HCPD contacts Florida LE about skeletal remains that were found

Status
Not open for further replies.
But man...that Mickey Mouse bed sheet. I wonder what size it is. It's homemade. So why would somebody make a homemade bed sheet? A very good reason would be bc they made it for a trailer cushion... Twin, full, queen & king are abundant...not really a need to make your own. However, a camper cushion is a different story.

When they say bed sheet, did they specify if its a flat or fitted sheet?

Nope...just bed sheet. I really want to know about the curtains as well. Why describe the sheets and robe and nothing on the curtains? Maybe there wasn't much left of the curtains to describe? Who knows? :banghead:

But man...that Mickey Mouse bed sheet. I wonder what size it is. It's homemade. So why would somebody make a homemade bed sheet? A very good reason would be bc they made it for a trailer cushion... Twin, full, queen & king are abundant...not really a need to make your own. However, a camper cushion is a different story.

Above BBM. Exactly what I was thinking. Easy to find MM sheets in about any size, but trailer cushion size, I imagine. And since we know TM is all about appearances, and pictures, I'm sure she would want the fitting to be just so.

Above BBM. Exactly what I was thinking. Easy to find MM sheets in about any size, but trailer cushion size, I imagine. And since we know TM is all about appearances, and pictures, I'm sure she would want the fitting to be just so. So maybe homemade was the only way to go.

Nope...just bed sheet. I really want to know about the curtains as well. Why describe the sheets and robe and nothing on the curtains? Maybe there wasn't much left of the curtains to describe? Who knows? :banghead:

Hmmm...that makes me think... Is it possible the person was in the pink bathrobe when they were killed and wrapped in the Mickey Mouse sheet but maybe it wasn't thick enough or strong enough so the murderer wrapped curtains around the body? If so, the curtains would sustain more damage from the sun & elements being on the outside I would think. Or no? Heck, maybe the MM sheet would bc of decomp & skin slippage? But if that's the case then wouldn't the robe have had the most damage since it would have been the body?

Egads! I just wigged myself out! Who's on first?

Hmmm...that makes me think... Is it possible the person was in the pink bathrobe when they were killed and wrapped in the Mickey Mouse sheet but maybe it wasn't thick enough or strong enough so the murderer wrapped curtains around the body? If so, the curtains would sustain more damage from the sun & elements being on the outside I would think. Or no? Heck, maybe the MM sheet would bc of decomp & skin slippage? But if that's the case then wouldn't the robe have had the most damage since it would have been the body?

Didn't they something about the body being wrapped in tan or yellow cloth? Maybe that is the curtain?

I was going round in circles thinking all the same. :lookingitup:

Didn't they something about the body being wrapped in tan or yellow cloth? Maybe that is the curtain?

Yes..I posted or read that article yesterday or the day before. The guy who found the remains said that...I think. I do remember the tan and yellow part. Ok....just found it.

Jarvis could not confirm whether the bag contained a full human skeleton, but said the skull appeared to be that of a young person — not an infant, but not an adult. He said there was also deteriorated fabric in the bag that looked as if it might have been a yellow or tan bedsheet.
http://beacononlinenews.com/news/da...DeltonaBeaconNews+(DeLand-Deltona+Beacon+News

Reposting this because I think it might have gotten missed at the bottom of the page - and I'm still confused about the 2 pages and if one of them is referencing Heather's DNA and it being 'available' but not 'submitted'??

I've explained before why I believe the DNA sample was sent to the University of North Texas. That's the same lab where the Jamison family's DNA samples were tested. Their remains were found on November 16, 2013. The news of positive IDs was released on July 3, 2014. Seven and a half months.

I'd be surprised if we hear DNA results on these remains before November.

ETA - Also, just FYI: Heather's NamUs profile says DNA "sample available - not yet submitted"

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/23314/0/

There's been an update: "Status: Samples submitted - Tests not complete"

It's at the bottom: https://identifyus.org/en/cases/full_report/12776

Edited to say: Were you saying HEATHER'S DNA had not yet been submitted? If so - then my post doesn't apply! LOL If that's the case - could the delay be because of that? They don't have Heather's DNA in the system yet? Why wouldn't they have sent that out? And - on that same note - how could they say they HAVE DNA evidence - if they don't have Heather's DNA recognized in their system? Or - could this simply be that the information on the findthemissing hasn't been updated yet? Ai yi yiiiii!

sooooo I've definitely confused myself at the very least! :confused:

Reposting this because I think it might have gotten missed at the bottom of the page - and I'm still confused about the 2 pages and if one of them is referencing Heather's DNA and it being 'available' but not 'submitted'??

There's been an update: "Status: Samples submitted - Tests not complete"

It's at the bottom: https://identifyus.org/en/cases/full_report/12776

Edited to say: Were you saying HEATHER'S DNA had not yet been submitted? If so - then my post doesn't apply! LOL If that's the case - could the delay be because of that? They don't have Heather's DNA in the system yet? Why wouldn't they have sent that out? And - on that same note - how could they say they HAVE DNA evidence - if they don't have Heather's DNA recognized in their system? Or - could this simply be that the information on the findthemissing hasn't been updated yet? Ai yi yiiiii!

sooooo I've definitely confused myself at the very least! :confused:

Yeah, I dunno. Maybe it's a data entry error on her NamUs profile? I mean, how could it *NOT* be submitted for testing yet? That just doesn't make any sense.

I really have to stop clicking on this thread. This way lies madness.

:whiteflag:

Yeah, I dunno. Maybe it's a data entry error on her NamUs profile? I mean, how could it *NOT* be submitted for testing yet? That just doesn't make any sense.

