters. Almost everyone pleads not guilty, it has very little to do with the facts of the case.

And our country is founded upon the idea that everyone is entitled to representation - many people were probably asking why John Adams defended the British soldiers for the Boston Massacre. It's how our country works.

I can't be the only one who thinks this creep resembles Zachary Adams, right? (The first one arrested for Holly Bobo's murder)

Abby (from 'missing' posters):

Abby's older sister at trial (white sweater):

Abby's sister has a nose more like her mother's.

IMO that is without a doubt Abby and not her sister. Her sister was sitting on the other side of Zenya.

In regards to the pictures of Abby above ( I didn't want to quote and repost the big pics unnecessarily). That sweet smile she has in the one picture makes me tear up. I pray she will soon show that beautiful smile and happiness inside that shines through.

Did my heart good to lay my eyes on her.
She's a strong one:)

So State Law in New Hampshire for kidnapping can be a Felony Class B with a max 7 years? Seems people need to band together and get that punishment amended.

I know that the founding of your country and mine shares that common legal heritage....and one must be proven guilty. I find I must temper the excitement of "they caught the guy" with "they caught a guy who is hopefully the guy" Good thing I'm not a lawyer or the system would be even more messed up.

<modsnip>

Thanks for finding that. Don't get creeped out-start calling and writing your State Legs and Senators. Let's get an 'Abby Law' going.

I know that the founding of your country and mine shares that common legal heritage....and one must be proven guilty. I find I must temper the excitement of "they caught the guy" with "they caught a guy who is hopefully the guy" Good thing I'm not a lawyer or the system would be even more messed up.

I'm a private criminal defense attorney, and I will admit, sometimes it's very tough. Focusing on the constitution really helps in those circumstances. Other times, the defendant may have committed a crime, but they are also remorseful, or have mitigating circumstances, or some sort of personal story that introduces shades of gray into the case. I will admit, I have to spend a lot of time putting my personal feelings aside, though.

Massive speculation on my part: the AR-15 forum linked upthread (and here) included a post from "Kibby" that talked about the kitty litter toilet system he had created for his RV.

It gave me the creepy-crawlies something wicked.

yes, I noticed the posts on that site but did not know if it was linked here or if it could be. I wasn't confident enough that it was our perps. At least not 100%. <self snip - reason that is not perp's online presence>

No. Abby was sitting on the end of the bench to Zenya's left. 100% certain of this.

Well, the cameraman seemed to think also that was Abby in white. I'm still browsing photos, though. If that's Abby, it sure doesn't resemble the profile of her in the 'Missing' poster (striped sweater). The gal in the white has two distinct bends to her nose (like mom) and also a slight double chin.

yes, I noticed the posts on that site but did not know if it was linked here or if it could be. I wasn't confident enough that it was our perps. At least not 100%. but If y'all are looking at it already did you see the the sawed off photos? Trying to tell where those were taken. In a workshop or in the container? Because IF in the container, it would see pretty cramped in there to keep Abby on top of all the stuff already in there. Unless he moved the ATV etc out and tarped them to make room for Abby.

I got a somewhat iffy feeling about what I was posting, so I messaged one of our wonderful mods to see if I was within parameters. I certainly don't want to overstep my bounds. That said...I haven't seen the depth of stuff that you have at this point...

I'm a private criminal defense attorney, and I will admit, sometimes it's very tough. Focusing on the constitution really helps in those circumstances. Other times, the defendant may have committed a crime, but they are also remorseful, or have mitigating circumstances, or some sort of personal story that introduces shades of gray into the case. I will admit, I have to spend a lot of time putting my personal feelings aside, though.

I've always said defense attorneys must really love the law!
Nothing but respect from me. Must be one of the hardest jobs in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie