GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi -- newbie here. What a great website!

Here's what I'm thinking: Kibby allowed her to leave. If not, he would have freaked out upon finding her missing (tracked her down, left town, etc). If he didn't allow it, her return home wouldn't have been so calm-seeming. So she must have promised him that she would mislead authorities about what happened, including giving the wrong description. I think police purposely released the wrong description as a sign to Kibby that she was keeping her promise, and to keep him unsuspecting of arrest.

Whatever happened, it's really sickening. I haven't seen any mention of his parents in any articles -- who raised this monster?

Chiming in to say I'm here. I haven't been following this case closely, though I did read an article when she first disappeared. What caught my attention was an article about Abby showing up in court this week. I want to see this through.

Just saying "hello" as we await more details of her escape/release and the investigation that lead to capture.

How glad I am for her and her family that she made it home.

This is just my opinion, but I have worked in Hospitals as well as R&D in engineering for biotech and pharma. While not everything falls under regulatory compliance, human waste is infectious waste - let's face it. It may not be required to be packaged as such for disposal, but if I were collecting evidence I would use the boxes anyway, just to distinguish between this type of evidence and inert evidence like electronics, hardware, files, etc. I think it is a good way for forensic technicians to distinguish between which evidence requires bio-caution and which does not. If they were sealed with the closed red bags inside, they would also have to be labeled with all the data required for disposal. These are not for disposal, it's not med waste, there is no red bag.
They are just using the boxes for classification IMO

:cow:

Here's what I'm thinking: Kibby allowed her to leave. If not, he would have freaked out upon finding her missing (tracked her down, left town, etc). If he didn't allow it, her return home wouldn't have been so calm-seeming. So she must have promised him that she would mislead authorities about what happened, including giving the wrong description. I think police purposely released the wrong description as a sign to Kibby that she was keeping her promise, and to keep him unsuspecting of arrest.

Whatever happened, it's really sickening. I haven't seen any mention of his parents in any articles -- who raised this monster?

Welcome to WS, perry1.:)

:welcome5:

And yes, this really is a great website. Great people here, both members and moderators. :) Both caring and intelligent!

One thing I forgot to mention, there was talk of a dog, and I mentioned that Castro allowed the girls to have a dog. IIRC, he snapped its neck and killed it.

ICK!!
Randy Waldron, a former classmate of Kibby's, told the paper Kibby tormented him for decades:

"He's been a sexual deviant — he was a talented sketch artist who always obsessed about girls with dark hair and drew them with their hands tied behind their backs," Waldron told the paper.

http://m.wcvb.com/news/exclassmate-nathaniel-kibby-terrorized-me-for-decades/27223510

I find this very alarming.

I sure would like to know what this man means about Kibby tormenting others for years. Were there others beyond the ones we already know about and were just too afraid to report him to LE?

Artists usually will keep their earlier work. I wonder if police will also find the artwork where he sketched females with dark hair who had their hands tied behind their back. If he still continues to sketch then they may also find artwork depicting Abigail being bound that he may have drawn during the months he held her captive.

It seems so many knew that this man was highly creepy for so long. This ex-schoolmate seem to have known for sometime that Kibby was a sexual deviant.

Anyone notice how close that container was to the back door of his trailer? I don't see why he would need tunnels and such with it being so close. Who knows. There's being other cases where those shipping containers were a part of. Though I don't know that I've followed a case where someone was kept in one, just that they were mentioned in other cases. People do live in them. Those wanting to be 'off the grid' away from everything that's so regulated, etc. I've seen them with solar panels for electricity, windows installed in them, etc. I wouldn't know the first thing about insulating them, and getting them fixed to live in, but people do it. Mostly in my area people buy them for storage. Instead of wasting money on storage fees each month, they'll put one near the back of the property and put whatever furniture, etc in them. Some farmers use them for storage as well. We've thought about buying one for hay storage, but never got around to it. One lady bought several, and had A frame roof put on them, and used them for the livestock to have a shelter. It works.

Seeing Abby in court, she's much stronger and braver than I am. I honestly don't know if I could have faced him so soon. But she did! She's no shrinking violet!! So proud of her!!! I would probably be sedated to the max and in a psych ward myself.

Anyone notice how close that container was to the back door of his trailer? I don't see why he would need tunnels and such with it being so close. Who knows. There's being other cases where those shipping containers were a part of. Though I don't know that I've followed a case where someone was kept in one, just that they were mentioned in other cases. People do live in them. Those wanting to be 'off the grid' away from everything that's so regulated, etc. I've seen them with solar panels for electricity, windows installed in them, etc. I wouldn't know the first thing about insulating them, and getting them fixed to live in, but people do it. Mostly in my area people buy them for storage. Instead of wasting money on storage fees each month, they'll put one near the back of the property and put whatever furniture, etc in them. Some farmers use them for storage as well. We've thought about buying one for hay storage, but never got around to it. One lady bought several, and had A frame roof put on them, and used them for the livestock to have a shelter. It works.

