MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I've seen it takes a minimum of an hour for coroner to arrive at scene and that's fast since I was told it would probably take hours. It was about 3 hours before my mom was removed into a van.

Re: covering body, they covered my mom within 1 hour after being found. Yesterday my husband was shaken over seeing fatal traffic accident, the deceased was covered within minutes.

I think LE was concerned with volatile situation erupting causing more focus on crowd control than actual crime scene investigation at first.

It seems that people who have been speaking in the press and saying five hours are using rough estimates and rounding times to come to that number. MOO

I have no idea how long is "normal" or even if there is one. I would think every scene is different, every investigation containing its own challenges that factor into the situation. I am sad that he lay there uncovered for hours but do not know enough about shooting scene investigations and their protocols to even begin to decide that something was done improperly. No clue. Shrug.

Do you mean nancy grace? LOL now i may loose some points but i love her. Dunno why but she intrigues me. We dont get her over here in london so i catch her on youtube. Everyone dislikes her..i dunno

She is a hard-core former prosecutor, so she always goes after whoever is the suspect and cuts defense lawyers off or yanks their microphones. She really isn't judicious, but hey, it's her TV show so she can do what she wants. But its funny when she goes on rants (she tapes her show early in the afternoon, so often, she has no clue about any news on the subject that comes out after her taping and before her show goes on the air. LOL JMO

What disgusts me... That somehow...the young are being taught by some that what Mike Brown did is okay.

That laws are optional. It's okay to take what isn't theirs by force or threat. That defying the police is admirable.

It's scares me.

Mike Brown is the wrong one to elevate to Sainthood and make some sort of folk hero.

He's not the one.

All IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I viewed his actions & behavior in the 15 minutes prior to his death. Doesn't seem like very much of a leap to me, more of a logical conclusion. IMO

Really? I have been rowdy and all sorts to police, but never grabbed from nothing to hit him with, that seems a bit extreme to me, thoe i am not MB so i have no clue if thats what he done.

Now if a cop pulled out his batten and started to smack me for telling me to get out the way etc, then you would need to shoot me, and i would hope that officer suffers a long life behind bars..JMO

Just concerned about why he fired so many rdns to kill ole boy. Nothing justifies it for me, not when you are unarmed imo. Sorry

It took abot 3 seconds to fire off those rounds. The first 4 shots missed. Was he supposed to stop if the perp was still coming at him?

Let me ask this, How many times do the police go out on domestic disputes with nasty angry people, Most likely swinging and acting like fools? I bet a lot. How many of them end up dead? Not many.
Like I said before I am still waiting for a final analysis but at this point, It looks to me that this cop had other options than taking this life and did not take them.

You might want to look up the stats for officers injured and killed responding to domestic disputes.

A little perspective is a good thing. IMO

I find it very hard to ask this, but him doing all of that, which some things i have done as a teen, Yes in London, i would hope a cop would not just shoot me dead. Come on, not saying MB was innocent but no human being is. But you mention all these learnt behaviours as if, it was derseving...Lawd help me

He was not shot for doing any of those things. He was shot because he attacked the cop, shoved him into the car, punched him in the face, and struggled over the weapon. THAT is what brought on the shooting.

Keeps happening?

The statistics don't lie.

Where is the real genuine concern for the horrific abundance of black on black crime? 98% of the time a young black man is murdered, it was by the hand of another young black man.

There's no getting around that. As the mother of a young black son... Those statistics terrify me.

My son has a better chance of being killed by lightening than unjustly shot and killed by police.
When he walks out the door, that's not my #1 fear. It's not even on my list of Top Five

Well it should be linda! And i have concern for black on black crime as i work with them, victims too, and there families. Same here here in london, black on black on young people is sky high, not ignoring it. And yes it keeps happening, young men being shot and killed and the police walk...are they all guilty????? Really

Let me ask this, How many times do the police go out on domestic disputes with nasty angry people, Most likely swinging and acting like fools? I bet a lot. How many of them end up dead? Not many.
Like I said before I am still waiting for a final analysis but at this point, It looks to me that this cop had other options than taking this life and did not take them.

Here ya go
http://www.policechiefmagazine.org/...n=display_arch&article_id=2378&issue_id=52011

Being a cop is a dangerous job.
Try seeing it from their perspective.

I'd love to see pix of hat closer to MB. My thoughts are currently cap fell off during tussle in/by SUV. Even if MB ran 50 feet, that's still close to be shot. Shot through top of head bugs me since MB was (probably) going down for that to happen, but all this went down so quickly, it may have meant to be body shot.

Lots of 'em. Like distances between DW and MB, distance of MB's cap from MB's corpse. (someone calculated it as 100 feet) Maybe my eyes deceive me, but I saw the corpse and the cap (just guessing) about 5 feet from each other. Also, if the distance between the corpse and the cop SUV was around 35ft, in order for MB to be running TOWARD DW, he would have had to run AWAY from him at a further distance than 35 ft in order to die 35 ft from the SUV. ?????But we do not know the actual distances, because they have not been confirmed. JMHO

Really? I have been rowdy and all sorts to police, but never grabbed from nothing to hit him with, that seems a bit extreme to me, thoe i am not MB so i have no clue if thats what he done.

Now if a cop pulled out his batten and started to smack me for telling me to get out the way etc, then you would need to shoot me, and i would hope that officer suffers a long life behind bars..JMO

Would you condone that type of behavior from your own child? should people strive to instill values and morals or make excuses for bad behavior?

I think we must be looking at and reading different information.
I'll leave it at that.
IMO if there was ever a case of justifiable homicide by an officer of the law... This is it.

Mike Brown's legacy should be a cautionary tale of exactly what NOT to do, how NOT to behave...

I don't like to hear about a thief and store employee attacker being held in such high regard. Nevermind his ignoring LE's order to get out of the street. His law breaking is pretty much ignored. I know MB is a victim who was shot and killed.

This is not directed at anyone in particular, and there's no telling where it will show up in the thread, but for those like me who would rather not see posts from specific posters, there is an "ignore" option available. Click "Settings" in the upper top right corner. Then click "edit ignore list". Type in the name of any poster whose posts you'd rather not see-click "okay"-then click "save changes".
My ignore list has 9 names, gathered over years and through many trials. But I find it occasionally very helpful.

What disgusts me... That somehow...the young are being taught by some that what Mike Brown did is okay.

That laws are optional. It's okay to take what isn't theirs by force or threat. That defying the police is admirable.

It's scares me.

Mike Brown is the wrong one to elevate to Sainthood and make some sort of folk hero.

He's not the one.

All IMO

I don't think anything that MB did was okay. I don't think anyone does but at this point he did not deserve the death penalty for it. That is where I think the rub is for most of us.
I think that MB was not a choir boy but I at this point I have a lot of trouble with this shooting.

I understand thats the law of the police, but as a social worker who works with youths and has been on the other side of a lot of that, i cannot nod my head and feel right about it. BUT i get it, extreme but i get it.

Can you put yourself in a policeman's shoes? He is on edge, concerned, every moment that he is out in public. He knows there are some people who would like to kill him. It happens every day. So he is going to be hypervigilant or he is going to be killed.

To anyone who cares to take a guess---------
Is there a reason why LE hasn't acted on D's outstanding warrant (s)?
Could LE be waiting for the GJ to meet for this case?
Esp if DJ is possibly called as a witness> tia
he is liable for arrest on the warrant if he's found within 50 miles of where the warrant was issued. F'son is 100 miles away. I guess that's how they do it in MO (with non-violent offense warrants, another guess on my part)

I'd love to see pix of hat closer to MB. My thoughts are currently cap fell off during tussle in/by SUV. Even if MB ran 50 feet, that's still close to be shot. Shot through top of head bugs me since MB was (probably) going down for that to happen, but all this went down so quickly, it may have meant to be body shot.

There is one witness that I think makes the most sense in this. And he said that he did not see him raise his hands but saw MB lean over like he was already wounded and then MB was shot mulitple times after that.

I think that most likely this guy was going down and the officer just continued firing and that is a problem for me. I think the danger was way over when he continued to shoot this unarmed person.

Does anyone know when other police arrived on the scene and how and who called them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow