Found Deceased WI - Shalim Augustine, 23, LaCrosse, 8 July 2014

OkieGranny

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
acda289e-5830-478a-bb42-930b15c11c8e_zpsfabc97be.jpg

http://www.wxow.com/story/25989108/2014/07/10/la-crosse-police-investigate-missing-person-case

Police say that Augustine was last seen between 11 p.m. and midnight on Tuesday, July 8. They said Augustine was with a group of friends who docked their boat at the landing behind Powerhouse Marine at 518 Logan Street. Augustine left the area on foot, walking southbound through the parking lot towards Copeland Park, said the La Crosse Police Department. Augustine did not return home and did not show up at work the next day, which according to friends and family is not like him.

Augustine is described as 5’09", 145 lbs, and has black hair and brown eyes. He was last seen wearing a pink button-up shirt, tan cargo shorts, black sandals, and black sunglasses...

Sergeant Rank said the Jackson County K-9 Unit last picked up his scent at Copeland Park near Logger Field, but have not been able to pick up a scent after that. Police are now searching through phone records. They have searched the water near the Black River as well.

I am still concerned about this case. I knew Shalim well. I do not believe that he just walked into the water on his own and drowned. There are too many things that don't add up.
1.) Shalim was afraid of the water.
2.) His car was parked at his work (why not sleep it off?)
3.) Why not call for a ride like he had done so many times before?
4.) Who was driving the boat, and who were the other passengers? Could he have fallen off the boat?
5.) Most important...Why would his body float 1 plus miles upstream from where his scent was lost near the water??

I know that Shalim's scent was picked up near KT where he had picked up some cigarettes, but, could that have been the meeting place to get on the boat? It is a place to get on the water?

If anyone has answers or would like to comment, please do.

I am still concerned about this case. I knew Shalim well. I do not believe that he just walked into the water on his own and drowned. There are too many things that don't add up.
1.) Shalim was afraid of the water.
2.) His car was parked at his work (why not sleep it off?)
3.) Why not call for a ride like he had done so many times before?
4.) Who was driving the boat, and who were the other passengers? Could he have fallen off the boat?
5.) Most important...Why would his body float 1 plus miles upstream from where his scent was lost near the water??

I know that Shalim's scent was picked up near KT where he had picked up some cigarettes, but, could that have been the meeting place to get on the boat? It is a place to get on the water?

If anyone has answers or would like to comment, please do.

At the risk of being indelicate, I wonder what the status of his zipper was. Could he have fallen in while partaking of the time honored tradition of peeing au natural into a body of water after having a few? This is not, by any means, intended to mock or disrespect Shalim. Drunk 20-something men, at least the ones I knew at that age, tend to go when and where they have to go, so to speak. It's almost a rite of passage.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taketherisk
Back