LeAnna (Mom) #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
oy. I am still just trying to process this IMO very very bad decision to reopen herself to public scrutiny.

Her attorney is talking out of both sides of his mouth. On the one hand she absolutely is a victim, see? Even the state thinks so, they sent her this form. On the other, the form once completed makes it clear that she is not the victim of any crime in her own opinion.

What a fuster.

The 'spin' force is strong in this one :scared:

What does she need disability for? Certainly she has enough family to feed her right now. I can't imagine I'd even be eating that much. Other than food and shelter, I can't imagine what else I'd need in the wake of losing my only child.

The way this reads to me is as if Leanna is considering herself a victim because her husband is in jail. Not at all written as if from a mother grieving her only child who died in a horrific way that was preventable.

I'm pretty sure about 500 of us here could write more compelling impact statements on how Cooper's death has impacted us and we didn't even know him.

What does she need disability for? Certainly she has enough family to feed her right now. I can't imagine I'd even be eating that much. Other than food and shelter, I can't imagine what else I'd need in the wake of losing my only child.

She has a lot of red clothing to buy, and the highlights in her long hair are expensive! And don't forget she needs gum...a lot of gum.

student loans, two car payments, credit cards -- oh well -- get back to work LH

RIGHT ON newone....LH imo needs to grow up and take responsibility for their bills and obligations.

Hope she's got some good legal advice on ''profiting from crime'' from her attorney. Hopefully MSM will refrain from reporting on her so they don't become prey to her plan. (MOO)

Snipped

Exactly. In fact when I first saw that she'd prepared a victim impact statement, I thought, "Oh! She's gotten a clue and turned on RH!" Man was I ever wrong. Nope. Once again it's all about LH and RH and an attempt to get his sentence reduced, IMO.

And like a number of you have said, I'd been wavering toward the, "Well maybe she's just a gullible pawn in RH's plan after all" side of the coin. But the "victim" "impact statement" had just the opposite effect. It put me squarely back in the guilty of complicity column.

I wonder if there was anyone in Cooper's life who truly cared about him. Poor little guy.

ITA. This whole victim statement makes her look much worse. Why did her attorney allow her to do that?

Just watching CNN. LH is not off the hook with Cobb County at all. Her Atty said as much and a statement released by Cobb Co pretty much said it is standard procedure to send the victim impact statement to the next of kin and at this time that is LH.

"Kim Isaza, the spokesperson for District Attorney Vic Reynolds, said sending the questionnaire was standard procedure: “We are required by the Crime Victim’s Bill of Rights to send those forms to all victims or a victim’s next of kin, and it is standard procedure in the Cobb District Attorney’s Office to do so.”
http://www.mdjonline.com/view/full_...ris-defends-husband?instance=home_top_bullets
All posts are MOO

The lawyer is talking out of the both sides of his mouth. LE thinks Leanna is the victim because she got sent the victim impact statement, oh but she's so worried that she'll be arrested.

Her lawyer said that this is "This is the most high-profile case in the social media era that Cobb County’s ever had". I thought that statement was telling, because you would think a lot of lawyers talking about how a media circus has affected their clients would make more grandiose claims. It seems like her and her lawyer have different opinions on it, as Leanna thinks that the amount of media coverage will not allow her to get a job for the past 2 months in a different state, whereas her lawyer simply says this is the biggest case in one county in the past few years. I can think of much bigger claims to make about this case than that, and they would be true.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/mother-child-left-die-hot-car-says-she-misses-her-/ngyBT/

Her lawyer said that this is "This is the most high-profile case in the social media era that Cobb County’s ever had". I thought that statement was telling, because you would think a lot of lawyers talking about how a media circus has affected their clients would make more grandiose claims. It seems like her and her lawyer have different opinions on it, as Leanna thinks that the amount of media coverage will not allow her to get a job for the past 2 months in a different state, whereas her lawyer simply says this is the biggest case in one county in the past few years. I can think of much bigger claims to make about this case than that, and they would be true.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/mother-child-left-die-hot-car-says-she-misses-her-/ngyBT/
Lynn Turner 2 killed (Antifreeze) husband LE and boyfriend fire fighter
Fred Tokars paid someone to shoot wife in front of her 2 young boys
Bart Corbin 2 killed girlfriend and wife
Brian Nichols 4 killed judge court reporter deputy and a federal agent

These may be higher profile than RH & LH will ever be.

All posts are MOO

Lynn Turner 2 killed husband and boyfriend

These may be higher profile thsn RH will ever be.

All posts are MOO

I have never heard of any of those cases except Brian Nichols. I didn't recognize the name, but the circumstances were familiar. I think Ross's case is already the most high-profile of them, but maybe locals disagree.

Obviously LE has not told LH's attorney that she is no longer under investigation or he would have said so. If the attorney is guessing I would tend to believe the case is still being investigated. jmo

LH would never qualify for disability benefits at the young age of 30, imho, without well-documented, long-term, psychological issues which 43 days would not be considered long-term. If she is unable to work for over a year, she still may not qualify for disability benefits without proof of an inability to perform at ANY job. The govt would expect her to be participating in intense therapy and medicated in such a way that it would prevent her from returning to any type of work and not just in her chosen field.
AFAIK, the government does not automatically give disability to parents whose children die.

moo and all that jazz

You are right. Besides having to go a year before filing and years of documentation of psychological issues she would likely (at her age) have to have a disabling physical condition as well. No way could she get disability for this. Besides her behavior suggests she has a personality disorder. That doesn't sit well with the examiners who decide these cases. Blaming the public for being upset over HER child's brutal death seems like a bad decision to me. JMO

Lynn Turner 2 killed (Antifreeze) husband LE and boyfriend fire fighter

These may be higher profile than RH & LH will ever be.

All posts are MOO
He said in the social media era though.

Obviously LE has not told LH's attorney that she is no longer under investigation or he would have said so. If the attorney is guessing I would tend to believe the case is still being investigated. jmo

IMO Her attorney knows perfectly well that the impact statement is no indication of DA losing interest in investigating LH. He was just hoping that publishing it and spinning it's meaning would fool the public and particularly potential jurors. We just are not as dumb as he thinks. LOL JMO

IMO, he wishes.

Fred Tokar and Lynn Turner were much bigger cases

ETA: just saw the 'social media era' statement. Those cases were before then

IMO, he wishes.

Fred Tokar and Lynn Turner were much bigger cases

ETA: just saw the 'social media era' statement. Those cases were before then

It is interesting to hear that there have been bigger cases in Cobb County, alone, because it felt like after the hearing, a lot of people expect(ed) this case to be one of the biggest cases of the decade (or whenever) out of the entire country. People have said this is the new Anthony case, and I don't think that is simply because a parent killed their child, but because people expect it will end up being as publicized and well-known.

It is interesting to hear that there have been bigger cases in Cobb County, alone, because it felt like after the hearing, a lot of people expect(ed) this case to be one of the biggest cases of the decade (or whenever) out of the entire country. People have said this is the new Anthony case, and I don't think that is simply because a parent killed their child, but because people expect it will end up being as publicized and well-known.
I may be wrong, but I dont believe people are even paying attention anymore, other than those of us that have a passion for justice. No one will be standing in line for tickets or seats.... They aren't even interesting people. It might be televised because CNN is in Atlanta. I think most people are disgusted by what he was doing at work and his bathroom selfies. They are fairly certain he won't walk and are secure in that knowledge and have moved on.
The people that I know that usually follow cases aren't posting about this anymore.
Everyone involved in this case are all well known seasoned profesionaals in their specialties. Their are no wild cards. Ross will be a "guest" at the BIG HOUSE soon enough and probably will be leaving there in a box.
All moo.

All posts are MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads