Found Deceased WA - Jenise Wright, 6, Bremerton, 2 Aug 2014 - #10 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder what happens, if he refuses to speak or participate in the eval? They can't really form an opinion on competency if they can't speak with him or anything, can they? I wonder if he is just flat out not complying...?

I wonder this too, in fact I think this might be exactly what is going on :gaah:

The longer they stall, the longer he gets to stay in the hospital rather than criminal detention center. ??

It's completely clear that before his arrest he was at least competent to participate in an evaluation. There's no way he can't cooperate now, other than he doesn't want to. It makes me so mad that he's allowed to keep playing games!

It's got to be tactics right? Stalling? How long exactly is it now that he was taken to the hospital? Has he been there all this time? If so, doing what? Mental evals do not take that long do they? My only MH experience is my own, and the people I know on my website, I have never known anyone be in a hospital for more than 5 days, evaluated, treated and sent home.

If I understood the tweets it sounds more like scheduling backup at the facility.

It's got to be tactics right? Stalling? How long exactly is it now that he was taken to the hospital? Has he been there all this time? If so, doing what? Mental evals do not take that long do they? My only MH experience is my own, and the people I know on my website, I have never known anyone be in a hospital for more than 5 days, evaluated, treated and sent home.

Thanks for that information. I ''thought'' that Mental Health professionals would be pretty skilled in evaluations even if the patient is not particularly cooperative.

If I understood the tweets it sounds more like scheduling backup at the facility.

bbm

if that was the case the lawyer only needed to file papers for a continuance.....MOO

I agree with many of your posts...

I can't imagine the judge is any too pleased having all these people clear their schedules for today... And the court had to be reserved... All to be told "the eval. Has not been done yet.

Why the delay?....It's not like GG has a full schedule of events in "Hyatt Prison"....

Again.... We see the perp has more rights than the victims....

all... JMO...

Thanks for that information. I ''thought'' that Mental Health professionals would be pretty skilled in evaluations even if the patient is not particularly cooperative.

But the courts might not accept that evaluation as complete, or the defense can say it's not reliable.

Anyone know if that's true? (I'm just guessing here!)

Legal experts and experienced court watchers....is this scenario a normal occurrence? Do evaluations typically get delayed with the perp showing up at the hearing? Or is this unusual?

And here, I have to respectfully disagree. Most people I know, and people I see around our community, balanced/are balanced in their parenting, supervising the young, slowly easing up on the supervision, and doling out more responsibility, over time....as the child grows.

Young girls around here are babysitting at 11 and 12. (My daughter included.) Which means they have parents that have at some point, taught them to be responsible, independent, good decision makers.) And she is/they are being hired as babysitters by people who know young children need supervision. Teenagers walk freely around my community. They drive. Get teenage jobs. Head off to college. Get first jobs. Buy houses. These are young adults that I knew as young kids who were closely supervised as six-year-olds.

It's the extremes that stick out in our minds and garner the most discussion. The 3 year old wandering the neighborhood in a man's shirt, letting herself into neighbor's houses. Or the other extreme, the 17 year-old who is afraid to go away to college because they've never spent One Single Night away from mom and dad.

Respectfully, I think you need to reread my post. "Sometimes" does not imply a carte blanche or blanket statement. I was looking at two parenting extremes and noting that a blend of both is good, MOO. I did not apply "helicopter parenting" to a specific age bracket.

I don't understand either. Could there be some disagreement over who does the evaluation or the release of previous medical records?

I was looking at the pics of him on Twitter and he looks like any other teenager. I had to pick my youngest up from school sick today and the hallways of his high school were full of "Gabe's". How can it be that one day he was likely rushing between classes with a phone in one hand and a overflowing book bag in the other and the next he raped and murdered a small child?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your statement makes me wonder who does the eval , within the hospital. Is there a specific dr who does all evals for this type of thing? Or a team or doctors? Could there literally be a disagreement where one side is saying 'oh he's so mentally ill, we cant do eval yet ' and another side is saying' he's fine, just eval him'? OR could the terrified little GG be playing this up big time knowing every day his eval is stalled , he is NOT in jail where other inmates know what he did ??

Hopefully some of these reporters will get to the bottom of this. It's ridiculous. I don't recall hearing this. Stalling for trial dates and them being changed over and over is common. Stalling for just getting charged.........something stinks !

And btw :seeya: Team Jenise !

Respectfully, I think you need to reread my post. "Sometimes" does not imply a carte blanche or blanket statement. I was looking at two parenting extremes and noting that a blend of both is good, MOO. I did not apply "helicopter parenting" to a specific age bracket.

I agree with everything you said. Sometimes I think our world lacks common sense, there is no balance anymore. Helicopter parent and you have a fearful child who can't cope and make decisions on their own. Hands off parenting can create a child who doesn't understand danger, consequences, or basic life skills. It's frustrating to watch, speaking of that. Have any of you watched the reality show, Extreme Guide to Parenting on Bravo? Very, very disturbing and 60 minutes of my life I'll never get back.

Sorry, I read the sentence as two independent clauses. Sometimes the world lacks common sense. There is no balance anymore. Read that way, the second clause reads (to me!) as if you were saying no balance exists anymore. Thanks for clearing it up--it seems we agree. :)

WTH?? The mental health eval hasn't happened yet?

WTH! :gaah:

I mean, it's not like Gabe is busy with school and sports and friends!! How can he not have 'time' for the mental eval?

For the love of God, he's in jail!!! :facepalm:

who gives a flying flaming squirrell if GG is ready or not

I do. I understand everyone wants a big old rush to justice but I'd rather they took time and made sure he didn't have a single damn thing he could try an appeal on. I don't care if he gets a coat over his head, it's his legal right at this point. If he's playing games over the mental eval, the longer they take to assess him, the more likely they are to catch him out. If he's not, then let them take the time to get him on the right regime so he's fit to stand trial. The right result is all that matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23