Seeing Abby in court, she's much stronger and braver than I am. I honestly don't know if I could have faced him so soon. But she did! She's no shrinking violet!! So proud of her!!! I would probably be sedated to the max and in a psych ward myself.

Yes. I also noticed how close it is to the next trailer. Certainly a tunnel would explain how this could happen in such a densely packed community with no one noticing.

My thoughts, as well.

The shipping container and anything in it are state's evidence and will be stored somewhere. Any bio waste would need to be collected, contained and removed for evidence with a chain of custody. Bio waste would also get funky soon and further growth of bacteria or deterioration of bio waste would skew/alter evidentiary value.

Have you seen the swimming pools made out of top loading storage containers?

or, the neighbor simply suggested to a news camera that abby could've been held in the storage container and this is false. she could've spent all that time held in the actual trailer with running water and plumbing.

not going to speculate on a possible horror that may or may not be proven to exist...kwim?

perhaps the container holds other evidence which is the reason they're tearing it apart so carefully...

what do I know, I'm just a rabbit.

:eek:

If they can do this [see link] with poop that is thousands of years old, imagine what they can do with fresh. :) They can tell if more than one person has been in the container, using any type of portable potty. They can also tell what the captive was fed while they were in there, this may add a level of depravity to current charge and future charges.

http://rspb.royalsocietypublishing.org/content/early/2012/03/20/rspb.2012.0358.full

Gotta love Science :D

it may be soundproof but it's not smellproof...one would think if he had six days to "clean out" or "clean up" that's pretty much the first thing he'd toss and not for evidentiary purposes, simply because it stinks. especially if that's his 'man cave' where he does a lot of work?

I've never seen a case where they save sh-t. for dna purposes I suppose? I haven't followed that many...

what else could constitute medical waste...needles? any thoughts?

The container could be a storage when he wasn't right there.

I hope this guy is hit with every charge they can think of; LE seems to be doing a thorough job collecting evidence.

As for the neighbor seen on camera in TV interview, she may be related to Gladys Kravitz. ;)

or, the neighbor simply suggested to a news camera that abby could've been held in the storage container and this is false. she could've spent all that time held in the actual trailer with running water and plumbing.

not going to speculate on a possible horror that may or may not be proven to exist...kwim?

perhaps the container holds other evidence which is the reason they're tearing it apart so carefully...

what do I know, I'm just a rabbit.

:eek:

This is just my opinion, but I have worked in Hospitals as well as R&D in engineering for biotech and pharma. While not everything falls under regulatory compliance, human waste is infectious waste - let's face it. It may not be required to be packaged as such for disposal, but if I were collecting evidence I would use the boxes anyway, just to distinguish between this type of evidence and inert evidence like electronics, hardware, files, etc. I think it is a good way for forensic technicians to distinguish between which evidence requires bio-caution and which does not. If they were sealed with the closed red bags inside, they would also have to be labeled with all the data required for disposal. These are not for disposal, it's not med waste, there is no red bag.
They are just using the boxes for classification IMO

:cow:

Good input about disposal, thanks! Apparently, though, while some boxes appear to have no red bags, at the end of this article is a photo that shows a few do have the red bags in them.

Abby spoke to the Conway paper-- she went by to thank them because she occasionally saw the paper and saw the box with her name and how many days she was missing, and she knew people were looking for her.

http://www.conwaydailysun.com/newsx/local-news/115569-abby-stops-by-the-conway-daily-sun

Edit: From the article: Kibby will next appear in court Aug. 12 at a probable cause hearing. Additional charges against him are expected.

Awesome. She isn't hiding, she is getting back out in the community and taking charge of her situation.

ETA: Love her shirt in the photo of this article:: "Can't Stand Idiots". Haha, very relevant to some of the loud-mouths making negative comments all over the internet since she returned (not here at WS).

does anyone else find all this speculation on where she went the bathroom and what he did with it distasteful? is there any purpose to it?

Awesome. She isn't hiding, she is getting back out in the community and taking charge of her situation.

ETA: Love her shirt in the photo of this article:: "Can't Stand Idiots". Haha, very relevant to some of the loud-mouths making negative comments all over the internet since she returned (not here at WS).

I love her shirt! Abby is amazing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members