Found Deceased WA - Jenise Wright, 6, Bremerton, 2 Aug 2014 - #7 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even prosecutors have concerns regarding his mental health. GG could be found incompetent to stand trial as opposed to claiming insanity. Big difference.

Gaeta will be evaluated by at least one doctor at Western State Hospital to determine whether he understands the charges against him and whether he can assist his lawyers in defending him. The request for the evaluation was brought by prosecutors, who had concerns over Gaeta's prescription for medication to treat depression, along with behavior he exhibited before and after he was taken

Shock expressed over teen's arrest in 6-year-old's death
Andrew Binion
6:07 PM, Aug 12, 2014
2 mins ago
http://www.kitsapsun.com/news/local...over-teens-arrest-in-6yearolds-death_93475800

I can't stop thinking about how Jenise might have really looked up to GG, was fond of him, trusted him, like a cool uncle, his older brothers friend, ugh. These kids are so vulnerable. Just breaks my heart. What she must have been thinking during. She must have been so terrified (thats not even the word). I know this has been mentioned a million times, just wanted to say it. :(

What Jessica told ARS while she was in his custody:
You know, when ARS had Jessica tied up to his bed, and he was doing who knows what to her, Jessica asked if she would ever see her mother again. He told her yes. It absolutely breaks my heart that this was the question she asked him.

I hear you but it happened twice?
Stepping in here: Yes, because IMO the only time he had to regroup was when no one was in the room. It really depends on his actual demeanor, whether it was just being able to break his "tune out", or a smart alek strut around the room. Again, speaking only from my own experiences with doing something that I knew was wrong, what upside was there to him interacting with LE? If he had any kind of conscience at all, at that point he had turned in on himself when anyone was around trying to figure out why he had done what he had done, and what, if anything, was the best course of action. I knew I could go for days without interacting with anyone in my house, without food, until I came up with some way to make what I had done wrong, right. Of course, nothing was at this end of the spectrum., but when I'd screwed up, I needed to make it as right as I could. This guy has no way to make it right.

It's so perplexing. We've heard from one person who said she told GG to stay away from her 11yo daughter, but everyone else seemed to like this guy.

Could be friend of family as it seems contradictory to other people's account of the accused.

It could have valuable teachable moments though.

Stranger Danger (and nonstranger danger, as an obvious matter of fact) is an important and necessary thing for kids to know. But jeez, not like this. Words can not express how hard it was to talk to my students about this seriously, without traumatizing them. It's a fine line. I mean you want them to be scared in the sense that they are extra careful, but these types of things that happened in Jessica's case are just too much for a kids' psyche, (rape, dismemberment, etc.) imo. These things are too much for an adult's psyche!! Thank goodness so many gory details in JR's case were kept under wraps, for the kids' sakes. jmo

I find it hard to believe that he could not have asphyxiated her. He is a wrestler. Isn't there a move called the choke-hold? Why the blood and gore? Was he into that? So cruel and unnecessary. JMO

This won't necessarily be a popular opinion, but here goes. When something horrendous like this happens, especially when the perp is young him/herself, we always seek ways to 'understand,' to 'explain,' to make the crime make sense is some way. Even though we should (and do, really) know better, we always seem to expect the inward evil to manifest itself outwardly. We WANT criminals who commit monstrous acts to look look monstrous. We don't want them to look like a normal person, like a neighbor kid, like someone in our own family, perhaps. Because if monsters don't LOOK like monsters, and they don't ACT like monsters in everyday life, how are we ever going to know who they are? How are we ever going to stop them from hurting someone? From hurting us or someone we love?? Well, the truth is we can't, and that is just too terrifying to contemplate. So we search for answers......

gitana1, can you help me to understand why he would be eligible to get bail? ( I sure hope no one bails him out) Why wasn't bail denied? Thanks

Kitsap County prosecutor Kelly Montgomery asked for $1 million "based on the heinous nature of the crime that is alleged."

She also asked for other conditions, including that he not be allowed to contact minors under age 18 or frequent areas where minors would go. Judge Kevin Hull agreed to both the bail and other restricting conditions.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/12/gabriel-gaeta-jenise-wright_n_5672724.html

I second this, tia. :wave: (I'm sure its here somewhere, so many posts...)

I find it hard to believe that he could not have asphyxiated her. He is a wrestler. Isn't there a move called the choke-hold? Why the blood and gore? Was he into that? So cruel and unnecessary. JMO

Exactly! Wrestlers know many holds and chokes. That stands out to me too!

I'm reading a lot of posts regarding sleepovers for teens. Just my opinion. I have 3 kids (9, 11 and 15). My teen always hangs out at a friend's house for the night on one wknd night. They pig out on teen food and watch sci fi movies and play their electrical guitars loud. Not all teens are at risk to get tempted to commit these heinous crimes. Mental health plays a big part here and his red flags were missed. Maybe religious beliefs with parenting styles played a part. I'm leaning towards mental health issues in this case with a side of current culture. Raising a family,is much harder than the 70s and 80s in respect to values and society expectations. I'm not going to be scared to let my kids do the things I did when I was their age.

Thank you!

It's so perplexing. We've heard from one person who said she told GG to stay away from her 11yo daughter, but everyone else seemed to like this guy.

Was this ever confirmed? I think this came from a tweet?

Was this ever confirmed? I think this came from a tweet?

You're right. It was a reporter's tweet, IIRC, so I did put some trust in it. But, you're right...perhaps it should be questioned before believing.

Question re: the timeline (just wondering), as posted by Woe, see post 441:

Monday, Aug 4th:

Which happened first, the finding of the underwear, or LE's visit to GG's residence? (I looked on the PCS, it didn't jump out, maybe I'm just going crosseyed)--tia

They found underwear in the mud with DNA from an unknown person and DNA from JW. That is when the voluntary DNA sampling commenced.

I should have added that the "unknown person" DNA was later confirmed to be GG.

Thanks, if this is the case, Woe, could you please reverse the 2 events chronologically in the timeline? TIA

quote:
"Monday, August 4 - LE went to GG's residence and found him at home with his mother and stepfather.
They explained that GG was too upset at the moment to really speak to LE or to give a DNA sample.
Mother asked LE to come back later.
GG's stepfather told LE that GG was home all weekend.

The search and rescue team found a pair of little girl's underwear (size 5) while searching the southeast perimeter of the Steele Creek mobile home park along with a pair of young girl's shorts.
Both had red stains on them. A quick test confirmed the stains were blood."

I'm getting my butt kicked by a kidney stone and way behind, is there anything new?

Agreed. There is a difference between a reason and an excuse. As long as reasons don't morph into excuses than I think reasons should be looked at. It helps us understand and potentially prevent the behavior.

Just finished through post 500. Slow poke turtle - that's my other choice for alternative names in addition to "uncanny".

Not sure if the question has been resolved as to what happened first on August 4th - if LE went to GG's house first or if they found J's clothing in the bog area first. I haven't reread the PCS again yet but iirc the order of events isn't clear within the statement. They may have occurred rather simultaneously if one team of LE went to the house while search and rescue team was out searching. I'm not sure.
In any case, my post was and is no longer in edit mode (time ran out), so I'm unable to switch the order of events under August 4.

By the time I finish reading this thread, it will be closed so I'm posting now.

When J's underwear and shorts were found on August 4, LE had no idea there would be DNA from a perp on them. They tested the red stains via a quick method and knew it was blood almost immediately. It wasn't known until August 6 that the blood belonged to Jenise.
That's when the semen DNA was uncovered as well (the crime lab had the items on August 5th and probably began testing and then told LE results on the 6th). So, on the 6th, they knew they had semen but didn't know whose. It was the 9th of August that the Crime Lab matched GG's DNA sample to the semen DNA (discovered in the lab earlier). In other words, LE didn't know about the semen stain the same day the items were collected from the field. That was bonus evidence and a novice molester/rapist mistake imo.

vasportsmom, hope your attack is over by now. That must be an awfully painful condition.

Lastly, yes I believe we all try to grasp for explanations why bad things happen. Psychology tries to find answers to our questions about human behavior. It seems the remedies for brain disorders haven't come too far nor has our understanding of moral ineptitude.

Question, has it been mentioned if GG attended church? Just wondering, tia.

I think the blunt force injuries are evidence of RAGE. I think he was repressing lots of anger and rage and it all came forth in this violent episode. I read as many interviews as I could find, describing GG. And he has been described as shy, polite, introverted, reserved, speaks only when spoken to, nice.

I see that as possibly repressed emotion, waiting to blow. He had a few older brothers who were star athletes and very well known and popular. GG suffered from depression and was shy and reserved. I see that as potentially repressed anger and insecurity. Was he afraid of trying to live up to familial expectations?

http://www.nami.org/Template.cfm?Se...aggedPageDisplay.cfm&TPLID=54&ContentID=23049

Dual Diagnosis: Substance Abuse and Mental Illness

Dual diagnosis is a term used to describe people with mental illness who have coexisting problems with drugs and/or alcohol. The relationship between the two is complex, and the treatment of people with co-occurring substance abuse (or substance dependence) and mental illness is more complicated than the treatment of either condition alone. This is unfortunately a common situation—many people with mental illness have ongoing substance abuse problems, and many people who abuse drugs and alcohol also experience mental illness...

I, for one, could give not give a rat's ars about GG's athletic claims to fame. In my eyes, he is evil. Pure evil. My heart breaks, as a parent, for Jenise's family and GG's family. The pain must be immense and immeasurable. What a tragedy for the entire community.

Certainly, he will have plenty of time to work on his kleenex flower skills.

"During the interview, when detectives were outside the room but watching on a closed circuit camera, a detective wrote Gaeta had been stretching, yawning and “moving about” the room. He also rolled up a Kleenex into “what appeared to be a flower.”

http://www.kitsapsun.com/news/local-news/teen-murder-suspect-to-be-tried-as-adult_29281406

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member