You'd better NOT stop clicking on his thread lol! I thought this was interesting and I'd like to know if its a standard link supplied on all UID NamUs profiles...
https://identifyus.org/documents/NamUs-DNA_Protocol_for_Collection.pdf

Found when you click on DNA on the profile of UID 12776...
https://identifyus.org/en/cases/12776

I know NamUs is linked up with the parent type of profile in which known parents or close relatives can submit their DNA to keep on file in case their missing loved one is found but unknown, this way the system has known DNA to compare a known missing person to one that may show up as a UID. Could that be why this link is on here?

hoppy, I agree with you in your post upthread regarding the M's phone records. LE didn't have the M's records early on. Mr. Elvis was able to access Heather's immediately because he was the account holder of the provider and Heather was on a family plan most likely. (Thank goodness he did this.) LE would have to file a subpoena to the provider for the M's records. I have no idea how long the process takes but I imagine LE had the M's records before these remains in Deland were found on March 20, 2014. If either of the M's phones pinged or made calls from a location in FL in the days after HE disappeared, HCPD would have known by the time the remains were found. I wondered why HCPD would contact the police in FL about these remains. And the homemade MM sheet wrapping the body and TM having homemade MM sheets made for the MM camper is awfully coincidental.

JMO because I don't know anything in the grand scheme of things. :D Just thinking that HCPD must have much more evidence than we are aware of by them a) filing murder charges against the m's and b) contacting this LE agency in FL.

wm

hoppy, I agree with you in your post upthread regarding the M's phone records. LE didn't have the M's records early on. Mr. Elvis was able to access Heather's immediately because he was the account holder of the provider and Heather was on a family plan most likely. (Thank goodness he did this.) LE would have to file a subpoena to the provider for the M's records. I have no idea how long the process takes but I imagine LE had the M's records before these remains in Deland were found on March 20, 2014. If either of the M's phones pinged or made calls from a location in FL in the days after HE disappeared, HCPD would have known by the time the remains were found. I wondered why HCPD would contact the police in FL about these remains. And the homemade MM sheet wrapping the body and TM having homemade MM sheets made for the MM camper is awfully coincidental.

JMO because I don't know anything in the grand scheme of things. :D Just thinking that HCPD must have much more evidence than we are aware of by them a) filing murder charges against the m's and b) contacting this LE agency in FL.

wm

Why indeed. :thinking:

Most likely because the lab where they sent the samples is backlogged. Some places the wait is years and most labs do things in the order received.

Most likely because the lab where they sent the samples is backlogged. Some places the wait is years and most labs do things in the order received.

Should we go down and volunteer to help? I know a few of us could use a road trip! Do we have the link(s) to the pictures of the inside of the camper? I know it was months ago and I can't remember if the pictures were posted or saved anywhere but I'm curious if any of the pics have bedsheets in them. I don't think it is too far fetched that HE would throw on a (pink) robe to run out at 3am to pick up her ex "boyfriend" (barf) who says he recently left his wife (barf again). She was probably thinking they would both BRB so why bother getting dressed. I could be wrong (obviously) if the FL remains aren't HE but if it is that makes the most sense to me as far as the clothing. In other news, I hate to think the entire body wasn't in the bag like the guy who found them stated he wasn't sure it was an entire body. :( That is the worst.

I wonder if it was a beach coverup, not a bathrobe. Some of them look pretty similar. I'm thinking this might be somebody who disappeared from the beaches, which aren't very far away.

Which would mean not Heather.

I wonder why height was not estimated. If there are long bones present i.e. femurs, they can be used to give a rough estimate of height. What about the teeth? What about the sex? Strange that this hasn't been estimated yet.

Height...I'm wondering the same. "Near complete or complete skeleton" I shudder to to think about what could be missing or too damaged to make that estimate.

Height...I'm wondering the same. "Near complete or complete skeleton" I shudder to to think about what could be missing or too damaged to make that estimate.

That's something that keeps making me think back to the original news that remains have been found. Near complete or complete skeleton - who exactly said that first? Was it the VCSO? Reason I'm asking is bc of some wording bolded below in an article from March 20th 2014 shortly after the remains were found... They say "begun decomposing" and also reference "bags" (plural). So is this just shoddy wording? I mean, if the remains were completely skeletal, then it's obvious decomposition had begun for crying out loud. Normally if there's still meat on the bones is when decomposing remains would be referenced. Idk, I'm probably looking too far into it. Maybe the reference to skeletal or near complete skeletal was used to define the full remains was found as opposed to the length of decomposition.

http://www.baynews9.com/content/new...icles/cfn/2014/3/20/deland_remains_found.html

Human remains found in trash bag near DeLand airport
By Saul Saenz, Volusia County Reporter
Last Updated: Thursday, March 20, 2014, 7:33 PM

The remains have already begun decomposing and may have been there for some time, deputies said.

According a Gregg Mapp, who lives on Oak Street, one of his friends was cleaning up the area, taking trash bags and throwing them into a trash can, when he came upon some bags with something suspicious inside.

"He saw bones protruding out the back," said Mapp. "He immediately recognized it was bones, and he called the police."

The Volusia County Sheriff's office said on their fb page that this was a "bag of bones."

https://www.facebook.com/VolusiaCountySheriff (gotta scroll down to March 20, 2014 and then click on comments)

Volusia County Sheriff's Office No, they have not. Unfortunately, it’s not possible to say how long the identification process will take. It’s not as simple as rolling fingerprints off of a fresh body, entering them into a database and then hoping for a hit. These were a bag of bones, making the identification process very technical and challenging. It requires equal part science and investigative follow-up work, resulting in a difficult and labor-intensive process. We'll be sure to update everyone on Facebook when we have some new news to report.
March 27 at 2:40pm · Unlike · 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member