Found Deceased WA - Jenise Wright, 6, Bremerton, 2 Aug 2014 - #6 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
OT

I really appreciated you posting that data, Gitana. I was just discussing the topic with my MIL recently, as she complained that the world is so horrible nowadays that children cannot play outside anymore like they used to when she was young. I stated that I was pretty sure crimes against children have always existed similar to today, but there was not pervasive media (Social Media, Internet, etc.) spreading news like wildfire. Additionally, sex crimes against adults and children alike were simply not talked about and were swept under the rug.

Anyway, I was really just stating my opinion at the time but was glad to see that information backed up by the data in your links!

I may not be quite right on this figure, but were there 1,000,000 hits a month on the internet for child *advertiser censored*?

Were people making all of these videos of their own children and others to have on the net?

Do people say that we should watch for the *advertiser censored* to show up on the offender's electronics?

Yup. I know there were no electronics a few years back.

There is no way that crimes against children have not increased.

AZ doesn't do daylight savings time though. We are the same time as the west coast right now.

Is Murder 1 the same as Capital Murder I wonder-meaning a death occurred during the commission of a felony crime (law in Texas)

Also-I am very curious about the home life of alleged /charged arrestee

Would not suprise me if they did go around interviewing the neighborhood kids/parents about what he was like.

Alex Rozier ‏@AlexRozier · 36s
He has NO criminal history. #JeniseWright

https://twitter.com/AlexRozier

Oh, about hashtags, I get practically the same using Jenise Wright or #jenisewright, btw. The hashtag ones show up using Jenise Wright in the search. hth They do help I think for trending topics, I think.

Is Murder 1 the same as Capital Murder I wonder-meaning a murder happened in the commission of a felony crime (in Texas)

I'm sure we'll learn that he was the boy next door type etc.

Interesting comments on that article.

I'm behind on the thread right now so apologies if it's been mentioned already. The pic in the comments is not correct. Different person who lives elsewhere. That error has been circulating online for the last two days. Poor kid.

Is Murder 1 the same as Capital Murder I wonder-meaning a death occurred during the commission of a felony crime (law in Texas)

I believe so, depends on different states which term. Murder one is the most serious charge there is .

Unless things have changed, that custody hearing is going to be in the very same building the suspect will be in.

I can't imagine all the emotional feelings they are dealing with. Getting their other kids back and watching a suspect who caused pain. So heart wrenching .

I can't imagine all the emotional feelings they are dealing with. Getting their other kids back and watching a suspect who caused pain. So heart wrenching .

I wonder if parents will attend suspects hearing?

Murder 1 means he planned this right?

It should mean that. But currently, jurisdictions have been using 2 seconds of forethought to qualify as "premeditation". Premeditation used to mean it was actually planned, with schemes for how to cover evidence, obtaining items to hide the body/clean the scene, prepare an alibi, etc. Recently premeditation has just meant walking over to the victim or grabbing a knife. So who knows. Maybe they do have evidence of planning ahead.

Murder in the 1st Degree in Washington State:

Murder in the first degree.

(1) A person is guilty of murder in the first degree when:

(a) With a premeditated intent to cause the death of another person, he or she causes the death of such person or of a third person; or

(b) Under circumstances manifesting an extreme indifference to human life, he or she engages in conduct which creates a grave risk of death to any person, and thereby causes the death of a person; or

(c) He or she commits or attempts to commit the crime of either (1) robbery in the first or second degree, (2) rape in the first or second degree, (3) burglary in the first degree, (4) arson in the first or second degree, or (5) kidnapping in the first or second degree, and in the course of or in furtherance of such crime or in immediate flight therefrom, he or she, or another participant, causes the death of a person other than one of the participants: Except that in any prosecution under this subdivision (1)(c) in which the defendant was not the only participant in the underlying crime, if established by the defendant by a preponderance of the evidence, it is a defense that the defendant:

(i) Did not commit the homicidal act or in any way solicit, request, command, importune, cause, or aid the commission thereof; and

(ii) Was not armed with a deadly weapon, or any instrument, article, or substance readily capable of causing death or serious physical injury; and

(iii) Had no reasonable grounds to believe that any other participant was armed with such a weapon, instrument, article, or substance; and

(iv) Had no reasonable grounds to believe that any other participant intended to engage in conduct likely to result in death or serious physical injury.

(2) Murder in the first degree is a class A felony.

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=9A.32.030

Just announced on king 5 he will be charged as an adult and gave his name

Alex Rozier‏@AlexRozier·9 mins
Since the 17 year old murder suspect will be tried as an adult we will be releasing his name soon.

Alex Rozier‏@AlexRozier·8 mins
The detectives are 100% certain that this 17 year old is guilty. "His defense cannot be that we have the wrong guy."

Alex Rozier‏@AlexRozier·8 mins
No matter what happens in court the boy cannot receive the death penalty, according to Kitsap County Prosecutor. #JeniseWright

My thought is that for now, the words are just a way to try to deal with the pain. I imagine this family is in a state of shock with the news that their precious child is dead and has been horribly violated by someone they knew.

I don't, for myself, believe he is anywhere near forgiveness, but I think for the sake of his sanity and for his family, who are probably just reeling with hate right now, he has to test the words and try to bring some sort of calmness to the forefront.

In my opinion, right now, they are just empty words in his struggle to deal with what has happened and keep the rest of his family together and sane.

Just my thoughts and written as a member, not a moderator, so please feel free to disagree.

Salem

He's not. It takes time. Four years for me. I truly feel for this family. It hasn't even sunk in yet. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993