Found Deceased WA - Jenise Wright, 6, Bremerton, 2 Aug 2014 - #5 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
The plea idea intrigues me. Could the suspect plea as a juvenile to all the charges, avoid trial as an adult, and keep the records sealed??

I can't imagine the DA going for that or the judge. The public outcry would be horrid.

I would hope that the perp's parents are not obliged to pay for his defense. Even though he's living at home, would he be eligible for a public defender or is there a means test that his parents would have to meet?

I'm not sure that his parents would come into it on a trial if he is charged as an adult. Now, for possible civil cases, maybe so.

WS members, could we please all just take a moment to realize her name is spelled Jenise and not Janice or Jenice? This is not just a word, it is a name and she at minimum deserves for us to spell her name correctly.

Please & thank you.

*sorry for the interruption; this is a pet peeve of mine as my daughter has to deal with this daily.*

:giggle: I posted something similar almost daily on Caylee Anthony's forum back in the day.

I get it :loveyou:

I can't imagine the DA going for that or the judge. The public outcry would be horrid.

So what would he plea for? A chance for a shorter sentence? But, as someone under 18, he would be eligible for parole at some point, even down the road. Plea simply to avoid trial? Not knowing what evidence LE has, it's hard to predict what the suspect will do, but I'm not seeing huge advantage to plea unless it's as a juv. Tell me what I'm not seeing!

and this one:

Alex Rozier @AlexRozier · 7m
Neighbors told me that the investigators had stopped by the murder suspects home a few times earlier in the week.

I think there was a visit on Monday. In wonder if he was flagged then based on how he interviewed? JMO

I'm not sure that his parents would come into it on a trial if he is charged as an adult. Now, for possible civil cases, maybe so.

thank you.....

hopefully the W family can sue for wrongful death .... even without a conviction ((hope they start that process soon)) JMHO

I've missed posting with you as well...

Found this article about murder charges..

http://web.kitsapsun.com/redesign/2003-08-16/local/231613.shtml

Granted it's a different county but Washington State must work under the same procedures..

I will predict an indictment for 1st degree murder along with being charged as an adult due to his victim being a child under 12...aggravating circumstances will follow.

I wonder if this precious child was in bed and he took her from her bed and home, kidnapping would be another aggravating factor. I hope they throw the book of statutes at this beast..

Thanks for this info!! Very valuable.

My suspicions are that partying got out of hand. Way, way out of hand. I wouldn't be surprised if incidents happened in the past, but this time was different because of increased partying and pushing beyond what has happened before.

I have not sleuthed the suspect and apparently know less than other WSers, but hearing that the community is shocked leads me to believe this was not a creepy loner who gave off weird vibes. This is a young adult who people like. If he was liked, he probably was with friends.

I hope I am wrong, very wrong. I want to learn he acted alone, but I'm suspicious that others were involved or at least others knew about it.

Man. I was a "bad" kid and partied quite a bit with groups of teens. I would never describe the rape and murder or a baby as partying that got out of hand!!!

I can imagine the woods were for all sorts of play, .....and hiding from adults. Young people get sexualized so quickly with the internet and video games. And violence gets mixed with sex. Who teaches kids boundaries?

i must say something in defense of teen boys. I helped raise my three brother in laws (mother in law is mentally ill), through their rough and tumble years from 8, 10 and 12 through to adulthood (they're now 18, 20 and almost 22). I've been up to my ears in teen boys. Teens that disappoint you, gravely at times. Teens obsessed with war and violent videos. Teens who make terrible mistakes. Teens who try drugs, refuse to go back to school, beat up on each other and have anger fits that involve putting holes in walls and breaking valuable things.

Never would ANY I have known be capable if an atrocity like this.

Most teen boys are sweet natured,IMO, less burnt by the sun than older men, more innocent, tighter bonds with friends, more romantic with girlfriends, sweet with little ones, hopeful and positive about the world. In general.

I think it takes either a real monster or someone with a catastrophic mental illness to do something like this.

Interesting thought.

Gitana, thanks for being on this thread. Question. At age 17, do the parents represent the child with the atty? Can the parents make that decision if their isn't a guardian ad litem (can't remember the correct terminology) etc? How does that work? Can parents of a 17 year old over ride the wishes of a minor?

No. If they are in the juvenile system, parents are typically heavily involved in their defense. Talking to lawyers, hiring them, notified about court dates, etc. but they are not allowed to override the decisions of the teens.

suspect commenting facebook.....was that on a facebook page that can be linked?

I don't think so. I saw Rozier requesting some people 'follow' him on twitter, likely to PM with him about details, etc. JMO

So what would he plea for? A chance for a shorter sentence? But, as someone under 18, he would be eligible for parole at some point, even down the road. Plea simply to avoid trial? Not knowing what evidence LE has, it's hard to predict what the suspect will do, but I'm not seeing huge advantage to plea unless it's as a juv. Tell me what I'm not seeing!

to avoid a trial:

no details would be required - just a guilty plea
would save him humiliation

I don't understand why LE does not release the suspects name. They towed 3 cars from his house, they were there all night, and they arrested him at home. Does that not count as releasing his name? jmo

Juvenile criminal records/proceedings are always kept sealed. LE will release his name as soon as he is transferred to adult status.

to avoid a trial:

no details would be required - just a guilty plea
would save him humiliation

I think details would be given in a statement of facts. His version of what happened needs to pan out and be verified. I'm not sure if the statement of facts would be released though. JMO

suspect commenting facebook.....was that on a facebook page that can be linked?

not yet...let's hope tomorrow we'll have the unnamed minor thing taken care of and we'll have a name with an adult charge then you can sleuth him and get into his social media.

WS members, could we please all just take a moment to realize her name is spelled Jenise and not Janice or Jenice? This is not just a word, it is a name and she at minimum deserves for us to spell her name correctly.

Please & thank you.

*sorry for the interruption; this is a pet peeve of mine as my daughter has to deal with this daily.*

Sometimes it's spell check or predictive text. I'm sure no disrespect is intended or implied. People have all kinds of reasons for misspellings including some disabilities. I do understand what you are saying though.

Actually, I was molested by my uncle- I was a teen, and it is considered incest-uncle-to-niece by definition.

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that Lina!

The crimes of rape and incest are totally separate crimes. A person can be guilty of both, though, due to the same act.

Sorry about the orange text earlier, I was trying to use blue. I changed it to black so it's legible.

Hugs everyone!!

Didn't someone here say yesterday that the suspects mother ran a daycare at one time?
If that's the case, the lawsuits might be flying.

I don't know about that. Guardian ad litem I do not think refers to criminal proceedings , only civil. But I've been wrong before. They appoint one in cases like custody where there are 2 parties , the parents fighting over custody and neither of the parents' lawyers has the " child's best interest'' at stake, but rather the parents. I'm sure each parent assumes they have the child's best interest in mind but we know that's not always the case. I never heard of a guardian ad litem in a criminal case. I guess we will see what the legal eagles have to say.

I believe all foster children have a guardian ad litem appointed , all mine did anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member