GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, if she only saw him in the dark, the eye or hair color could be confusing. But--even if blindfolded--the height discrepancy is startling. She described him as slightly overweight and 'just a bit taller' than herself; booking info shows him to be 6 foot 1 inch tall, and 165 lbs. That's a big, lanky, 9-inch discrepancy that I'm having a harder time explaining away.

IMO she could still be scared to death of him.
Perhaps, he let her go and she promised not to tell, if that's the case, I'm sure threats were part and parcel.
Maybe he claimed others would track her down and kill her family, her etc....
Nine months is a very long time to screw with someone's mind.
She's just a kid.

All IMO

Wonder if she was blindfolded or if he wore a mask or otherwise kept his appearance obscured his features from her once she was secured after being taken.

Yes she was gone 9 months. Investigation is very new yet. Still much unknown. If she was being held by him alone it is possible she only got a halfway decent look at him as she was being kidnapped. He may have kept a pillowcase or something over her head most of the time. Who knows?

It will all come clear after LE has finished investigating.

BBM.

Really? Are we really still criticizing LE? People were criticizing when they were playing things close to the vest and we had a quick arrest. If they aren't talking, it's for a reason!

I really don't mean to be critical of LE- I commend them for getting things moving along. I'm so very happy for that. I just am having a hard time getting over the large bump in the road on the information we are receiving. I guess I am just curious in that way. It just doesn't add up and those kinds of blaring loose ends make me seek the answers. It may be LE, it may be Abby, it may be the media, who knows? But somewhere someone is giving information that clearly does not add up and this is the kind of forum that encourages exploring such avenues.

Or so I thought. Forgive me if I'm wrong.

IMO she could still be scared to death of him.
Perhaps, he let her go and she promised not to tell, if that's the case, I'm sure threats were part and parcel.
Maybe he claimed others would track her down and kill her family, her etc....
Nine months is a very long time to screw with someone's mind.
She's just a kid.

All IMO

I honestly don't know how good a description of someone my DD could supply if asked to, good point. She is a kid. Heck I don't know how good I would be at relaying how someone looked to another who was trying to draw it. Eye witnesses are not always the best witnesses.

Height. I am a bad judge of height. I can tell you shorter than I or taller than I or I can tell you heavier set or slender. but to ascribe numbers or how tall or how fat. Nope. I don't think I would be a very good witness about such things.

Wonder if she was blindfolded or if he wore a mask or otherwise kept his appearance obscured his features from her once she was secured after being taken.

Yes she was gone 9 months. Investigation is very new yet. Still much unknown. If she was being held by him alone it is possible she only got a halfway decent look at him as she was being kidnapped. He may have kept a pillowcase or something over her head most of the time. Who knows?

It will all come clear after LE has finished investigating.

That's a very good point and very possible. Those are the kinds of possibilities and free flow of thought that I think is helpful. I think it is possible she was blindfolded. Another thought hit me that perhaps he even kept her drugged like that movie "Taken". She may not have been clear headed. That would also explain her drastic weight loss and detiorating health. Poor soul. As a mother of a 15 yr old, I would draw blood. They'd have to incarcerate me.

Interesting little tidbit of information in this article. "In all, Team 5 found 58 cases involving Kibby since the 1990s, most of them minor violations and several where charges were dropped."

Read more: http://www.wcvb.com/news/team-5-kibby-charged-in-1998-incident-with-girl-16/27212818#ixzz38xwDrUeG

58 run-ins with the law in 20 years! I wonder if any others involved young girls with dark hair.

Also I think it is eery that he went to Kennet High School, tried to grab a girl at that time and a former classmate said he was obsessed with girls with dark hair. I don't think his choice of taking Abby was totally random, but planned to some degree.

The quote from the former classmate is in this article: http://www.conwaydailysun.com/newsx...ten-to-the-core-according-to-former-classmate

Apparently only one was with a girl (age 16, and I think he was 17 or 18)--in high school he grabbed her arm because he wanted to talk to her and she didn't want to talk to him. That was half a lifetime ago, so not sure if that exactly shows a dramatic history of assault. JMO, but I think the "58 charges" since the mid 1990s (most minor, with many charges dropped) show mainly that he is an intense, pretty high-strung character who consistently has trouble knowing and respecting boundaries, whether concerning interpersonal communication, speeding laws, or pot laws. (This over-the-top intensity is evident to me in his letters to the editor, at least.)

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2014/07/29/man-accused-kidnapping-abigail-hernandez-kept-himself-neighbors-say/xxTmpK9lpsVN1DfXVgtYoJ/story.html

"CONWAY, N.H. — Abigail Hernandez clasped her hands and fixed her eyes on the lanky man in the orange jumpsuit accused of kidnapping her while she walked home from school last fall, just days before her 15th birthday.

Little more than a week after she was reunited with her family, Hernandez watched Tuesday as Nathaniel E. Kibby, the man who allegedly held her captive for nine months, was arraigned in Conway District Court."

BBM:
"About 40 miles north in Gorham, state and federal investigators combed through Kibby’s property, which includes a small shed and a red shipping container in the backyard."

So, there's a shed and a shipping container onsite?

eta:, nevermind, my question has been answered:

DSC_5905A.jpg
GIL TALBOT FOR THE BOSTON GLOBE
The crime scene tape stretched past Kibby’s back yard, where a red shipping container sits next to a small shed.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2014/07/29/man-accused-kidnapping-abigail-hernandez-kept-himself-neighbors-say/xxTmpK9lpsVN1DfXVgtYoJ/picture.html?p1=Article_Related

Apparently only one was with a girl (age 16, and I think he was 17 or 18)--in high school he grabbed her arm because he wanted to talk to her and she didn't want to talk to him. That was half a lifetime ago, so not sure if that exactly shows a dramatic history of assault. JMO, but I think the "58 charges" since the mid 1990s (most minor, with many charges dropped) show mainly that he is an intense, pretty high-strung character who consistently has trouble knowing and respecting boundaries, whether concerning interpersonal communication, speeding laws, or pot laws. (This over-the-top intensity is evident to me in his letters to the editor, at least.)
I think you hit the nail on the head. He shows no deference to boundaries. He behaves in a way that seems the rules are not meant for him. And the intensity part - I think you are spot on.

Yes, shed and shipping container and the mobile home. All on that lot/property

mobile home is grey, shed is white and container is rust colored between the two

article-2709510-201A25F200000578-892_634x419.jpg

I agree with poirotry and stolat...wholeheartedly.

why then did he seem calm and compliant in the company of so many authority figures in court. given his history and self-proclaimed hatred for government and law enforcement, one would think he'd have an angry attitude not to mention give vocal protest. or is a written rant, and public complaint yet to come...thoughts?

I agree with poirotry and stolat...wholeheartedly.

why then did he seem calm and compliant in the company of so many authority figures in court. given his history and self-proclaimed hatred for government and law enforcement, one would think he'd have an angry attitude not to mention give vocal protest. or is a written rant, and public complaint yet to come...thoughts?

Sadly I think he's figured out how to work our justice system that is hellbent on rehabilitation when in fact we are bombarded with statistics that tell us assault crimes against women are almost always a repeated offense.

I would imagine his "success rate" in court shows he knows how to walk the walk and talk the talk that let's him remain a free man, capable of repeating his crimes. A dumb criminal would likely act out. An experienced criminal may have learned a few things along the way and knows how to appease the court. It's scary how many times he appeared in court while Abby was kidnapped and he walked out a free man each time.(yes, yes, I do realize he is presumed innocent until proven guilty - but I think all of you guys here are astute enough to understand what I'm getting at- I'm not saying just because he was in court we should be presumed guilty of the crime, but I think it wouldn't be a stretch based on the absurd number of arrest incidents he's had)

I'm trying to zoom in on items around / on the container...there are ladders on top, a dog crate near by, 2 bicycles, wheelbarrow/garden tools, scrap type wood boards, green tote box, and is that a trash can in front of the container? Yellow with a red bag? There's also an overhead canopy, blue and white above the trash can, in between the trailer and the shipping container.

DSC_5916A.jpg

http://www.bostonglobe.com/2014/07/...-case/lzlTMiXxpZZH6JaEw8N0GJ/story.html?pic=8

This photo shows that the trailer next door is super close. How soundproof could that container possibly be that someone next door would not even hear her banging on the walls or screaming?

And he would have to at least go in there several times a week to feed her and whatever, unless he just left a stockpile of food and locked the door for weeks on end.

Its creepy how close people were to her all this time.

Interesting that there is a male and female bike.

HOLY CARP! I never even noticed that before in that pic from ticya.
There is a male AND female trail bikes there.

Good eye.

Totally mystified.

The address at 4 Brookside Dr reminds me of RAT's place (Randy Allen Taylor / Alexis Murphy). I'm trying to get more images of this place via overhead satellite, streetview, etc but having trouble with the google maps.

A sound proof shipping container would make an ideal place to keep a kidnapped victim from escaping while at work, etc. Shipping containers also don't have windows & if there wasn't an electrical cord run to the container or battery lights, it would be pitch black in there 24/7 until the door opened. I shudder to think...

http://www.bostonglobe.com/2014/07/...-case/lzlTMiXxpZZH6JaEw8N0GJ/story.html?pic=8

This photo shows that the trailer next door is super close. How soundproof could that container possibly be that someone next door would not even hear her banging on the walls or screaming?

And he would have to at least go in there several times a week to feed her and whatever, unless he just left a stockpile of food and locked the door for weeks on end.

Its creepy how close people were to her all this time.

There must have been some serious soundproofing materials / construction in order for nothing to be heard from that small, metal container. Maybe she was gagged / confined and unable to scream or bang on the walls? Horrible to imagine. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288