TX TX - Fort Worth, WhtMale 44-64, UP3312, healed face/body fractures, 2 rings, Feb'02

rcoope23

Reaction score
Unidentified White Male

•The victim was discovered on February 16, 2002 in Fort Worth, Tarrant County, Texas
•Estimated Date of Death: August 1, 2001
•Partial Skeleton

Vital Statistics

•Estimated age: 44-64 years old
•Approximate Height and Weight: 5'5"-5'11" and unknown weight.
•Distinguishing Characteristics: Grey hair. Eye color is unknown.
•Clothing: Wearing a blue/gray sweater, black denim jeans, two t-shirts, and a black belt.
•Jewelry: Rings (pictured).
•Medical: Decedent probably had facial scars due to numerous healed facial fractures, which included fractured frontal bone over frontal sinus, fracture of right orbital wall with wire sutures at the frontozygomatic suture. Repair of right orbital floor with membranous substance present. Wire sutures were present in right cheek bone suture and left maxilla. Also, healed fracture through the anatomical neck of the left humerus. A healed fracture in one of the proximal hand phalanges, possible right 2nd phalanx, healed fractures of left ribs (8 and 9), and a healed fracture of the mid-shaft left fibula.
•Dentals: Available. Upper teeth absent. Surgical wires upper and lower maxilla.

Case History
The victim was located at a homeless person's camp on private property in Fort Worth, TX.
Several business cards were found at the scene, including two army recruiting business cards from Dallas and Fort Worth.

Investigators
If you have any information about this case please contact:
Texas Department of Public Safety
512-424-5074
Or
Tarrant County Medical Examiner
Dana Austin
817-920-5700
You may remain anonymous when submitting information.

ME Case Number: 020942T; TDPS U0808009; NamUs 3312

NCIC Number:
U-260017398
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
Texas Department of Public Safety
NamUs

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/w/walvatne_mervin.html

I think Mervin is a good possible for this UID.
Age- Mervin was 53 when he went missing in 1990. If he died in 2001 he would be within the age range stated for the UID.
Upper Teeth missing- Mervin wore upper dentures.
Facial injuries- Mervin had facial injuries like the UID.
Lifestyle- Mervin was an alcoholic when he went missing and could easily have ended up in a homeless camp.
Distance- Iowa to Texas I think is pretty reasonable with the time frame involved.

Thanks carbuff. I have submitted to Doenetwork and on the missing person's side. Unfortunately I can't find an email for Tarrant County and the UID. Don't they know us Aussies care about giving UID's back their names as well?

Thanks carbuff. I have submitted to Doenetwork and on the missing person's side. Unfortunately I can't find an email for Tarrant County and the UID. Don't they know us Aussies care about giving UID's back their names as well?

Significant numbers of law enforcement agencies in the US consider email a nuisance at best and a shocking number are so far behind the times they only have one or two people who even know how to send and read email. It's sad...

Here is an email address for a person on the administrative staff at Tarrant County: tjwilson@tarrantcounty.com

Hope this helps!

Three missing men have been ruled out. https://identifyus.org/cases/3312

Exclusions
The following people have been ruled out as being this decedent:

First Name Last Name Year of Birth State LKA

James Bradford 1942 Arizona
Carlo Pfaff 1944 South Carolina
Richard Rinehart 1934 Texas

He has DNA available now. They also have a rather bad picture of two rings he was wearing:
33709.jpeg

I wonder if anyone ever heard back about Mervin? With all the facial reconstruction and the dentures, it seemed like a good match.

I have a friend that works for the ME's office that is going to suggest Mervin as a match, since there isn't an email contact for their investigators that I can find. I'll let you know if I hear anything.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back