MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe they're the only ones who listen to poor black people. Even if their motive is dirty, they're guaranteed to get attention to a cause. Ask yourself why they have a platform. No one else cares. (And that's not to say that they do - but they are useful to get attention to an issue).

Also, I find it pretty condescending that people think of blacks as being easily hoodwinked by "hustlers" lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're kidding, right? They are easily hoodwinked by hustlers and the ONLY reason I can know that for sure is that so is every other race or class of people on the planet. If people weren't susceptible to that kind of sensationalism, we wouldn't have all these crappy political ads every fall.

No one said that. But personalky, no matter what the law says regarding use of force, I don't think any unarmed suspect bee has to be gunned down in order to be taken into custody. Period.

But to the larger point - What *I* would like ( I won't speak for others) is for people to realize that the issue being protested is NOT just MB. And that it is a legitimate, historical, and unaddressed issue in many places. I said some nights ago that some jurisdictions have gone a long way in recent years to restructure themselves, investigate themselves, to root out systemic corruption and bias. Those places that have not done so MUST do so. Or this side will keep happening.

For those who have been saying how tired hey are of hearing about racial issues - maybe this is the way to stop hearing about it. Listen to what your fellow human beings are telling you; acknowledge - don't dismiss- their experiences, and join in helping make things better.

It is hard to accept the riots are NOT about MB, when people like the local senator say that if there is no indictment, then the entire area will be looted. And the parents say they will accept nothing other than a prosecution and a guilty verdict.

So I agree there are racial issues nationwide. But it appears this city is being held hostage by this incident. jmo

I did this the other night and you ignored my response. Here it is again:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...el-brown-ferguson-missouri-timeline/14051827/

Once again, I believe LE.
Was chief Belmar there when this went down? If this is what FBI has concluded from their investigation then I will feel as though most of the story is coming together.... My guess is that this is part of Wilson's story which may or may not be true... But let's not forget he is under investigation right now so his story needs to be corroborated somehow by someone or some piece of evidence... Something.

Maybe they're the only ones who listen to poor black people. Even if their motive is dirty, they're guaranteed to get attention to a cause. Ask yourself why they have a platform. No one else cares. (And that's not to say that they do - but they are useful to get attention to an issue).

Also, I find it pretty condescending that people think of blacks as being easily hoodwinked by "hustlers" lol.

So much about that statement bothers me.

Poor black people, poor white people, poor yellow people, etc. No one deserves to be taken advantage of in that way. No one should have to accept attention in exchange for dirty motives.

Plenty of different races get taken by hustlers. And IMO. in this case. the majority of black people in Ferguson are being used and I'm embarassed for them.

Good grief, I wish to offer a general apology for the typos in all my posts. Too many to edit now lol. I am still posting from just my phone and my poor fingers are too clumsy!

So embarrassing! :help:

At least it didnt make any embarrassing 'auto-corrects.' Those can be hilarious.

Pffft.

I'm blonde, blue white as they come and I've had my share of rude, arrogant and biligerant interactions with police...for doing nothing more than being nosey and trying to see what was going on...broken tail light..concert parking lots...being lost in an area I didn't belong in... etc....

Same here! But brown eyes & actual interactions with StL County & StL City LE - talk about arrogant until I called friends :) in the right places! And a basic understanding of the law helps; I could not imagine now in a world of instant media/video/recordings.

I now am straightened up & flyin' right :)

You are lucky to have had interactions with LE that predispose you to believe them.

I've seen with my own eyes how some cops will just make ish up. Because they know they will be believed, and the arrestee will not.

Can you not see how one's experiences and environment will color their perception of who is telling the truth?

Actually, I was physically assaulted by a police officer when I was in my 20's but I don't let it cloud my judgment wrt every single officer on the planet. That would be silly and unjust.

I was also discriminated against by a Chinese employer. Does that make all Chinese people bad and untrustworthy? I think not.

IIRC Dorian originally quoted himself telling the supposedly foul-mouthed DW, "Officer, we are almost at our destination." lol

I visualize him saying this in his best "Eddie Haskell" voice!! LOL!!!

I'm so sorry you've ever been treated like that :blowkiss: It is wrong and unacceptable.

I so thank you for that. I haven't really been subjected personally to anything worse than disrespect and disdain. But I have seenany times in person family members and friends harassed for no reason. It hurt my heart to see this happen. It is humiliating. When you see it happen to someone else, someone you care about, I think it's almost worst - because they don't want you or anyone to witness their humiliation. You don't want to be there witnessing it, to save them the pain of embarrassment.

This is why to me it does not matter if MB was a saint or the worst criminal. Because I have seen unfair treatment dealt out to both troublemakers and complete innocents. That's where the people of ferguson are coming from too. It doesn't matter to them about the robbery, because they have seen mistreatment happen to everyone, I'm betting.

Was chief Belmar there when this went down? If this is what FBI has concluded from their investigation then I will feel as though most of the story is coming together.... My guess is that this is part of Wilson's story which may or may not be true... But let's not forget he is under investigation right now so his story needs to be corroborated somehow by someone or some piece of evidence... Something.

This cop is not an idiot. He would never say his gun went off first in the car if it was not true. He would KNOW that could be easily corroborated forensically, imo.

Hospital X-rays of the injury have been submitted to the St. Louis County prosecuting attorney and will be shared with a grand jury now weighing evidence to determine whether Officer Darren Wilson should be charged in the shooting

http://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...7524ea-293c-11e4-958c-268a320a60ce_story.html

any kind of injury & fear for my own well being IMHO is justification for self-defense

:loveyou:Thank you, thank you, thank you krimekat!! I can't post links from my phone and I was trying to stop the endless posts about no proof Office Wilson was assaulted by MB.

Yes but does it happen to you because you are white and blonde? Does it happen to you with regularity? So you get roughed up because of it?

And besides all that - why is any human being - white black or purple - expected to bow and scrape before cops? If they treat you disrespectfully, why are they automatically owed unquestioning obedience?

You are a human being, and deserve to be treated like one. Regardless of whether you wear a badge or not!

There are always going to be jerks in the world. Some wear a badge, most don't.

Here is the difference.

Police deal with liars and criminals everyday. Everyday they risk their lives. Everyday.

They carry guns and wear a badge for a reason. Only a fool or a criminal wouldn't gladly give them the respect they deserve.

Only a fool or a criminal would challenge an officer of the law. They carry GUNS. Their sworn duty is to protect. Their hope is to make it home every night.

So... Yeah...I'll continue to support law enforcement and defend them straight down the line when or until there is definitive PROOF one is a criminal.

I already have the proof that I require to determine Brown was a criminal that made VERY poor decisions that cost him his life.

All IMO

So now people are saying Don Lemon said an X-ray did not show the fracture but he did not mention a CT scan:)

It is not hard to grasp at all... But if that was Wilson's reason for killing MB then he is going to jail.

from what has been released so far, IMHO Officer Wilson was defending himself; does anyone but Officer Wilson's friends who have spoken to the media know WHY MB was shot according to Officer Wilson?

So here's the deal. Black people have in the past, and continue to be, harassed by cops in a way white people who appear to be affluent never have been. (I say this, although my son was bodyslammed by a cop for saying "what are my rights here?" and another one of my sons was cited for underage drinking when it was clear he did NOT drink and he had to pay $500 in emergency room fees to produce a blood alcohol level of 0% to the court). By and large, white people are treated with respect, and by and large black people are often not. I'm still reeling from this incident last summer in Brazoria county, where two black young women were given pelvics on the side of the road by a cop who didn't even change gloves between anal and vaginal searches of the two girls, turning up nothing although he believed he smelled marijuana in the car. GOOD GOD. There is NO WAY this would have been done to a couple of blonde girls with a Kappa sticker on their car. Link below.

But the thing is, in this case, it appears this officer was clean as can be, and he was defending his life against a very violent young man who might have actually killed him had he not been stopped by gunfire. The cause itself - to work for better treatment of blacks by LE - is valid, but in this case, it doesn't apply at all. I hope and pray that the grand jury feels free to listen to the truth is allowed to win out and people will finally allow DW to continue his life in peace.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...dy-cavity-searches-roadside-article-1.1390230

It is hard to accept the riots are NOT about MB, when people like the local senator say that if there is no indictment, then the entire area will be looted. And the parents say they will accept nothing other than a prosecution and a guilty verdict.

So I agree there are racial issues nationwide. But it appears this city is being held hostage by this incident. jmo

Honestly, do you think if this were over just one isolated incident, that people would be this upset, to the extent of protesting all these days? What is there to gain for them? Why would people be this angry over just one isolated incident??

Can anyone just acknowledge even the possibility that these people of Ferguson have focused on MBs case simply because it was the last straw??

I guess I have been blessed with my interactions with police. The detectives solved my brother's murder in 3 weeks and the 2 murderers were sentenced to LWOP. I am greatful to them on so many levels. Say what you will about LE. Sure there are some real *******s, but then again they are found in every profession.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Annie151