MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wilson had a legal responsibility to apprehend a suspected felon, and specially after he was assaulted by Brown.
It doesn't matter that you believe e should have been allowed to simply run away to rob & assault another day.
Wilson's JOB was to stop him...and he did. He was 100% justified IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is no way this guy should be dead in the street on a clear afternoon unless he drew a gun on the cop too. Im sorry. I have a lot of allowances that I can give the officer, But not shooting him and killing him in the middle of the street. Not over cigars. Not because he was running away.

I am agreeing that I think they ran, then I started rattling on about some thoughts I have... lol wasn't disagreeing

im not sure waht you are trying to say as it relates to my post, are you agreeing that he did try to flee?

We were just having a conversation about this last night. This officer HAS to be charged, he will be the scape goat so that they can say that he was in the wrong. I think this is completely wrong./ This officer has had an impeccable record on the force for 6 years, and now he is going to lose everything because that is the only way that the officials think will calm everything down. I believe that the officer should not be charged, he should be relocated to another state. And martial law go into effect 24/7 until things calm down. That way an innocent officer does not lose everything because these people want his head!!!!

It's very possible this officer will have PTSD after all this. His family has had to flee their home.....people demanding his arrest has got to take an emotional toll on a person. He shouldn't be back out on the street soon. I think he would have a good claim for worker's comp for at least the immediate future.

JMO

<mod snip>

Your 1.5 yr old is in your home and safe from you. This is a community that has to teach their boys how not to get killed because of the color of their skin. STILL. In 2014 Race is still something that can get you killed.

I think this cop over stepped and made a grave error. And I think he will end up being charged for it.

Oh ok, it's acceptable when their boys shot and kill one another, for no good reason ...but when law enforcement trying to make the community safer by protecting store keepers from strong arm robbers is assaulted by a suspected felon and is forced to defend himself...it's upsetting????

Explain to me how that works.

Retweeted by STLtoday
joelcurrier &#8207;@joelcurrier 45m
The controversial pathologist Shawn Parcells assisted the family's private autopsy on #MikeBrown #Ferguson His story: http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/metro/article_0662e5b1-dcfa-578f-9487-8ab6a176ea4d.html …

Oh, WOW, that link was well worth the read, especially the part about Inflated Qualifications:

For instance, a few months ago, his LinkedIn profile stated he had been a graduate student at the University of Florida for two years, but he acknowledges that he never attended a class there.

Baden didn't rely on him too much, did he?

Yes. I do agree that race can get you killed. And I think it's a crime people are profiled. However, I am not even close to believing that that was the case here. And if people were truly teaching their kids how not to get killed because of their race, I doubt he would have aggressively robbed a store and struggled and ran from a cop. I will always teach my child to listen and obey an officer. If in the wash of events it comes out that the officer over stepped their bounds, I would do what it takes to see that action against that officer was taken.

And if it's a community problem, the community needs to change it. Raise their boys to be officers in their community, protest before events happen. Document actual examples of profiling, and be like a thorn in their side until the results you want are achieved.

Physically attacking and robbing a store clerk as well as attacking and disobeying LE will never end any issue.

But he was out of danger at that point. MB had no gun. So he basically just got out and started shooting at him.

I see no proof of MB attacking him yet. I would love to see photos that back that up.

NO< he was not out of danger. It doesnt work that way for Law Enforcement officers. If someone jumps them and tries to steal their weapon, assaults them physically, then that person cannot be allowed to just walk off into the crowd. Far too many killings of LE that happen out in broad daylight, no provocation. So if someone attacks a cop, they are not considered 'safe' to be out in the community.

Can you even imagine what it must feel like to this community to have another black man unarmed gunned down in broad daylight AGAIN? I can't. I just can't. I bet most of this violence is a reaction to great fear and frustration. This can not go on. It just can't. Police can not just kill people because they cannot handle the situation. Why didn't he mace MB? Or TAZER him. Or call for back up.. Why did he chase a guy who had already run away SHOOTING him as he ran??

This was a potential cigar stealing person. Not a murder suspect.

So are you totally rejecting reports that Brown was going for the officers gun? I think it would have been difficult for the officer to go for his mace or taser when he was struggling to maintain possession of his firearm against a 6'4'', 265 lb man. Pretty hard to call for back up during a struggle, don't you think? You don't know if he was shooting him as he ran away from him or shooting him as he was coming toward him and neither does anyone else since the investigation report hasn't been released.

There is a saying in medicine and healthcare that when you hear hoof beats, look for horses, not zebras. Media likes to ignore the stampeding horses, and go to extraordinary lengths to try to manufacture a hidden zebra. IMO. This article, with its headline, is a perfect example of that. And a perfect example of extraordinary media bias.

The glaringly obvious information from Dr Baden's exam is that the shots came came from the front, and entered the front of the victim. Any other interpretation is reaching, in the extreme. IMO, and in Dr Baden's opinion, apparently. There is just no way to make this into a "shot in the back" situation. Nope.

But I agree with others that the truth is irrelevant to those with an agenda. It's just an inconvenience to be suppressed and ignored. There is no truth bold enough, or big enough, or clear enough, for those that believe MB was innocent and the offer murdered him. The truth just doesn't matter to some people with a deeply entrenched agenda. IMO.

So excellent it needs another thank you.
Hoping all read this post.

So now that it's been released that MB was shot in the front, not in the back...has anyone changed their mind? Or at least changed their tune of "shot an unarmed man in the back as he ran away"? Just curious

Citation: Mr. Brown, 18, was also shot four times in the right arm, he said, adding that all the bullets were fired into his front.
From NY Times http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/08/1...was-shot-at-least-6-times.html?_r=0&referrer=

Via Kindle, like a true Amazon junkie

listen to the PC I just posted from Fox link..

There is no way this guy should be dead in the street on a clear afternoon unless he drew a gun on the cop too. Im sorry. I have a lot of allowances that I can give the officer, But not shooting him and killing him in the middle of the street. Not over cigars. Not because he was running away.

Apparently, you are unfamiliar with law enforcements sworn duty and the evidence.

But he was out of danger at that point. MB had no gun. So he basically just got out and started shooting at him.

I see no proof of MB attacking him yet. I would love to see photos that back that up.

That's not the way it works. LE is not *required* to stop pursuit just because the suspect runs away. (Even though that's clearly not what happened in this case.)

Can you imagine if the laws were structured that way? "I just killed that guy, but I ran away. You can't run after me because I'm fleeing!" Seriously? LOL!

It's very possible this officer will have PTSD after all this. His family has had to flee their home.....people demanding his arrest has got to take an emotional toll on a person. He shouldn't be back out on the street soon. I think he would have a good claim for worker's comp for at least the immediate future.

JMO

People aren't just demanding his arrest, now they want him dead. That's horrifying. In Chicago, they don't release the name of an officer involved in a shooting until the investigation is completed, and now I understand why.

Citation: The extremists, and their frightening speeches

Via Kindle, like a true Amazon junkie

So are you totally rejecting reports that Brown was going for the officers gun? I think it would have been difficult for the officer to go for his mace or taser when he was struggling to maintain possession of his firearm against a 6'4'', 265 lb man. Pretty hard to call for back up during a struggle, don't you think? You don't know if he was shooting him as he ran away from him or shooting him as he was coming toward him and neither does anyone else since the investigation report hasn't been released.

With all due respect, the only one stated that is Wilson, which is the common phrase used. He went for my gun. He went for a gun..it appears to be speak to justify actions..

Do you have a link to your first statement?

tia
fran

That would only take google. We have the man choked to death in NY, We have Jordan Davis. Many believe that GZ got away with murder also. I am not saying that violence is the way to go but I also believe it is a few bad bad apples and not the many many good people who are trying to just protest peacefully and be heard.

I have a friend who just moved her whole family away from Philly because she scared about raising her boys in the city. Her cousin was gunned down last winter in philly.

I am not saying it is right to riot, I am just saying that I am starting to really understand how it must feel.

In this case I believe all the rioting and mess is mostly due to how the police handled this from the beginning. I think if there was more openess from the beginning, It would not have gotten here.

Oh My Lord. NOW the UN wants to get involved. CNN just read a UN PROCLAMATION urging the USA to investigate this tragic incident. :facepalm:

OMG are you freaking kiddin me?
Beyond ridiculous.

Yes. I do agree that race can get you killed. And I think it's a crime people are profiled. However, I am not even close to believing that that was the case here. And if people were truly teaching their kids how not to get killed because of their race, I doubt he would have aggressively robbed a store and struggled and ran from a cop. I will always teach my child to listen and obey an officer. If in the wash of events it comes out that the officer over stepped their bounds, I would do what it takes to see that action against that officer was taken.

And if it's a community problem, the community needs to change it. Raise their boys to be officers in their community, protest before events happen. Document actual examples of profiling, and be like a thorn in their side until the results you want are achieved.

Physically attacking and robbing a store clerk as well as attacking and disobeying LE will never end any issue.

The way I read this case is that the hot button issue between the community and police is the accusation police routinely engage in racial profiling. In that regard, I agree with the community that if it is being done, it must stop.

But this case has nothing to do with racial profiling because Brown and Johnson were walking in the street, not on the sidewalk. The officer would have stopped them and told them to get out of the street no matter what race they were.

JMO

That's not the way it works. LE is not *required* to stop pursuit just because the suspect runs away. (Even though that's clearly not what happened in this case.)

Can you imagine if the laws were structured that way? "I just killed that guy, but I ran away. You can't run after me because I'm fleeing!" Seriously? LOL!

Firing wildly in that manner could have gotten an innocent person shot dead.

I'm wondering how many shots were fired in total from Wilson's weapon, that hasn't been told.

Then it wasn't said and should not be repeated that it was stated.

From http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/18/us/missouri-teen-shooting/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Dr. Michael Baden said no signs of a struggle were revealed in his autopsy of Brown's body, conducted after an official examination by the St. Louis County Medical Examiner's Office.

And forensics consultant Shawn Parcells, who assisted Baden, said the findings are consistent with witness reports that Brown may have been shot as he walked away and that he was shot again with his hands up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Engeluc