GUILTY OR - Isabella Smith, 2, killed, 13yo injured, Cannon Beach, 31 July 2014

Per article above...

The (deceased) child was not injured... And LE is awaiting autopsy reports for cause of death...

this is puzzling....

JMO

I felt like the wording of the 13 year olds wounds was awkward. After thinking about it and then reading this I'm wondering if the mom abandoned them (or was abducted?) and while having the 2 year old in her care if she accidentally harmed her (maybe the 2 year old drowned in the bathtub?) and the girl was devastated and felt awful leading to her to self harm. Just my thoughts. I still want to know where this woman is. My heart aches for the 13 year old regardless of what happened.

Per article above...

The (deceased) child was not injured... And LE is awaiting autopsy reports for cause of death...

this is puzzling....

JMO
No wounds on the child. I'm surmising the child was poisoned or suffocated. Unthinkable (and tragic), no matter what, if the mother is responsible.

No wounds on the child. I'm surmising the child was poisoned or suffocated. Unthinkable (and tragic), no matter what, if the mother is responsible.

...or, drowned, even by accident or neglect, in the bath tub?

If the 13yo had been left in charge when the 2yo's death occurred, I can see how she would be frantic enough to cause herself injury. :(

But, again, where was mom? Where is mom now? What info has the 13yo passed along to police? I'm sure they know more than they're saying.

Yeah, I was kinda thinking suffocated while the older daughter was sleeping, and then tried to do the same to the older one, who was big enough to fight back, so she slashed at her with something and then fled?

Sorry, that's all I got.

Yeah, I was kinda thinking suffocated while the older daughter was sleeping, and then tried to do the same to the older one, who was big enough to fight back, so she slashed at her with something and then fled?

Sorry, that's all I got.

Pretty much the same thing I was thinking. Likely a history of severe mental illness there, feeling desperate after the separation with hubby & denial of restraining order, suffocated the toddler then also attempted to eliminate the 13 yr old before fleeing. No matter what, this isn't going to end well, even if they find her alive (which I seriously doubt).

I think they probably do have video of her leaving alone, jmo.

What is with cars not being able to be found lately? She is most likely out there, in a motel lot or on the road...

I wonder if mom drugged both daughters. Enough to overdose the little one but not the teen. So mom took it further by stabbing her.

Because I keep wondering why the teen wasn't able to summon help if she was able to communicate with LE. Perhaps she was too groggy to scream? moo

I wonder if mom drugged both daughters. Enough to overdose the little one but not the teen. So mom took it further by stabbing her.

Because I keep wondering why the teen wasn't able to summon help if she was able to communicate with LE. Perhaps she was too groggy to scream? moo

If the initial reports of "critical cuts " were correct, she may have been hindered in her ability to speak. :(

If the initial reports of "critical cuts " were correct, she may have been hindered in her ability to speak. :(

Yes, I thought about that too. There's a report that the teen was able to communicate somewhat before being medevaced. It doesn't say how.

"The teenager, able to pass along only basic information, was treated by medics at the scene before being taken by LifeFlight to Portland's Doernbecher Children's Hospital, where she underwent surgery."

http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-n...f/2014/08/police_search_on_for_mother_of.html

Why do I get the feeling the "mom" probably won't be found alive?

I think the injured girl told LE enough to make Mom a POI, jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Annie151
Back