IN IN - Kristy Kelley, 27, Boonville, 15 Aug 2014 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
When a sexual predator abducts a woman in her vehicle, they almost always have to return the vehicle near the scene of the abduction because that is where they left their own car, or less commonly where they live. To abduct a woman and abandon the vehicle in a spot it will will not be readily found would be most unusual because of the perp's own need for transportation and the fact that the vehicle, if it is separate from the kill site, dump site or any other place related to the crime, will no be likely to contain serious forensic evidence or otherwise be useful in solving the crime.

It known facts suggest a likelihood that she had an accident and the car hasn't been found. The short trip to the South Side bar was entirely in developed areas but we don't know where her parents lived or where anyone else who she might have been inclined to visit resided. My best WAG (wild *advertiser censored* guess) is that she is in her car underwater or in deep brush somewhere out of town.

Someone posted on here earlier the street name where the parents live but it was removed (for good reason). Below is a link to what the intersection at the end of 4th avenue looks like. According to the post that was removed the parents do NOT live on 4th but MIGHT live close to this intersection. Depending if alcohol was involved or some other medical condition occurred and depending on how deep this lake is a car could easily end up in this water if the stop sign is missed. Hopefully this has been checked and if not it should.

https://www.google.com/maps/@38.042...ata=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sFrqmEe-wE5WMkRvdSVTLHw!2e0

Foxtrotromeo, great observation! I wonder if it has been searched

I left the link and a message for someone to check it out. Im scared to post it on the find page because it seems to stress them out. I used to take the kids there when they were little to feed the ducks. IIRC its not real deep but it needs to be checked out.

I suspect she was slipped something in her drink. Ugh.
Where are you, Kristy?
I can't believe her car is still missing, too.

Brainstorm post / still searching:

So far, I've come across attempted abductions this year in Cordyon, and Lafayette IN---still searching (2 perps involved in both).

eta: Attempted child abductions in Crothersville, Hammond, Ft. Wayne, Indianapolis, Jeffersonville and Columbus, IN, still searching...

ugh, so many attempted child abductions all the time. :(

eta: Found one in Warrick County:
http://www.14news.com/story/23563864/warrick-co-woman-warns-parents-after-attemtped-abduction

Article from 2008:
http://www.post-gazette.com/breaking/2008/02/25/Suspect-in-Wheeling-abduction-sex-assault-escapes/stories/200802250175

Something about her leaving her phone behind at the bar is gnawing at me.

I just followed the Jennifer Huston case, the missing mother who's phone went dead shortly after she left a drug store, only to be found dead later on from an apparent suicide. I sure didn't see that one coming, and it still doesn't make sense to me.

What if Kristy wasn't sure if she could be tracked by her phone, thus she deliberately left it in the bathroom of the VFW ?

I could see where someone might not be sure if their phone could be tracked just by having it in their possession. Therefore, to insure that it could't be, they simply leave it behind. Problem solved.

I wonder if we may have a similar circumstance here to the Jennifer Huston case. Young mother, not happy or depressed about something, no outward signs of distress, drives off on her own and vanishes. Any chance this woman may have followed that case on her computer ?

Her leaving that phone behind seems to be key in this, at least to me.

There's often a guestbook / sign in book at the door of VFWs for guests. Wonder if there was one here.

Something about her leaving her phone behind at the bar is gnawing at me.

I just followed the Jennifer Huston case, the missing mother who's phone went dead shortly after she left a drug store, only to be found dead later on from an apparent suicide. I sure didn't see that one coming, and it still doesn't make sense to me.

What if Kristy wasn't sure if she could be tracked by her phone, thus she deliberately left it in the bathroom of the VFW ?

I could see where someone might not be sure if their phone could be tracked just by having it in their possession. Therefore, to insure that it could't be, they simply leave it behind. Problem solved.

I wonder if we may have a similar circumstance here to the Jennifer Huston case. Young mother, not happy or depressed about something, no outward signs of distress, drives off on her own and vanishes. Any chance this woman may have followed that case on her computer ?

Her leaving that phone behind seems to be key in this, at least to me.

It's bugging me too. Not just because of Jennifer Huston....but that scenario is definitely a good possibility. I am wondering if they found it that night or the next day after they started looking for her. If she was abducted, could the person have decided on her there and put her phone back in the washroom. Or another scenario, could the person have gotten her under control or gave her something to pass out in her vehicle, then grab her phone and run it back into the establishment before they even left the parking lot with her. If it is someone known to her or the people at the bar, they may not have even questioned why the person was coming back in to use the washroom.

Any chance she could have been intoxicated...or sleepy...and left the roadway without the car being noticed from the main road?

I just saw a lead-in promo-----Nancy Grace will profile the case tonight and talk about 6 other women that have disappeared in the same area.

Bombshell Tonight !!!

Bombshell Tonight !!! Thank you ! :) I know you don't mean to make light of this situation and yet NG seems to do so every night.

I feel like in an abduction, the car is just usually abandoned...not hidden or stolen along with the victim. A suspect does not want to be linked to the vehicle. Jmo

Is this right? She was seen on video driving away from the bar, then driving back towards it 20 minutes later. And her cell phone was in the bathroom at the bar? Doesn't it make sense she went back to get her phone and found the place had closed up early? No report of her vehicle being seen on video again after that? If she'd been drinking even a bit, she might have driven back roads home.

Leaving a cell phone in a public bathroom happens all the time. I found one when I was in Florida in March. While I was searching the phone for a number to call, the owner called it from her husband's cell. We connected outside the bathroom to return it.

Is this right? She was seen on video driving away from the bar, then driving back towards it 20 minutes later. And her cell phone was in the bathroom at the bar? Doesn't it make sense she went back to get her phone and found the place had closed up early? No report of her vehicle being seen on video again after that? If she'd been drinking even a bit, she might have driven back roads home.

Leaving a cell phone in a public bathroom happens all the time. I found one when I was in Florida in March. While I was searching the phone for a number to call, the owner called it from her husband's cell. We connected outside the bathroom to return it.

Do you have the link to the article saying that she was seen driving back towards the bar, I haven't seen it yet?

Do you have the link to the article saying that she was seen driving back towards the bar, I haven't seen it yet?

There is one posted from last night here...but the return trip could not absolutely be identified as same car, though it seems likely at that hour, . See post #79.

It's been 5 days and from what i have read and researched they have nothing. If they could at least find her car then maybe just maybe they can find her. The support of her community and all the daily searching is unreal. This young lady has alot of people looking for her. I do not believe the phone was left intentionally but i do question as to why if she was going out with the bartender after they closed why she just left and didn't say bye or at least something to the girl she had made plans with. Really weird.. I have also read that her and her friends that were there with her had a "small dispute" as they put it and you kinda have to wonder if she was mad about it and that's why she left without saying anything. I don't know,this whole case is just odd. I hope and pray that she found soon for her kids. Her dad had to tell them and make a promise to them that he would bring their mommy home. It's heartbreaking. Where are you Kristy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldDustyBooks