Found Deceased WA - Jenise Wright, 6, Bremerton, 2 Aug 2014 - #8 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree on him being a Socio. Perhaps the opportunity just presented itself?

I am anxiously awaiting the psych assessment results. Will the results be made public? I am sure in court they will be but to the general public?

I don't understand what GG chopping firewood with Jenises father has to do with GG raping and murdering JWs daughter. I don't understand why your friends father being a mentor is raising so many questions. I don't get why JW embracing his faith and speaking about forgiveness is an issue. Perhaps it's his way of coping and helps with his grieving.
Perhaps I am missing the point completely

I am trying to figure things out. Like why does he need a mentor to teach him to be a "man" when he is surrounded by a step father, brothers, and coaches. Many coaches all through his life, I imagine.

I am wondering where they went to chop wood as I live by forests and I cannot figure out where one would chop wood if one does not own land with trees.

Did they drive a long ways away? To where that it would be legal to cut wood?

If they went to a forest away, why didn't GG go to a forest farther away.

I suppose he thought he was safe where he was.

****GRAPHIC WARNING****

I struggle to write this as it will seem cold, calculating and clinical but here goes.

IMO, GG wanted sex with a child pure and simple and I think the reasoning is that it ramped up the excitement level for him. He was taking antidepressants and MANY antidepressants have sexual side effects. In order to get satisfaction, he NEEDED more than just the everyday sexual experience.

He needed excitement, danger, control, violence and whatever else he could get from it in order to satisfy his needs.

I don't believe that it was revenge motivated at all and I don't think it was something that got out of control. It was what he wanted. It was ALL ABOUT HIM, because that's what's important to him.

IMO he had been thinking about it for a while and JW may have been in his sights for quite some time. The opportunity presented itself and he took advantage of it. Then he realized what he had done and that he had no choice but to kill her.

If it hadn't been JW it would have been some other child.

My guess is that we will hear that he had been surfing the net for child *advertiser censored* for quite some time.

This is entirely MOO.

Last night of freedom. He was arrested the day after the vigil.

And now he will NEVER smell free air again. I've got to wonder, does the punk think it was worth it? Destroying not only a baby, but his own family and his own life as well?

I;m so satisfied to know he will never be released.

BTW, I want to try a timeline of his behavior:

8-3-14 - Jenise reported missing
8-4-14 - Gaeta too upset to speak with LE or give a DNA sample
??- Gaeta drives his mom in car as she's interviewed by Kevin McCarty. She cries. His stomach shows he may be nervous but his face shows no emotion.
[modsnip]
8-7-14 - Jenise is found.
8-8-14 - Gaeta is interviewed in his bed, distraught, crying and leaning against the wall. He can barely get out of bed. He gives a DNA sample.
8-8-14 - Gaeta attends a vigil for Jenise, holds a candle and does not appear in the least bit distraught.
8-9-14 - Gaeta is brought into interview room, cries and lets snot drip from his nose during interview. He won't answer questions about Jenise, really. He stares at one spot, motionless, refusing tissues, for one hour. The moment LE leaves the room, he moves around, wipes his nose, stretches and yawns. They comeback and he is once again silent and motionless and refuses to communicate much. They leave the room again and Gaeta again moves around and stretches. This time he makes a flower out of a napkin. LE dash back in to catch him moving, clearly not immobilized by grief and this time he does not attempt to become totally catatonic again, knowing his cover is blow, IMO.

But he seems to be involved in his son's life, doesn't he?

IMO, JMO

How do you know?

No. Having the other children removed from the home by CPS is fairly standard procedure in a disappearance/murder such as this. Discussing this has nothing to do with sleuthing Jenise's murder and doesn't serve our victims.

I wouldn't dare break the rule and I agree it is not relevant. But I do want to say that I completely disagree that it is routine to remove all children from a home when a kid living there goes missing. There 100% must be probable cause and a missing kid is not sufficient.

In WA, CPS needs a pick up order from the court before removal. CPS must draft and sign and file with the court a dependency petition and sworn statement supporting the pick up order. The petition must shows reasonable grounds to believe the child’s health, safety, or welfare will be seriously endangered if not taken into custody.

LE can remove children without a court order though, but only if

There is probable cause to believe that the child is abused or neglected
AND
The child would be injured
OR
The child could not be taken into custody if it were necessary to first obtain a court order.

In a case where a kid went missing, if other kids in the home were removed merely because their sibling or whoever was missing, to "sort things out", (which is just not probable cause in my experience and would not occur), then the arrest of a perp would be enough for the return of the kids at the next dependency court hearing.

I know none of this is relevant to this case at this time but I wanted to clear up the law because it can make a difference for future cases. Removal of children in such cases is generally relevant to the disappearance - typically to what LE knows or is thinking about who is responsible - but, as we have seen, not always.

I want to say, in your daughters defense, most 8 yr olds do weird and worrisome things. And most 8 yr olds mimic our human behavior because they are just learning about it themselves. I remember once on a road trip, passing a horrible car accident with ambulances and cop cars, and saying to the kids, ' isnt that horrible?' ...and my 8 yr old son shrugged and said " Sucks to be them" and went back to his mario brothers game. :eek:

I was so upset, and convinced that he had no empathy or compassion...but he is now grown and an EMT first responder and has plenty of compassion and caring towards others.

Only saying this because I'd hate for you to unconsciously assign to your DD, the bad attributes of her birth father. :cry: It is easy to do because she probably does lots of things that remind you of him. OK< off soap box now. :wave:

Man, I 100% agree. Kids can appear totally sociopathic. When they're not.

I remember when my grandmother died when I was about 8. My brothers were 10 and 12. My parents started flipping out crying. We ran and hid under the piano, laughing. Every one of is pretty sensitive and very empathetic to others. But kids are just figuring things out. And they react oddly at times to the unexpected or to tragedy or the feelings of others.

I do believe, however, that empathy can be taught in most cases and usually has to be to some degree. That involves talking to your kids about how others feel and expressing sorrow, to your kids about the misfortune of others, asking them how they feel about it and how they would feel in another's shoes.

My youngest brother in law acted like a psychopath when he was young, almost. He loved gore and horror and war and talked about shocking, violent things. he liked all black or only camouflage. He had trichotillomania and had various anxieties that he wouldn't voice much but he acted totally unconcerned about the feelings of others and was selfish, generally and manipulated others (or tried to - it worked with mom but not with us!), via horrible tantrums.

But I kept talking to him and asking him to imagine how others felt. We kept having conversations about the world and people and goodness and suffering and injustice, etc. Then, I remember the huge relief I felt when he came to me one day and was upset because his little friend was being neglected by the mom in favor of the sisters. He told me he thought that was "unfair". He wanted to give him some of his candy to make up for it.

It wasn't over night but he grew into the most generous and usually thoughtful kid. He has free and deep conversations with us about feelings and people and friends and problems and injustice, etc. He's no longer into violence at all. He's such a grateful kid now for everything (he's 18 this past June!). I'm super, super proud of who he has become. He's a gorgeous, lovely kid, he's worked super, super hard to get past his learning disabilities (crazy smart but with processing and speech disorders that he has worked so hard on), he's kind (mostly, sometimes still beats his brothers up when they annoy him!!) and I love him to bits!!!

But I will admit we had our fears as he was growing up!!

Just wanted to stop in after some housekeeping...

* Please do not discuss either families' religious beliefs or backgrounds

* Please do not discuss GG's past girlfriend, friends or the W children other than Jenise. All of these kiddos are minors and are 100% off-limits

* Please consider that GG's mom is a victim. Discussion how she may have been enabling him or posting her picture is not necessary

I am trying to figure things out. Like why does he need a mentor to teach him to be a "man" when he is surrounded by a step father, brothers, and coaches. Many coaches all through his life, I imagine.

I am wondering where they went to chop wood as I live by forests and I cannot figure out where one would chop wood if one does not own land with trees.

I am simply not buying into this wood mentoring or the mentorship in general. Something is off here.

Lots of folks chop firewood and sell it to supplement their income.

They do where I live as well. But they chop it off of their own land.

It is illegal to chop it off of someone else's land everywhere, I am sure.

And where I live, you cannot go into a public forest and chop down trees.

So where were they going to chop firewood?

My family has some star athletes and they have told me they go into an entire different mode when in their game, run etc. I don't see them as Jekyll/Hyde.

I agree. My husband was like that when he played football in college. Fun, easy going majority of the time, and then he turned into a football machine on game day, and ONLY focused on that.

So I think I missed the article where JW said he was mentoring GG "to teach him to be a man" I thought he just said mentoring. Strange but maybe he wasn't close to his stepfather and with his own father being far away JW was standing in.
I think as far as the leaving her nearby, he just wanted to get rid of her body and cleaned up as quickly as possible before someone seen him.
TA for explaining btw I was starting to feel lost.

I am not sure. I do know that when I lived in Seattle, there were always people that advertised in the classified section for help with clearing their land etc. Lots and lots of trees in WA, that is for sure.

Oh geez....now I'm getting mixed up if that was the title instead. Oh heck, read 'em all. :)

Could it be Confessions of a Sociopath? I wasn't impressed but it was interesting nevertheless...

Here is what I think happened

GG's testosterone level was really high (as with alot of males at 17)
I think it started with fondling (maybe not the first time) and it went completely out of control. He rape her and after the fact, tried to quiet her and lost control again. It culminated with him doing atrocities to J due to his own rage at himself and possibly blaming the victim as well.

i don't think it was planned at all. However, I think GG was sexually abused himself. How long did he live in the MHP park? Thoughts?
But rape isn't about sexual urges.
Rape is about control, dominance, suffering, etc.

Rape of a child..... ugh. If gg is a pedophile, then yes, he was sexually drawn to a pre pubescent little girl. breaks my heart to type that.

I want to say, in your daughters defense, most 8 yr olds do weird and worrisome things. And most 8 yr olds mimic our human behavior because they are just learning about it themselves. I remember once on a road trip, passing a horrible car accident with ambulances and cop cars, and saying to the kids, ' isnt that horrible?' ...and my 8 yr old son shrugged and said " Sucks to be them" and went back to his mario brothers game. :eek:

I was so upset, and convinced that he had no empathy or compassion...but he is now grown and an EMT first responder and has plenty of compassion and caring towards others.

Only saying this because I'd hate for you to unconsciously assign to your DD, the bad attributes of her birth father. :cry: It is easy to do because she probably does lots of things that remind you of him. OK< off soap box now. :wave:

I hear you there! I know- and it's a constant battle in my head. Some things are just odd- and heck, kids and even teens are very self centered. Normal parts of development by all means! And it's funny- because I'm usually the first to defend her- as I believe would be most mothers.
It's also funny- I don't look at her and think of him much- I know I saved her from him though.
I suppose it's sometimes just something I can't quite put my finger on.. there's something there- something off. I love her all the same and feel even more protective for it. But empathy doesn't seem to be a part of her make-up- usually. And if it is, it seems based off a trend of what I've tried to show her most recently- and then it passes. I've also read that younger kids tend to have to learn it and it may not fully catch until much older. I have no clue so I wait, I support, I guide, and I wait some more just watching. -

I'm always hopeful for her! I just know there's something. I wish I knew what it was- I wish I knew what I could do to help- and I always hope for this to become a phase that passes.
I think of one time when she was 3- an animal abuse commercial came on and she said "they want their mommy"- that seems to be the only point of reference for me that she's experienced any kind of empathy ever. Which leads me to- triggers. Is there a trigger that has to happen? a milestone ?.. There are just things- rather than a lack of caring- but a cruelty.

I appreciate your post though! Always a reminder that she may just be harder learning than most. A learn the hard way type. Stubborn. Has to learn the why of everything. I believe she is quite capable of doing great things with such a strong point of view. I encourage that- and also kindness. Perhaps (and hopefully) I look back and feel embarassed for ever considering such a thing. But I bet it still comes with a diagnosis of some sort.

There is a rather recent book written by an adult female sociopath. (She has never gone down the criminal path and leads a productive life.) If you want me to dig up the title, I would be happy to do so. My teen daughter read it and then shared with me. We both agree we learned so much about sociopaths from this candid book. Perhaps you already know about this book.

I would like to know the name/author of that book, please. That would be a good, informative read, especially told from her perspective. Thank you for mentioning it, details!

I am not sure. I do know that when I lived in Seattle, there were always people that advertised in the classified section for help with clearing their land etc. Lots and lots of trees in WA, that is for sure.

That makes sense. I have never seen ads for that here where I live. People hire tree services because of the liablity.

Cutting trees , I think, is the most dangerous profession of all. Even experienced loggers have trees fall on them and kill them.

They do where I live as well. But they chop it off of their own land.

It is illegal to chop it off of someone else's land everywhere, I am sure.

And where I live, you cannot go into a public forest and chop down trees.

So where were they going to chop firewood?

i bet they chop wood on the land behind the mobile home.

I am simply not buying into this wood mentoring or the mentorship in general. Something is off here.

But what? Maybe it's me being from a different country but here it's fairly common for teenagers to have a mentor outside of the family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle