Australia - Warriena Wright, 26, dies in balcony fall, Surfers Paradise, Aug 2014 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally figured out why I couldn't stand him from the moment I saw his photo.

He looks like Tom Cruise!

Oh thank you fruity! I thought I was the only one who loathed bloody Tom Cruise. Phew.

Well there have been some interesting developments via MSM today. I am glad to hear that LE have a compelling case against GT. It sounds like what they have found might corroborate with some witness accounts and confirm that GT had intent to harm Rrie. At least we might hear some more info at the bail hearing in a few weeks.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I finally figured out why I couldn't stand him from the moment I saw his photo.

He looks like Tom Cruise!
Yeah he has that smiley good looking guy with a touch of hidden psychopath look that Tom has.

Police allege Gable Tostee assaulted Warriena Wright before she plunged to her death from his 14th floor apartment on the Gold Coast

August 17, 2014 12:00AM

‘‘NO, no, no … I just want to go home.”

These were allegedly the last words of terrified Kiwi tourist Warriena “Rrie” Wright as she tried to flee Gold Coast playboy Gable Tostee.

The Sunday Mail has obtained exclusive details of the police case against Tostee, who faced court yesterday charged with murdering Ms Wright only hours after they met on controversial dating site Tinder.

Audio recordings of her last moments, believed to have been extracted by police technical experts from mobile phones found in a car in the building’s basement were the breakthrough detectives needed to arrest Tostee on Friday after an intensive week-long investigation.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...n-the-gold-coast/story-fnihsrf2-1227026801082

Police will allege she was trying to climb to the balcony below to escape Tostee when she fell.

CCTV footage obtained by police allegedly shows Tostee in the building foyer soon after the tragedy.

Police will allege he hid behind a pillar as police surrounded Ms Wright’s body and can be seen pacing backwards and forwards.

He then allegedly got back into the lift, rode to the basement and left the building.

CCTV cameras allegedly recorded him carrying what appeared to be a phone. Police will allege they later found three mobile phones in a car in the Avalon basement

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...n-the-gold-coast/story-fnihsrf2-1227026801082

Despite the arrest, police are still appealing for information from the public – especially women who have had interactions with Tostee.

“We’re interested in hearing from anyone who may be able to provide further information,’’ police regional crime co-ordinator Detective Superintendent Dave Hutchinson said.

The Courier-Mail article pretty much correlates with what I'd been thinking. I didn't think he'd thrown her off, nor that she fell whilst they were intimate on the balcony, rather she was fleeing. The incident being five and a half hours after they met, and that they'd been seen drinking and talking on the balcony, would indicate this occurred much earlier. Perhaps she went back in around midnight and slept, and was awoken by GT assaulting her? Disoriented perhaps, the balcony seemed like the quickest exit to escape by?

Murder sounds like a stretch. Either way, he needs to do time.

If Rrie wanted to go home and was unable to leave via the door it is 'deprivation of liberty'. If GT was interfering with the balcony exit attempt, and in doing so, caused her to fall, then I understand the murder charge.

The Courier-Mail article pretty much correlates with what I'd been thinking. I didn't think he'd thrown her off, nor that she fell whilst they were intimate on the balcony, rather she was fleeing. The incident being five and a half hours after they met, and that they'd been seen drinking and talking on the balcony, would indicate this occurred much earlier. Perhaps she went back in around midnight and slept, and was awoken by GT assaulting her? Disoriented perhaps, the balcony seemed like the quickest exit to escape by?

Murder sounds like a stretch. Either way, he needs to do time.

I agree, I'm not too sure about a murder verdict. I have to admit I never thought she would try to scale down from balcony to next floor. Yes, Warriena must have been disorientated and fearful for her life. I wonder what he said or if he had a weapon. The poor girl, I just can't imagine the fear she was in to attempt something so dangerous that it caused her death.

It reminds me of this case -

A knife-wielding intruder is believed to have forced two international students to perform sex acts before they fell naked onto concrete from their third-floor balcony in Waterloo.

Wei Liao, an 18-year-old Chinese student was killed, and her 19-year-old Korean boyfriend, Chris Han, suffered a fractured pelvis and legs after they fell 25 metres outside the McEvoy Street flat about 1.45pm on Sunday.

The couple had been held hostage for more than an hour with their 20-year-old female flatmate and a female friend, police said.

Redfern's local area commander, Luke Freudenstein, believed the pair had been climbing to safety on the balcony below when they fell. "We have no information before us at this time that indicates they were forced to jump," he said.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/balcony-plunge-sex-twist/2008/10/27/1224955890913.html

Police will allege she was trying to climb to the balcony below to escape Tostee when she fell.

CCTV footage obtained by police allegedly shows Tostee in the building foyer soon after the tragedy.

Police will allege he hid behind a pillar as police surrounded Ms Wright’s body and can be seen pacing backwards and forwards.

He then allegedly got back into the lift, rode to the basement and left the building.

CCTV cameras allegedly recorded him carrying what appeared to be a phone. Police will allege they later found three mobile phones in a car in the Avalon basement

That mongrel :maddening:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 105
I'm picturing her locking herself in the bathroom for some hours after having been sexually assaulted, and then being caught trying to sneak out of the deadlocked door, and being grabbed at as she then attempted to climb down the balcony. jmo

If Rrie wanted to go home and was unable to leave via the door it is 'deprivation of liberty'. If GT was interfering with the balcony exit attempt, and in doing so, caused her to fall, then I understand the murder charge.

Police would have consulted the prosecutor to determine the best charge to lay. They won't be going on a whim here. Everyone wants a successful prosecution to get this predator away from girls for a long, long time.

I understand the murder charge too.

I take it that this would be the foyer. Sketchy pillar type things are back a bit.

image.jpg

And this appears to be more of the foyer/ground floor.

image.jpg

It is so horrific, thinking of those three screams now .. the second one filled with fear .. was Warriena was on her way to the lower balcony at that point? Why did she waste breath and concentration on screaming fearfully? What was he doing?

Oh, that poor, poor beautiful girl. :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members