Rita Tangredi, 31, and Colleen McNamee, 20, 1993-94 ** John Bittrolff ARRESTED **

Status
Not open for further replies.
fair enough marie but you think nothing points to him? What in your opinion has JB been doing for the last 20 years? Do you think he only killed those two girls and went on to live a normal happy life without killing anyone else or do you think he has other victims...just not the bodies near his home in manorville or OP?
im really on the fence with this.it would be great if he did do all of these murders,it is a scary thought that on this small island there could be 2 or 3 serial killers.i think what gets me the most is that he posed these poor women and that's what makes me think that he didn't just stop killing.i can see if he killed them and left them any way and there different but when the scenes are set to look the same then that's what makes me think that he is connected to others.just mho.

Very little news out there at the moment about today's court date.

http://7online.com/news/suspect-in-2-li-cold-case-murders-heads-to-court/226003/

This article (like all the others) reiterates that there is zero evidence to connect JB to Gilgo. It, like all the others, does not mention the Manorville victims at all.
Just like their was no evidence on JB for the last 20 year's as he roamed the streets known as the greatest guy. I don't just go by what some article tells me to think. I do my own research and that is what we are doing here.

Plus the 2 girls he charged with plus possibly Sandra Costilla...thats three girls in 3 months when he was only 27. he's obviously a serial killer no one can deny that.

fair enough marie but you think nothing points to him? What in your opinion has JB been doing for the last 20 years? Do you think he only killed those two girls and went on to live a normal happy life without killing anyone else or do you think he has other victims...just not the bodies near his home in manorville or OP?

I have no idea what he's been doing over the last 20 years. All I know is that there's no evidence to connect him to GB4, and I'm not able to make a connection without feeling like I'm heading into fantasyland due to lack of logical evidence. If something is uncovered that is a definitive link, then I'm more than happy to change my theory. I think that it would be very convenient if it turned out to be one killer (and I know that many people wish it to be true), but that's not the way it looks to me. Not everyone who kills people turns out to be a Hollywood stereotype of a serial killer-and that's how it feels reading some of the theories that are discussed.

So, yes...I think that nothing points to him right now, and it's just a weird leap to connect him without any evidence. MOO.

Just like their was no evidence on JB for the last 20 year's as he roamed the streets known as the greatest guy. I don't just go by what some article tells me to think. I do my own research and that is what we are doing here.

BBM

Nor do I. I don't recall seeing anything in any of my posts where I told anybody what to think. I simply have been linking articles that are covering the case because they can be helpful in providing information about what LE is doing. Please disregard my article links if you feel like they're trying to tell you what to think.

That was my immediate first thought, too - haircut, mustache, the shirt, other "intangibles". That would be a Psych 101 diagnosis, though (rage over his self-imposed denial, yadda yadda).

av1usl.jpg
2m34llt.jpg

Um, how old are you guys? Cause looking back, just about every straight dude in the late 80s/early 90s "looked gay" by today's standards. But I'm old enough to remember that time period well! ;-)

I have no idea what he's been doing over the last 20 years. All I know is that there's no evidence to connect him to GB4, and I'm not able to make a connection without feeling like I'm heading into fantasyland due to lack of logical evidence. If something is uncovered that is a definitive link, then I'm more than happy to change my theory. I think that it would be very convenient if it turned out to be one killer (and I know that many people wish it to be true), but that's not the way it looks to me. Not everyone who kills people turns out to be a Hollywood stereotype of a serial killer-and that's how it feels reading some of the theories that are discussed.

So, yes...I think that nothing points to him right now, and it's just a weird leap to connect him without any evidence. MOO.

Ok still Rita's daughter and Melissa where friends that's one link. Then Kim Raffo's address in Mastic is blocks from his. It's far from a proof but it shows that a link is there

what if he is beyond the norm as a stereo type serial killer.in which he doesn't have an mo in the way he kills.what if he is just a killer?what stands out for me is that all of these different murders were found in groups even if the mo is different on all of them.maybe hes just a killer that likes to change it up so he doesn't get caught.moo

Oh, c'mon. It reiterates that that's what police are saying, at this present moment - that's all. And, based on how SCPD has gone to and fro and back and forth since day one of this case, what they say about it now means little or nothing.

I am simply posting what the media is reporting. If you don't like my posts, then feel free to put me on ignore. I have the right to post links to MSM articles, and I will continue to do so, as I believe that they can be helpful.

what if he is beyond the norm as a stereo type serial killer.in which he doesn't have an mo in the way he kills.what if he is just a killer?what stands out for me is that all of these different murders were found in groups even if the mo is different on all of them.maybe hes just a killer that likes to change it up so he doesn't get caught.moo

I am simply posting what the media is reporting.
Sorry, you said "This article ... reiterates that there is zero evidence to connect JB to Gilgo." It doesn't. It reiterates that the police are saying there isn't any evidence. I have the right to correct misinformation, and I will continue to do so.

Ok still Rita's daughter and Melissa where friends that's one link. Then Kim Raffo's address in Mastic is blocks from his. It's far from a proof but it shows that a link is there

We are all entitled to our opinions, and I simply don't see anything other than a link that has occurred because they all lived on LI (or in the case of Melissa-Buffalo).

Why hasn't he killed other people who are friends with Rita's son? Surely Rita's daughter has other friends. Why hasn't he gone after them? After all, if we're going to go that route, then perhaps we should consider that Rita's daughter had other friends who were involved in prostitution. Why weren't they targeted? What about KL, Melissa's friend from Times Square? KL is friends with Melissa, who was friends with Rita's daughter. What about Amber's sister? She was allegedly involved in prostitution. Why didn't he go after her?

Those links aren't compelling enough to make me feel there's a connection. Sorry if you don't like my opinions. Please feel free to ignore them if they are offensive to you.

Sorry, you said "This article ... reiterates that there is zero evidence to connect JB to Gilgo." It doesn't. It reiterates that the police are saying there isn't any evidence. I have the right to correct misinformation, and I will continue to do so.

Then perhaps you should take it up with the journalists who wrote the article. I didn't provide any misinformation. I merely provided the information contained in the article. Are you saying that all of the news released in the last week or so hasn't stated that there is zero connection to Gilgo? If you are, then that's not accurate. The articles have all stated that.

Then perhaps you should take it up with the journalists who wrote the article.
The article says:
According to Suffolk County police, there is no evidence that these crimes are connected any of the remains found in the Gilgo Beach area.
You said:
This article ... reiterates that there is zero evidence to connect JB to Gilgo.
I'm sure you see the difference in those two statements. Which is that the first says that somebody says something, and that second states that something as being fact. By the way, we don't even know if the Suffolk County police even believe there's no evidence or if they're saying it for a reason. And if they believe it, we don't know if they believe it more or less than that Shannan Gilbert's pants were removed by rubbing against brushes as she walked (yeah, they said that too).

The article says:

You said:

I'm sure you see the difference in those two statements.

The article contains the statement. It was not a direct quote from LE. I'm citing the article. The article (as well as the other articles) did not contain statements from anybody else who countered LE's argument, so I don't see what the problem happens to be. I trust that WSers who read the post will click on the link and read the article for themselves. They'll see that there is nobody else cited as providing information for the journalist's report. Again, if you have problems with the article, then take it up with the journalist. If you don't like my posts, please put me on ignore.

The article says:

You said:

I'm sure you see the difference in those two statements. Which is that the first says that somebody says something, and that second states that something as being fact. By the way, we don't even know if the Suffolk County police even believe there's no evidence or if they're saying it for a reason. And if they believe it, we don't know if they believe it more or less than that Shannan Gilbert's pants were removed by rubbing against brushes as she walked (yeah, they said that too).

BBM

Yes, it is a fact that the info to which you are referring is contained in the article. If you wish to argue semantics with me, then please send me a PM. I'm not going to do this in thread, as it is not a productive thing for the rest of the members who post here.

We are all entitled to our opinions, and I simply don't see anything other than a link that has occurred because they all lived on LI (or in the case of Melissa-Buffalo).

Why hasn't he killed other people who are friends with Rita's son? Surely Rita's daughter has other friends. Why hasn't he gone after them? After all, if we're going to go that route, then perhaps we should consider that Rita's daughter had other friends who were involved in prostitution. Why weren't they targeted? What about KL, Melissa's friend from Times Square? KL is friends with Melissa, who was friends with Rita's daughter. What about Amber's sister? She was allegedly involved in prostitution. Why didn't he go after her?

Those links aren't compelling enough to make me feel there's a connection. Sorry if you don't like my opinions. Please feel free to ignore them if they are offensive to you.

of course there not offensive to me. But what does him not killing other people who are related to the victims have to do with anything? The fact of the matter is, Rita's daughter's has a clear connection to Melissa who WAS murdered by the G4 sk. That none of her son's friends were murdered is irrelevant. The connection between Rita Tangredi and Melissa Barthelemy has already been established. The phone calls to Melissa's sister show the SK has an interest in targeting his victim's family members.

of course there not offensive to me. But what does him not killing other people who are related to the victims have to do with anything? The fact of the matter is, Rita's daughter's has a clear connection to Melissa who WAS murdered by the G4 sk. That none of her son's friends were murdered is irrelevant. The connection between Rita Tangredi and Melissa Barthelemy has already been established. The phone calls to Melissa's sister show the SK has an interest in targeting his victim's family members.

BBM

Then it's awfully strange that he didn't kill Amber's sister, or Melissa's sister, or Maureen's sister, or Johnny T, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jemabogado