Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 Jun 2014 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well after a month, given the weather cycles experienced in that month, even if my theory is wrong...... I very much doubt intact is even a possibility now.

I don't mean intact literally, I just meant without having been exposed to acid/chemicals, dismemberment and burning by the accused. I don't think he did those things IMO.

No we don't actually. The reports from LE merely specified a stolen bank card.

Stolen, or just a card that belongs to somebody else. I think that is an interesting little detail. Rhetorically I ask, could the card belong to a member of the L family? Is it something he took from the L home and that is what makes it stolen?

Stolen, or just a card that belongs to somebody else. I think that is an interesting little detail. Rhetorically I ask, could the card belong to a member of the L family? Is it something he took from the L home?
That was my hunch too - it may have been the tipping point for LE to zero in on him. They may have brought him in on that tidbit, sweating him to see what he revealed, but not enough to hold him and charge him - yet. Also would have helped to keep him from running again given that the court could impose strict bail conditions.

Stolen, or just a card that belongs to somebody else. I think that is an interesting little detail. Rhetorically I ask, could the card belong to a member of the L family? Is it something he took from the L home and that is what makes it stolen?
Yes indeed. Good question. I banged on about that repeatedly and got no attention when that charge was made. Having one of their cards in his possession would seal the deal wouldn't it.

The P2 company is from recent years. The meth trafficking conviction in based on an arrest in 1992. If there was a meth lab on the property today, he would be facing related charges. He isn't, so there is no meth lab today, there is no reason to draw connections between the accused today and hell's angels motorcycle gangs. The man is accused of murder, not producing illegal drugs.

Ah okay, I thought P2 was still an active registered company/business in the last couple years. And I think my post was misunderstood, I don't believe there was recently/currently any meth lab or drug business on the property at all and I don't believe DG would've been directly involved or hands on in drug making and distributing, I thought maybe he was more the accessor (legit on paper through a registered business) to import and buy the ingredients needed for others to do the dirty work (make, manufacture and distribute drugs). I thought maybe he could've been involved being the 'paper' guy, creating ways to legitimize things on paper since he did this before with a fake identity, fake credentials and possibly fake businesses.

So.... Sorry, I don't know how to multi quote. I think reporters put a spin on the "stolen" bank card. If anyone has a quote LIVE from an LE press conference specifying..... That would be awesome. I think he had various pieces of ID. Some in MH's name, some in his own name and a stolen bank card!!

In another vein, where do we think DG physically obtained his supply/stock of "elemental mercury"?

http://www.greenfacts.org/en/mercury/l-3/mercury-5.htm

The mercury available on the world market is supplied from a number of different sources, including (not listed in order of importance):
◦Mine production of primary mercury (meaning extracted from ores within the earth’s crust): ◦either as the main product of the mining activity,
◦or as by-product of mining or refining of other metals (such as zinc, gold, silver) or minerals;

◦Recovered primary mercury from refining of natural gas (actually a by-product, when marketed, however, is not marketed in all countries);
◦Reprocessing or secondary mining of historic mine tailings containing mercury;
◦Recycled mercury recovered from spent products and waste from industrial production processes. Large amounts ("reservoirs") of mercury are "stored" in society within products still in use and "on the users’ shelves";
◦Mercury from government reserve stocks, or inventories;
◦Private stocks (such as mercury in use in chlor-alkali and other industries), some of which may later be returned to the market.

Sorry, ^^ that train of thought has a caboose.

IOW, is there a place that DG is familiar with (i.e. a mine) where he might normally be found, and could have driven there without appearing suspicious. Long shot, but something I think about. The guy's a chemist of sorts, but seriously, who just wakes up one day and say "I'm going to go get some elementary mercury and sell it on the internet".

http://www.greenfacts.org/en/mercury/l-3/mercury-5.htm

Despite a decline in global mercury consumption (global demand is less than half of 1980 levels), supply from competing sources and low prices, production of mercury from mining is still occurring in a number of countries. Spain, China, Kyrgyzstan and Algeria have dominated this activity in recent years, and several of the mines are state-owned. The table below gives information on recorded global primary production of mercury since 1981. There are also reports of small-scale, artisanal mining of mercury in China, Russia (Siberia), Outer Mongolia, Peru, and Mexico

How does little old Airdrie, AB Canada fit into that picture of limited production?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong