IL - Child says she saw another girl tied up in van of man who tried to kidnap her

zwiebel

Reaction score
Chicago police have sent out a community alert after an 11-year-old attempted abduction victim said she saw another girl tied up and duct-taped in the suspect's white van, Monday.

'An 11-year-old girl who escaped an attempted kidnapping Monday afternoon in the South Side Woodlawn neighborhood told authorities she saw another girl tied up in the man’s van, police said.'
'The 11-year-old girl was walking home from school about 3:50 p.m. in the 1000 block of East 63rd Street when a man approached her from behind and grabbed her, according to a community alert from Chicago Police.'

The man is described as black, with graying hair on his wrist, and was dressed in all black, with a black ski mask. Driving a white, full-size van.

Anyone with information should contact Area Central detectives at (312) 747-8380.

http://voices.suntimes.com/news/breaking-news/police-search-for-south-side-kidnapping-suspect/

:eek: :eek: Could this be true? Something sounds off to me. :waitasec:

I was thinking there should be alerts all over the news already, if there's any possibility he's kidnapped a child. Time would be SO important.

I'm searching for any missing girls in the area.

Once she told LE her story they must have searched any missing girl reports. White vans are so hard to keep track of. They are so numerous.

She is only 13. If she had run away she would have probably come home already. MAYBE that is her in the van. I sure hope not.

It's breaking all over the place now. Surely police haven't JUST released the news though?

'The girl was able to break free from the man and run away, but reported to authorities she saw a black girl, approximately 12 years old, inside the van with her hands and legs duct taped, screaming for help, police said'

It's a full size white van with painted windows, whatever that means.

http://www.myfoxchicago.com/story/26369728/police-search-for-south-side-kidnapping-suspect

You'd think he would have gagged the child too, to stop her screaming......

It is so scary that a kidnapper would drive around the city of Chicago, with a girl duct taped in his van, just so he could grab another one. And wearing a black mask in broad daylight? Didn't anyone else notice?

I just mapped the location of the Tara Lucks abduction last seen and the attempted abduction here and it is only 3.1 miles.
I cant post maps but very concerned here.

jmo

If that is Tara, he has been keeping her alive somewhere for quite awhile. I bet it is local. Seems like he feels safe in that little area zone. Wonder if he is a handyman or something?

Local reporter seems to have a doubt or two.....

Adam Sege (@AdamSege) tweeted at 12:35pm - 26 Aug 14:

Terrifying if bona fide: Report of girl, maybe 12, duct taped and screaming in back of van on South Side. chicagotribune.com/news/local/bre…

https://twitter.com/AdamSege/status/504215593621655552

I had a friend lie to her parents once about someone trying to kidnap her. She really didn't know why she did it, she was just a kid... I'm not saying LE shouldn't take this girl's story seriously it's just that... I hope it's not true.

It does seem very unlikely. But then, I'm surprised a 13 year old girl could be missing for so long in Chicago and there be so little publicity. To be honest though, it would take some kind of insane perp to abduct a child weeks ago, and still be driving around with her in a vehicle.

My worry was that he'd just abducted another child and would kill her when the alert went out. But if police haven't received any reports of a child just gone missing...? I mean, you'd have to hope parents would report immediately if a child as young as that went missing....

I'll start a thread for young Tiara, as she doesn't seem to have one, anyhow.

This is a very bold move by these perpetrators. It also seems odd to me that a girl that was kidnapped a couple weeks before would still be transferred while on the search for another victim.

The more likely, yet horrible, possibly to me is that the girl in the van was kidnapped on the same day, and the person (people) still sought other victims. That is one possibility why there was no missing person's report yet, although hopefully someone would notice that their child was missing by now.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88
Back